Jack Monroe #365 I suggest you delete your Tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is very true and is exactly the sort of mindset Jack has which is the same of wealthy kids who’ve never had to worry about cash. We’d all dearly love to follow our passions. If I didn’t have rent to pay, I’d write to my heart’s content and volunteer a couple of days a week in an animal shelter. But I can’t put up a Patreon and expect others to fund me while I do that. Which is why I work, earn money, and fit the things I love in part time. Like every other adult who isn’t independently wealthy.
Perhaps I should give it a go...clearly there are many gullible people out there 🤔 oh hang on, foiled because I have a conscience....drat

Reactions: 19
WHAAAAAT! You’re a legit Frau 😂 Love it, such a fun song (also, as someone who butters both side of their bread, that video is a feast).

I’ve been a sucker for them since I was 15 (spent most of my adolescence hoping they didn’t awaken something in me 👀

Saw them in Cardiff in June. Knocked my socks off. ‘Zeit’ is a superb album; ‘Angst’ is on heavy rotation 🤘🏻

One of my favourite days going back to Mr D's home village before he decided he'd propose was meeting a bloke who was 86 whilst I was out in the smoking area who decided to tell me his life's story. After a tale of accidentally dropping a lit firework in his wellies, he started talking about music. His favourite band was Rammstein.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Her shoe collection is bleeping awful. It reminds me of when M&S try to do a take on a really stylish shoe and always end up making something really frumpy. Like, you can see what they’re trying to do but it just doesn’t work. That’s pretty much how I’d define Jack’s whole look.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I do not begrudge SB his console and games. Child deserves the world putting up with his bleep of a mother.

BUT.

Children living in actual poverty do not have PS4s, or the latest FIFA, or indeed a selection of games.

It brings it home how sick it is that she’s taking thousands of pounds in donations from a house stuffed with pets, tech, expensive white goods and furniture, and other assorted shite, while there are kids with literally nothing.
Ch4 news did something about little ones going without shoes & socks 😔💔

I know there’s mixed schools of thoughts on the Patreon cash and the middle class enablers etc but ultimately that cash could go to supporting many many families to buy essentials like warm clothes, beds, toothbrushes, food etc. Instead it’s allowing a middle class chronic underachiever obsessively shop at John Lewis and pay for a Groucho membership. Abhorrent.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 62
I thought asshat was very old hat? It's from the 90s. What next? Zoot suit? Rad? Cowabunga?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Mild annoyance in the grand scheme of things, but Stray is a brand new game that is either through PlayStation subscription service or about £30 one off payment… surely the tip jar tippers notice these things??

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
DC750F43-FB74-4C16-AD28-983552146878.jpeg

She is talking about her son when he was 10 or under here…what big conversations would they be having? “yes mamapapa is very, very famous little one and vicious trolls often make things up about them on the interweb. Now we’ve had this big conversation, back to the kickyball, you kick it jolly hard in the goalnet and I’ll make us a yummy fishfinger lasagne.”

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Thread suggestion

#366 ‘Alas, I am just a bit of a tit.’ Jack Monroe, August 2022

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.