Jack Monroe #365 I suggest you delete your Tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's incredibly disrespectful towards her possessions for someone who didn't have much for a 'long time'. Almost as if she's never...... been poor?

It took me two years to save for a Kitchen Aid mixer, and ever since it arrived, it has been treated like a queen. The same goes for everything else I saved for. I treasure them; not because I am materialistic (quite the opposite!) but because I know the graft it took to buy them.

• Heart
Reactions: 101
Mr Dogs and I (and the actual dog) are on a UK road trip from Kent to Aberdeen and back. I feel like everywhere I go Jack is haunting me, we passed Southend, but too far inland to detect any lingering honk, stayed in a hotel near Redcar then drove past Edinburgh. This morning the hotel had granola on its breakfast buffet, I’m fearful that Mr Dog’s relatives who were are visiting today for lunch may be about to break out the rinsed hoops and tea shandy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I’ve seen the kitchen. It’s a shithole. Might be big, expensive and full of posh tat but still a shithole.
Posh tat is still tat.

Interesting her downsizing and clearing is just her stuff. My teenager has fucktons of stuff. I need to do a charity shop run and 90% of it is clothes that has has outgrown or decided are ‘disgusting’.
Agree, outgrown clothes are a constant avalanche in this house! And old toys etc. We have enough lego to start a shop.

I've moved countries twice, and four times since having kids in the country where we live now, so her giant performance about this is really grating my mushrooms.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
It’s like she’s the first person on earth to have ever moved house. You’d not think she’s moved *checks notes* 40 times before, would you 😏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
She's incredibly disrespectful towards her possessions for someone who didn't have much for a 'long time'. Almost as if she's never...... been poor?

It took me two years to save for a Kitchen Aid mixer, and ever since it arrived, it has been treated like a queen. The same goes for everything else I saved for. I treasure them; not because I am materialistic (quite the opposite!) but because I know the graft it took to buy them.
Major flashbacks to when my Harold got a bonus of a voucher in work and we decided to buy a Kenwood Chef. We discussed the purchase for months and months, trying every angle to see if we could use it for something we needed more or if we could swap the voucher for cash or another voucher. This was when we were counting every penny. We agreed it would be our Christmas and birthday presents to each other (all fall around the same time) and I still remember the excitement of putting it fully wrapped under the tree and using it on Christmas day to whip cream for dessert. Its been through several house moves and I treasure it and mind it like a baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 96
6 months is about the time it takes to buy a house from offer accepted to completion.

Have never bought a new build but imagine they would have a completion date however many months in the future, too?
Nah new builds a lot quicker because you don't have the 'chain' and they wanna get them sold as fast as poss. Having said that people sometimes buy before the build is completed in which case it takes longer. I absolutely believe she's buying and trying to spi it as 'downsizing' for the Pov Larp.

I honestly have never seen someone make such a meal out of moving house and present it as a martyr's act of great loss and tragedy? Granted I don't have much in the way of valuable stuff and I often think that as long as I have my phone, headphones and a good few books I'll be happy anywhere tbh. But I don't really know what it's like to attach sentimental value to stuff as all my furniture's from Ikea, or maybe I'm just not a 'stuff' person, I dunno. I just feel like she's making it out to be so much more of a drama than it needs to be?

Also - like JM I used to have to move around a lot from rented room to rented room and although I've been safe and happy in my own little flat for a while, when you're accustomed to moving you do get really good and fast packing, decision making, sorting out the essentials from the non-essentials etc. Like, it's muscle memory that never goes away. Does she not have ythat?

Either way, she's making SUCH an unbelieveable big deal of it and it's boooorrrriiinnnggg. I hope this isn't the main source of content for the next 6 months.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I'm totally unknowledgeable on this, but I always thought horders and compulsive spenders got very little from it? That the buzz of getting something new very quickly disappears.

Decluttering a junk filled house should be a positive thing. Asking for more books to get on decluttering doesn't sound like someone that commited to the task 😆

I'm sure Peter Andre and the chuc-a-chuc-ahh team could sort it in an hour.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I get such a buzz from decluttering. We've moved several times in our marriage and every time it's glorious to send stuff off to people who need things we don't use and sell a few bits to help with the cost of moving.
I shudder to think what's in all those snake baskets.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I am glad that she is hopefully and finally doing stuff for that kid. Hes been through alot. I dont believe he will hang around for long though if this indeed is her way of keeping him visiting.

My best friend started to pull away from their dad at about 13 and started to spend more time hanging out with me and her other mates, this gradually dwindled until her GCSE where she literally went about once every six weeks.

Also her sleeping in the lounge will make it awkward for him bringing home friends and eventually gfs. Imagine bringing home a girl to hang out in your room and finding your mum draped in bed across the living room with a bowl of bedpan stew.

She really doesn't need to make this much fuss moving, just sell that tatt you dont need and take what you do. If she is indeed buying this place then good for her. I hope it will cause her to shut up about RENTING and i really do hope she will hurry up and get a job.

Bascially i wish she would just crack on and stop the perfomative bollocks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Allegra’s kitchen produces a physical reaction in me, and not a good one. I know that posh, old money types not to have minimalist aesthetics in their homes, but this is something else. (And I’m not a minimalist either - but I do like clear surfaces.)

For fraus in the know about hoarding, does it come in all shapes and sizes or is it a spectrum? As in, is there a way to tell by looking whether someone is just clutter-blind or whether they actually have a hoarding problem?

• Heart
Reactions: 41
You know Jack too well! 🤣

So if Jack didn't send those messages accidentally (I find it hard to believe it wasn't deliberate), then that raises the question...wtf was the point of them?

Sometimes I think it's a bid for attention. Other times I wonder if she's manic or doing drugs. It wouldn't surprise me if she was trying to alarm people so they'll ask 'are you okay?' and she'll get all of that Twitter concern. Even if it's all performative, I'd argue that in itself is a sign something's wrong.

She's been acting like this for ages now, though. The erratic behaviour isn't new. I can't wrap my head around her social media presence tbh. She does such self-sabotaging things, has no filter, and lies about absolutely trivial stuff that no normal person would risk lying about. I cringe at the way she overshares the tiniest details of her life. The sexy provocative posts are sooo inappropriate for a work account (thirst Jack, worst Jack!). That's before we even get to the level of aggression she displays towards other people. She makes impulsive, ill-considered decisions, e.g. the dog, the short-lived Tinder profile, whatever else she's been doing lately. To use one example, the posts complaining about her landlady and the removal of the Eucalyptus tree. No matter Jack's personal feelings about it, she should have more sense than to post these criticisms all over her social media. It's like she's never heard the word consequences.

Pumblewang Beavergrift is going to be my stage name. 😝

Haha. My mum was telling me about St Pancreas station the other day. St Pancreas was not a typo.
There is one single explanation that would explain ALL of Jack's behaviour on SM, but I don't want to believe it, even though I dislike her. She says she's sober and so despite behaviour that would imho seem to contradict that, I want to believe it. Or at least, I'm unwilling to disbelieve it if that makes sense.

Not squiggling Kathleen Stock because she's got 91.5k followers. I think it's very interesting that Jack is being more than usually vocal on trans rights lately. Almost like she's trying stir up tit to give weight to her lie that only TERFs have an issue with her 🤔
View attachment 1505162
OH NO child you are not going there. Professor Stock is a philosopher. She knows quite a bit about logic. Her latest book, as well as being very compassionate and progressive, is above all, LOGICAL. Also, she claps back. Don't come for Prof Stock Jack.

Or maybe, do come for her so she can hand you back your Mediterranean arse on a plate served with rinsed hoops and miscellaneous herbs.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.