Jack Monroe #366 The campaigner Jack Monroe was particularly unwise to pursue this course of action

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel we have just brushed past the “big green velvet sofa bed”.

Smacks of Loaf to me.

Pictures of said sofa bed anywhere?

We are going from ruining Kit to ruining Fifa to abandoning ice cream to needing a heckin big room to fit all these consoles in.

Just give me a fecking game boy and some mega buttons ffs.
if her son is going to have the bedroom,I would have thought Jack would hold on to the sofabed. Unless she will be using bedroll and a sleeping bag.I

Is this performative declutter aimed at Harold?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
She has such late middle aged frumpy taste (no offense to the late middle aged, I’m talking a particular niche here).

The house itself (even without all her tat) just doesn’t seem remotely like a young person’s house. It reminds me of Bridget Jones’s parents’ house, particularly in this Christmas pic.

I don’t think Pam and Colin Jones could stomach the clutter so they’d have to clean a lot of that tit out and give it a good scrub, but they’d definitely be proud to invite Gerald, Una, the local Rotary and the neighbors round for the annual Boxing Day turkey curry buffet. And you could throw a ruddy lovely garden party for the Lifeboats in the back garden. Mini gherkin, anyone?

View attachment 1508532
Look at Ella/deliciously Ella’s place.

Reactions: 14
if her son is going to have the bedroom,I would have thought Jack would hold on to the sofabed. Unless she will be using bedroll and a sleeping bag.I

Is this performative declutter aimed at Harold?
I was just going to say this. It’s almost like she’ll be having the one bedroom all to herself.

Reactions: 28
That account should have left it at one thread. A blog post from faceless twitter account that exists purely to talk about jack and retweet other somewhat unhinged accounts from icel types or failed slimming world cooks (with bought followers and near 0 engagement) isn't going to do squat all.
I disagree, the account already has achieved something. It's swayed opinion of Jack like we've never seen before. Eyes are now on her that never were before. The strange cultists that are fanatical about her will never be turned, but many people have been, that is evident. Somebody needed to wake people up, and that's what AM has done.

• Heart
Reactions: 94
I don't think a landlord would rent a one bed flat to an adult and 12 year old child (not to mention dog and cat).
Neither do I. There's things like landlord insurance that might limit the number of occupiers. I reckon she'll be renting from someone she knows who has an existing tenant who has given notice. Which is why she's going on about moving in 6 months.

Reactions: 30
How much is her rent again? £1500? I'm starting to think it's not a bad deal for the size of the house comparing it to places near me

Reactions: 53
Neither do I. There's things like landlord insurance that might limit the number of occupiers. I reckon she'll be renting from someone she knows who has an existing tenant who has given notice. Which is why she's going on about moving in 6 months.
Oh look how lucky I am, my friend has come to my rescue and is allowing me to rent their 3 bed detached flat with its own lounge, kitchen, bathroom (up stairs and down) and garden, with a driveway big enough for 3 cars for only £500 a month.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I still don't quite understand why she is moving to a one bedroom flat with a nearly-teen child (even if he is only there once a week). Surely she could get a bigger flat in a different area and keep her green velvet sofa etc? And all the stuff she is making a big deal of getting rid of is just proving to her followers and critics that she has never really been poor in the first place I don't consider myself poor, but I've never been able to afford furniture from Cotswold & co etc.
So true in her delusional Oliver Twist wattpad poverty fan fiction she believes this proves she’s poor. It just proves she has no idea. This is just a cute bit of cosplaying for her. She could afford a nice wee two bedroom for her and SB but that doesn’t sounds as shocking as her arthritic body having to sleep upon a sofa in the living room in her one bedroom flat. And again... why does she put 💦 in her food ...I’m scared 😭😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I think what AM's article does do, is provide reasonable evidence for Anderson's comment ie it blows the libel case out of the water. If/when JM loses work/income/reputation she won't be able to claim "unfair" because people will eventually see that she's simply not good enough at what she does, whether that's cooking, presenting, writing, or advocacy. OK, so she's got a whole snake basket full of ~disabilities~ but so have a million other people... those people accept that and don't take on massive projects or make promises they can't keep before snarling blame onto everyone else. I'm also kinda crap at life and project managing those great ideas and a hoarder so I understand that bit - BUT because I know that, I don't put myself in the public eye imagining I'm important. This is where the narc comes in, in that she is incapable of seeing and dealing with her own limitations, with the sad result that she then doesn't achieve what she might if she reeled herself in. Jack of all trades is master of none indeed (so clearly her family spotted this trait early on). Where she has "made a difference " is purely through having been lucky enough to be given a voice where dozens of other people could have done the job better. That's what really winds me up.
Apologies if this has already been said, but I think the AM teaser also laid out the possibility of Jack Monroe having behaved in a way that was actually criminally dishonest in its lack of accountability rather than stupidly disingenuous.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
How much is her rent again? £1500? I'm starting to think it's not a bad deal for the size of the house comparing it to places near me
I am in a fairly nice area of Southend and a 3 bed semi is about £1500 a month to rent at the moment, she was very lucky to get that place in an almost exclusive area of Southend for nearly half the going rate (or is, and pleased don't be shocked dear reader, lying!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I disagree, the account already has achieved something. It's swayed opinion of Jack like we've never seen before. Eyes are now on her that never were before. The strange cultists that are fanatical about her will never be turned, but many people have been, that is evident. Somebody needed to wake people up, and that's what AM has done.
I didn't say it achieved nothing, because the one viral thread did! My point is carrying on and playing with the incel types and other suspect twitter accounts detracts from that one viral thread. Anyway I've said my point and I suspect no one will agree and that's fine. Namaste🙏. I get people want something big to happen but a blog post repeating stuff here doesn't feel like it.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.