Jack Monroe #366 The campaigner Jack Monroe was particularly unwise to pursue this course of action

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
71A2965B-3D2D-407F-89E6-8D2BC8F8FEEE.jpeg

Going by this part of the “can you guess what it is?” by the ingredients, is it something to do with a tree surgeon’s cock in the eucalyptus tree which produced a gigantic ejaculation of spunk which you’ve caught in a glass?

No wonder you’ve been “waiting seven years” for all these elements to coalesce, and the tree surgeon’s “output” is no doubt more palatable than your usual “cookery output”, but I’ll give it a pass.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I feel we have just brushed past the “big green velvet sofa bed”.

Smacks of Loaf to me.

Pictures of said sofa bed anywhere?

We are going from ruining Kit to ruining Fifa to abandoning ice cream to needing a heckin big room to fit all these consoles in.

Just give me a fecking game boy and some mega buttons ffs.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
View attachment 1508499

Going by this part of the “can you guess what it is?” by the ingredients, is it something to do with a tree surgeon’s cock in the eucalyptus tree which produced a gigantic ejaculation of spunk which you’ve caught in a glass?

No wonder you’ve been “waiting seven years” for all these elements to coalesce, and the tree surgeon’s “output” is no doubt more palatable than your usual “cookery output” but I’ll give it a pass.
Oh I see. Yes, that makes as much sense as anything else.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I thought the same. I didn't find the teaser particularly shocking (sorry Molly 😐). There is so much that could be highlighted about JM but, like has been said before, there is no stand alone *clanger*. It's a culmination of fibs and grifts. I still think the Hunger Hurts 1/2 blogs need to be unpicked. My biggest gripe is the performative poverty cosplay. I was so disgusted by the most recent begging letter I was sure it was going to bring her down. The lies in that alone are obvious and potentially easy to disprove. I've barely seen it mentioned. It seems to have been conveniently brushed under the carpet and forgotten. I'm really hoping Molly pulls something out of the bag. I get the impression that people are watching and waiting to see where it goes. There are some influential eyes on the AW account and even the FMs are being cautious. The silence is telling. Feels like the calm before the storm. I hope. 🙏
That account should have left it at one thread. A blog post from faceless twitter account that exists purely to talk about jack and retweet other somewhat unhinged accounts from icel types or failed slimming world cooks (with bought followers and near 0 engagement) isn't going to do squat all.

• Wow
Reactions: 7

Smacks of Loaf to me.

We are going from ruining Kit to ruining Fifa to abandoning ice cream to needing a heckin big room to fit all these consoles in.

Big green velvet sofas are not cheap. I know this because we are currently looking for a new one. Some of the companies we've approached have sent out fabric swatches that also come with a complimentary free gift of chocolate and such like. So poor.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I still don't quite understand why she is moving to a one bedroom flat with a nearly-teen child (even if he is only there once a week). Surely she could get a bigger flat in a different area and keep her green velvet sofa etc? And all the stuff she is making a big deal of getting rid of is just proving to her followers and critics that she has never really been poor in the first place I don't consider myself poor, but I've never been able to afford furniture from Cotswold & co etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 59

Smacks of Loaf to me.

This one, I think.

Screenshot_20220818-130055_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20220818-130415_Opera.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
OT or Taming Twins? Incredibly well organised and deft fuss free student recipes. Made me feel a bit sad for JM

OK, I'll ask...what's the stolen sledge story? X

She 'found' an expensive wooden sledge in a garden in West London and took it home with her.

Which means that some kid in West London had their sledge stolen by some scumbag (who at the tIme, carried a knife 'for protection') whilst it was in their front garden briefly. So they didn't get to go sledging again because it was being used as a Trophy/aspirational interior design piece by the knife wielding bleep who stole it from them.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 94
I still don't quite understand why she is moving to a one bedroom flat with a nearly-teen child (even if he is only there once a week). Surely she could get a bigger flat in a different area and keep her green velvet sofa etc? And all the stuff she is making a big deal of getting rid of is just proving to her followers and critics that she has never really been poor in the first place I don't consider myself poor, but I've never been able to afford furniture from Cotswold & co etc.
I don't think a landlord would rent a one bed flat to an adult and 12 year old child (not to mention dog and cat).

Reactions: 47
Why would you 'carry' the largest sideboard out and down the alley then back into the house? Firstly, you couldn't do it by yourself without damaging it. Secondly, there's ample space in your hallway to swing a sideboard anyway so no leaving the house is needed. Thirdly, who has the bloody time to be dragging that much tit around the house every couple of months??

View attachment 1508433
She has such late middle aged frumpy taste (no offense to the late middle aged, I’m talking a particular niche here).

The house itself (even without all her tat) just doesn’t seem remotely like a young person’s house. It reminds me of Bridget Jones’s parents’ house, particularly in this Christmas pic.

I don’t think Pam and Colin Jones could stomach the clutter so they’d have to clean a lot of that tit out and give it a good scrub, but they’d definitely be proud to invite Gerald, Una, the local Rotary and the neighbors round for the annual Boxing Day turkey curry buffet. And you could throw a ruddy lovely garden party for the Lifeboats in the back garden. Mini gherkin, anyone?

2D68BE13-D450-4CF9-8D9A-7DCB8A687270.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 36
One bed because it makes her sound soooooo poor.

DH grew up in a Victorian flat and then rented a Victorian flat and bought several pieces of massive furniture. He then met me and we bought a 1930s semi and none of that stuff fitted. Took years to get him to part with it.
It was a lesson learned fairly quickly though. So why has jack with her millions of moves chosen to buy massive bleeping furniture whilst still renting. Ridiculous.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.