Jack Monroe #365 I suggest you delete your Tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack's sock has entered the chat to defend Jack.

Screenshot 2022-08-17 at 10.56.10.png

Enjoying the reply to said Jack Monroe sock.

Screenshot 2022-08-17 at 10.56.57.png

Jack sock further reply
Screenshot 2022-08-17 at 11.06.05.png

Reply to Jack sock

Screenshot 2022-08-17 at 11.06.09.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 106
I agree with the posters who have commented about treating things with more respect/taking care of them when you've really had to save for them. I feel that way about my sofa 😂

But I guess when you're constantly being given money for nothing (and have no appreciation of that fact) then each purchase is equally inconsequential to you.

Really makes you think.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
The bag text lie is so bizarre-it couldn’t be Jack trying to cover her arse for other stupid things she’s tweeted (yes I know, where to start) legally could it? Anything is possible with Jack but unless it’s something similar it just makes no sense.

Reactions: 28
She's incredibly disrespectful towards her possessions for someone who didn't have much for a 'long time'. Almost as if she's never...... been poor?

It took me two years to save for a Kitchen Aid mixer, and ever since it arrived, it has been treated like a queen. The same goes for everything else I saved for. I treasure them; not because I am materialistic (quite the opposite!) but because I know the graft it took to buy them.
probably because she actually hates her possessions. if you’re impulsive/compulsive with spending, the regret of buying things is real. And depending on what exactly is going on behind the scenes, so is the guilt. This might sound like “woo” but feelings have a way of getting out, and it’s very revealing to have an urge to get rid of things you don’t feel you should have

• Heart
Reactions: 28
D076EC3B-3239-4CD5-BEB4-ACAB9E466113.jpeg

It could mean:
- your subconscious has put two and two together about Jack
- you’ve had a premonition: Tax evasion?Charity fraud?
Crimes to cooking?
- you recently watched the Stooshe music video in which Jack plays a bit part as a prisoner
- none of the above

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
Still grunking when I should be working.
This I found really interesting. Her mum reached out to her during lockdownwith pics of her baking. Jack completely ignored her
a

View attachment 1505540
then a couple of weeks later Jack posted these
View attachment 1505547View attachment 1505552
28th May 2020: I HAVE NO CHILDCARE
29th May 2020: my son is with his Dad - we split childcare (on live TV in response to Ruth and Eamonn Easter Island Holmes)
But literally can't lie.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98
View attachment 1505706
It could mean:
- your subconscious has put two and two together about Jack
- you’ve had premonition: Tax evasion?Charity fraud?
Crimes to cooking?
- you recently watched the Stooshe music video in which Jack plays a bit part as a prisoner
- none of the above
Keep your wet dreams to yaself Squig.

I had no idea Jack was in a Stooshe video! OMG. Stooshe were dreadful too. How does Jack feel about their song Hoochie Mama which to my recollection is just a four minute version of Michael portillo's shouda kept your legs shut love fantasy rant?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Has the potential Jack sock deleted? Can’t find those tweets under the Kathleen Stock discourse

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
That’s a Waitrose bag for life. I wonder how she was managing her £20 shop there…
I tend to put my foodbank donations in those types of bags because they're sturdy and easier to carry than the plastic bags for life (I am smol pixie with tiny hands), and also I've got loads of them because I used to be terrible at remembering to take a re-usable bag to the supermarket, so I'd buy one of those because "this time I'll definitely remember to bring a reusable bag because this cost me a fiver." LOL.

The foodbank, once I've persuaded them that no, I really truly don't want the bag back, honest, then repurposes them for customers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I know this is nothing to do with Jack, and I'm not a regular poster, but I just wanted to say something to you all.
I'm going through the most horrendous post break up trauma from being with my abusive ex (who is still abusive and manipulative and controlling yardyah) and it's had such a impact on my mentals. I left him last year but I was OK for the first few months until the reality of what I'd experienced and what he did next really hit. It's been bleeping horrendous. I've tried so many things to distract myself from the intrusive thoughts, anxiety and ruminations (all legal and not harmful) - obsessive cleaning, rewatching old programmes, avoiding music and books and films, being the best parent I can, work etc. But little has brought me as much joy (and genuinely made me laugh after months of crying and self doubt/guilt) as reading some of the hilarity from you all - even without reference to JM. I've laughed and smiled for the first time in months and it's helped me realise I am such a long way from being properly healed (I contacted a bunch of therapists for my speed dialo's, maybe not three though) and I'm scared and afraid but among all the tit I turn to you funny Fraus to bring a bit of lightness to my life when everything feels crappy. Thank you 😘

Also OT - does anyone know if you can change your Tattle username btw? Send helpo's

• Heart
Reactions: 137
This tweet contains a reference to the squigs views on gender. What I'd like people to do is completely ignore the first sentence and join me in hooting at the second one because it's a peach. If you really can't ignore it, feel free to clip it and take it to the gender discussion thread with my blessings.

Screenshot 2022-08-17 11.20.37.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Ah it’s OK, found it.
the “looking in the mirror“ thing is quite telling, IMO. for someone who knows they aren’t a specific other person, “looking in the mirror” isn’t a thing that would occur as a phrasing, because it implies a need to prove it to oneself. I’d be like “well, since I know I’m me and not Jack’s sock, your point is irrelevant and a bit weird”. It’s as if the path the person behind the account takes to defend itself involves an extra step of imagining looking in the mirror and seeing someone unexpected.
(oh yes, I can over analyse)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.