Jack Monroe #366 The campaigner Jack Monroe was particularly unwise to pursue this course of action

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How big are playstations now that you can't fit them in a bedroom if it has a double bed in it?
My son's ps5 is 31/2" x 10" x 16". They stand upright so take up very little space. Obviously you need a tv or monitor too.

Reactions: 25
As a smol pixie myself, why does she have so much storage so out of reach? That would drive me spare. Especially not being able to see clearly what's in the baskets, having to drag the stepladder out and furtle around in the baskets until I found the thing I was looking for.
They are only for the surplus spoons.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Mysterious!

Has Little Owen Jones, who almost definitely isn't a murderer, decided on who he wants to be his baby momma?
Got ur number off the dog collar. Need uterus. U up for it hun? Got turkey baster and everything. £50 cover it? Txt me bk hunni xx

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 63
I want to be careful and not place too much pressure on Molly. She's carrying an awful lot on her shoulders. I'm happy for her to be part of a slow process that helps to delegitimize Jack as a credible source of information, support, and knowledge. She doesn't have to do it alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 95
My son's ps5 is 31/2" x 10" x 16". They stand upright so take up very little space. Obviously you need a tv or monitor too.
Crazy Jack, good job she didn't try to squeeze that in a room with a double bed. It would never have worked 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Delurking to say that Jack Monroe has really really not changed the way the ONS measure inflation; they were measuring by income decile three years ago https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/infl...imatesforukhouseholdgroups20052017/2005to2019

That she will not correct this mis-attribution and will continue to lap up praise and calls for a Nobel prize is obviously par for the course at this stage, but I despair about the lack of critical thinking from the squigs 😬😬😬😰
It’s not only the squigs who lack critical thinking sadly. Those who book her to appear on news channels and in printed media also, disappointingly, lack critical thought. Knowing what I now know about Jack, this whole thing *points* has left me lacking trust in the media as a whole.
having seen how little time it has taken this canal to critique her output and find errors in her figures makes me see that the media do none of this fact checking before allowing her on. That surely means they do it with others too. Sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Owen will be planning ANOTHER of his podcasts where middle class 30 somethings endlessly go over the same crap about poverty.

To be fair, when I was 30 I thought I knew it all. I couldn't understand why older people had such a different take on a situation, or why they thought everything was so difficult to address.

Guess what? Now I am that "older man" I no longer think I know it all. I now realise that nothing in government (or life to be honest) is simple or easy. Everything is complex, people are complex. And people are on the whole selfish, after all, who wouldn't put their own family first?

I have lived long enough to know crises come and go. They are all over the news, people fearful and panicking, but it ends up being dealt with, either successfully or sometimes less so. Eventually people look back and despair at what happened, promising it will never happen again, but it does. They then just carry on with life until the next crisis.

I could go on but I think you lovely Fraus are on the same page, so I'd be preaching to the converted.

Anyhow, on topic. Jack and Owen can talk until the cows come home, the country will still be up tit creak without a paddle. Nothing they say will make the slightest bit of difference, because nobody that matters is listening.

Long post, sorry/not sorry (delete as applicable)
Jack does the rounds with Middle Class Men who think they can talk poverty into extinction. If it's not Owen Jones, she's sitting down with James O'Brien or Russell Brand.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
Again, I don't begrudge anyone nice things, I'm a spender and homewares is one of my fave things to buy. But I'm not sitting here pretending to boil soap as I can't afford shampoo and begging people on the Internet for money.

View attachment 1508267
Yes, exactly. And I don’t think people should have to pawn their gifted rings to get by, either. I would rather skip a meal every day for five years than pawn my engagement ring. It’s the fact for years now she has deliberately projected this blatantly false image of barely scraping by to garner money and sympathy and to fill the begging bowl (and maybe this is just me but I also get the sense that she kept the rings as some sort of weird trophy rather than because of genuine sentimentality)

Reactions: 28
I want to be careful and not place too much pressure on Molly. She's carrying an awful lot on her shoulders. I'm happy for her to be part of a slow process that helps to delegitimize Jack as a credible source of information, support, and knowledge. She doesn't have to do it alone.
I would like to see a short account of Jack's appalling track record with pets, I won't dredge it all up again but just using a time-line from the guinea pigs, rabbit and kitten(s) might shock some of her supporters.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I saw The Little One interviewing people at Extinction Rebellion at Marble Arch in 2019 and he’s got bizarre mannerisms.
He was darting and skipping around like a leprechaun (like seriously he must mainline redbull) with protesters looking politely bemused but also like they secretly wanted to swat him away like an irritating insect.

(I quite liked him then and was chuffed, since he’s got on my wick something awful)

Really makes you think

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.