Jack Monroe #366 The campaigner Jack Monroe was particularly unwise to pursue this course of action

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone asked her why she didn't have some sort of estate sale to make some money off all this clutter she's apparently just giving away now, before resorting to boiling soap scraps, etc etc? Really makes you think. I mean if I was sitting on a pile of Wonderful Stuff but my bank account was empty I'd probably at least try listing some of it on ebay first...

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Has anyone asked her why she didn't have some sort of estate sale to make some money off all this clutter she's apparently just giving away now, before resorting to boiling soap scraps, etc etc? Really makes you think. I mean if I was sitting on a pile of Wonderful Stuff but my bank account was empty I'd probably at least try listing some of it on ebay first...
She certainly had a house sale before. Why not now?
I don’t believe she is giving it away.

Reactions: 32
She tweeted about her son wanting to go to the cinema to watch Avengers:Endgame and how she would need to wear ear defenders for it. She also wasn't amused when people told her it was three hours long.

No idea if they actually went to see it because it was never mentioned again.
Can’t afford shampoo, trip to the cinema no problem

Reactions: 30
Yes, isn't it strange she's giving away all these big ticket furniture items to friends instead of selling them when she's apparently so broke?

Makes you think.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
I’ve also seen a lot more people talking about her as a grifter on Twitter lately including a few reasonably well known mediay types.
👋I've been reading here for a few months, but there was a change once she posted that essay to ask for more money recently. She cropped up in a group chat a few hours after and most of us in agreement something seems off with her. I think jack really overegged the pudding and I'm not surprised it's backfired. She doesn't know when to stop. Many will still support her as they like what she stands for and will never budge.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Please forgive me and tell me if this isn't a 🧦afterall but this made me laugh out loud.

Screenshot_20220818-152415_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Probably 360 threads late with this lol but I found it randomly and it made me laugh remembering past posts. Out of interest, does anyone know when the first mentioning of the landlady not being “lovely” was? Same question for the “crappy bungalow”! I want to know if there’s a crossover

8E99B20D-E721-40A0-A6FA-EC55E498CFB1.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
👋I've been reading here for a few months, but there was a change once she posted that essay to ask for more money recently. She cropped up in a group chat a few hours after and most of us in agreement something seems off with her. I think jack really overegged the pudding and I'm not surprised it's backfired. She doesn't know when to stop. Many will still support her as they like what she stands for and will never budge.
If she had just stuck to her original lie and then went on to be more truthful with her circumstances now, then, there would be no issue.

She can't help but exaggerate and embellish, to go to extremes to get shock and attention. Jack loves facts attention. She took it too far and now it's all spiralling down around her. Her usual tactics to distract aren't even working. Her career has been floundering for quite some time, but this could easily be the nail in the coffin for it.

Reactions: 38
That Jamie one kills me every time 🤣🤣

Jack is a total pumble wanker for taking credit for the ONS, she really is shameless.

I call this the Embarrassing Drunk Jack Interview. I was pretty surprised the book person interviewer didn't shut it down
I wonder if she had seen Jack like that before and was used to it. She said she was Jack's publicist and they had travelled together for talks so its possible. Didn't Jack say she threw a chair at a publicist once?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Probably 360 threads late with this lol but I found it randomly and it made me laugh remembering past posts. Out of interest, does anyone know when the first mentioning of the landlady not being “lovely” was? Same question for the “crappy bungalow”! I want to know if there’s a crossover

View attachment 1508841
I think it was only earlier this year. Open to correction from a more learned frau though. Jack tweeted that she had tried to befriend the landlady but she didn't want to know. 🥺

I think the bungalow has been crappy since 2020, I seem to remember that language being used back then.

Reactions: 23
Yes, isn't it strange she's giving away all these big ticket furniture items to friends instead of selling them when she's apparently so broke?

Makes you think.
Wonder whether the plan is to rent a flat for a year to save up a bit of extra cash for the big buy? Maybe Big Dave has said they’ll bung her £20k if she saves another £20k in the year. Maybe act as guarantor if she proves she can get her life and finances in order.
Either that or *insert Jimmy Nail.gif*

Reactions: 22
Just popping on to say hello... I've actually been here since all this was just fields and we were still dizzy from thread 31. However, a kind Frau last week, reminded us that we could easily be 🔺 if our names were the same on other social media. I realised that my @somwhere was actually also my Frau name. Even though I mostly lurked but often liked and laughed, I deleted my account and set up this new one. Soznotsoz and I am now incognito :cool:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Wonder whether the plan is to rent a flat for a year to save up a bit of extra cash for the big buy? Maybe Big Dave has said they’ll bung her £20k if she saves another £20k in the year. Maybe act as guarantor if she proves she can get her life and finances in order.
Either that or *insert Jimmy Nail.gif*
😂 you are aware of her body of work? Get her life and finances in order? Save? 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.