Jack Monroe #366 The campaigner Jack Monroe was particularly unwise to pursue this course of action

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Owen will be planning ANOTHER of his podcasts where middle class 30 somethings endlessly go over the same crap about poverty.

To be fair, when I was 30 I thought I knew it all. I couldn't understand why older people had such a different take on a situation, or why they thought everything was so difficult to address.

Guess what? Now I am that "older man" I no longer think I know it all. I now realise that nothing in government (or life to be honest) is simple or easy. Everything is complex, people are complex. And people are on the whole selfish, after all, who wouldn't put their own family first?

I have lived long enough to know crises come and go. They are all over the news, people fearful and panicking, but it ends up being dealt with, either successfully or sometimes less so. Eventually people look back and despair at what happened, promising it will never happen again, but it does. They then just carry on with life until the next crisis.

I could go on but I think you lovely Fraus are on the same page, so I'd be preaching to the converted.

Anyhow, on topic. Jack and Owen can talk until the cows come home, the country will still be up tit creak without a paddle. Nothing they say will make the slightest bit of difference, because nobody that matters is listening.

Long post, sorry/not sorry (delete as applicable)
Ahem, I think you mean Soz/Not Soz Dearheart. Go well 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The glorious tea spiller @Jay-cloth Cow came in with some bonus OH intel at the end of the last thread. Screenshotted as I don't know how to quote closed threads soz.
View attachment 1507580
Hi hi hi. Jumping in from page 1, you know I'm going to say sorry if this has been "dealt with"... Easter lunch and Nuzzling lunch were two different lunches. Nuzzling lunch was at Jack's house.

It's still a lie, just at a different lunch. Jack Monroe lies for no reason, unless the reason is that she *wants to sound like* an inebriated person on the up cycle of high confidence before the next glass of wine/drink of choice that turns a drunk maudlin

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Yes. Molly has definitely moved beyond accusations of carelessness and into the realm of possible fraud.
If Jack has been taking money promising either it or goods to the equivalent value would go to charity and then has kept the money is that fraud? My knowledge of the law is sketchy at best.
I’d also love to know this. Fraud? Embezzlement? I’m hoping for a civil suit from a Patron, there’s a lower standard of proof as far as I can see, it’d throw open a lot of info and it wouldn’t get In the way of any more official action.

Reactions: 21
And from the same "I'm totally not a bunny boiler" category:

View attachment 1507675

I need to stop looking, the cringe is too great. I'm actually starting to feel a bit bad for her.
Tbh it serves her right for bring a presumptuous narc.

On the previous thread there was a post about Lego Fawkes. That's from Harry Potter by the same JK Rowling Jack tried to instigate a pile on against, earlier this year.

Reactions: 19
Stop highlighting how much STUFF you own, you dumb clown shoe. Feck sake how can anyone read this and not ask themselves how much money she has frittered away on crappy things. How can a single mum on such dire financial straits have SO much fecking stuff. Grrrr

But.. but she doesn't have loads of stuff!

Screenshot_20220818-134248_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 54
That account should have left it at one thread. A blog post from faceless twitter account that exists purely to talk about jack and retweet other somewhat unhinged accounts from icel types or failed slimming world cooks (with bought followers and near 0 engagement) isn't going to do squat all.
Incels? The only incels I have come across seem to follow Monroe. It’s amazing how many of her followers seems to delight in chasing down and humiliating women who have offended Jack.
Mollys followers seem to be mostly working class women. Are they now classed as the “usual suspects” ?
Molly is asking for transparency and she is entitled to keep asking until she gets it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Why does she announce she is going to do a thing, when she rarely does and it's not even an interesting thing to begin with?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
The alien creation is my theory and has been for ages. Almost human but not quite.
I work with a woman like that. She gushes, "OOHH what is that? It looks so beautiful!. Such colour! You're amazing!", and I go, "Relax, it's a beetroot, Nadia, I'm about to peel it."

On topic, Jack Monroe has lips like a beetroot.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Six months is ridiculous. When our landlord sold up, we moved within six weeks, which included the possessions of two adults and two kids.

It’s crazy when she talks about ‘not having that much stuff’ and yet she unpacked 60 boxes for her studio/dining room? Our living room was about 12 big boxes worth and that included loads of vinyl records and toys. I would love to see what the crappy bungalow looks like when it’s not been cleaned and the crap piled in the corner for photos.

Reactions: 48
Of course the Molly account will have an impact as it does more. It might not always be at the forefront. But having an account on Twitter that is careful to avoid personal insults, avoiding anger or ranting, but puts everything out there, within Twitter, for twitter people to read, is a very good thing. People are generally lazy - someone curious about whether Jack is actually dishonest might not be bothered to click through to here and make the effort to catch up. Without a central Twitter account keeping and showing receipts, it’s easy to frame the attackers as trolls. But if the Molly account itself becomes a rabbit hole, that will have an impact.
It seems likely that there’s already an impact, and that while there’s no front page scandal based on a smoking gun, a few years ago she was everywhere, now she really doesn’t seem to be. And the flying monkeys can give the impression that she’s very popular, but the knock on impact is that a lot of floating voters are almost certainly quietly distancing themselves.

Reactions: 50
Depends on the author:

Molly's blog post, yes.

VBI, no.
We'll never see the VBI, we never would have. Jack doesn't follow through on any of her nonsense. She never had any intention of doing it at all imo. Too lazy, too busy looking for the next angle to grift off.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I'm sorry, I was worried this would happen 😔. I was a regular here but one of the accounts that AM in engaging with attacked me. I'll go back to wilderness.
How were you a regular if you’d never posted on these threads until Sunday?

Personally I am interested in hearing your views, I don’t think it should be an echo chamber here, but I’m also confused about who the “incel types” are.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Six months is ridiculous. When our landlord sold up, we moved within six weeks, which included the possessions of two adults and two kids.

It’s crazy when she talks about ‘not having that much stuff’ and yet she unpacked 60 boxes for her studio/dining room? Our living room was about 12 big boxes worth and that included loads of vinyl records and toys. I would love to see what the crappy bungalow looks like when it’s not been cleaned and the crap piled in the corner for photos.
We cleansed, put our house on the market, sold and moved within 4 months. Working around two full time jobs and I was heavily pregnant by the end.

It's a faff, but it's not that hard. Especially if your job is twatting around on Twitter and no one would miss you if you were absent for a week.

The rictus grin on that poor woman's face as she desperately tries and fails to get Jack back on track never fails to make me laugh.
She was wankered on something in that interview. So erratic, completely forgot about the thing she was meant to be cooking, cried at one point as well. It was awful 😬

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
I am stumped what to eat for tea, hope she hurries up. Only thing I don't have is 💦 so hoping it can be swapped out..

• Haha
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.