Jack Monroe #365 I suggest you delete your Tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is getting rid of a BBQ decluttering? Don’t they just stay outside on the patio? She could probably take it with her. Also she’s so sly saying “my freezer” like she now doesn’t have one.
It’s neither a moral virtue nor a personality quirk to feel better when you’re not sitting like a dragon on your hoard of 6000 cashmere jumpers badly dyed black and tiny tiny spoons and sixty freezers and a bbq and some diamonds somewhere in the heap.
I don't believe a word she writes. As you say... BBQ.

Reactions: 23
Moving on the run from what? Are they fugitives?
Wondering if the CCJs were why she didn't appear to return to live with her parents. They would have been registered to their address? Haven't articulated this well but I hope you know what I mean.

ETA Don't think Big Dave would have been happy to have that mark on his address.

Reactions: 26
Anyone else here think she’s on some sort of amphetamine or maybe in a manic phase? What with the sudden house/life clearance, yapping about going on social visits with her freezer, and Audrey Hepburn‘s beaver (or whatever it was), are we witnessing some kind of epic meltdown? Or…is it all purely performative?
Something is afoot. Don't think it's a phase though. It's been planned.

Reactions: 38
Those are not cropped trousers, too short, but not cropped, and your shins are not attached to your feet 🙄
What I don't get is why she can't wear some of her big bovver boots 🥾 if she is worried about that gap between trouser and shoe?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Those are not cropped trousers, too short, but not cropped, and your shins are not attached to your feet 🙄
They look like PJ bottoms. I bet she's done her usual weird thing of stealing SBs clothes because they don't fit properly.

Anyway, because I had the house to myself, I tried cooking pasta the way she suggested using up the end of a bag. Started with 1/2C penne and 1C water. Brought to boil, and put lid on. Left for 10 minutes. Wasn't expecting it to work, but I was shocked to find it actually did. I don't know how well it would work with other shapes, as this had a cooking time of 9 minutes on the bag, whereas the others I've got have longer times.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Personally I highly doubt her dad will have bought her a flat. Why should he? She has earned a fortune over the years and has pissed it up the wall. She’s obviously financially irresponsible, why would he reward that? (Not to mention the various other issues). He has four kids, and grandchildren, and TBH I think he’d be better reserving the inheritance for the grandkids - and possibly the kids who are genuinely hardworking and need a hand (e.g. the daughter who is training to be a nurse).
She’s 34, FFS, not a helpless child. She’s hurtling towards middle age. Her parents have probably had an absolute gutfull of her and her constant lies and drama.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
This little suggestion from Canned Food UK is just cruel. Can't go on holiday? Have some Monroe fishy slop instead. It's so gross I've put it behind spoilers;

Untitled.png

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Why does she always dress like a child who got into the dressing up box? She has zero style, it's all so inauthentic.
She doesn’t really have any style, does she? The laces are evidence of this. If the laces were too long, the first thing I’d have done was buy shorter ones.
I like the trousers and would 100% wear them. I’m a fan of this length of trouser and I’m a fan of taking things to a seamstress to have them altered to your style or shape. I buy full length trousers and often take them to have them shortened to this length as I think it looks nice with the style of shoes or boots I wear.
the waistcoat adds nothing, the shirt and blazer make it look like she’s trying to badly wear a suit and the whole thing just doesn’t work.
Unless she’s comfortable with colour/pattern clashing, she should have perhaps opted for plain black/navy merino wool crew neck, black flat/low heel ankle boots. Blazer or mac. The trousers would look much better that way, I think.
the trousers are ankle grazer length, also look to have a turn up which could be unpinned herself or taken to a seamstress if she really isn’t keen. That would give about an extra 3/4 of an inch.

ETA: pic
F8457A1E-D3AE-4343-BFFC-287BB1361373.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Urgh, I wake up and find Jack’s gone all Scarlet O’Hara “…tomorrow is another day.”, smol pixie bravely blinking back the tears as she gives away her meagre possessions to the grateful townsfolk and packs what’s left into a spotted handkerchief tied to a stick so she can move forward into an uncertain future while bravely whistling a jaunty tune to hide her pain. Or in non main character land a woman approaching middle age living alone and beyond her means in a big house full of unnecessary crap doing the sensible thing and downsizing.

I don’t think Big Dave would buy her a house outright, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s offered to stand guarantor and helped her with the deposit.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
To be fair my phone did recently pocket text my Mum with a message that just said ‘Ma.’ and a load of gifs of the rat from ratatouille.
Grunking on the train is never wise - just properly snorted reading this. Thank you tender one, you have made my morning.

Send tissueos

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
She doesn’t really have any style, does she? The laces are evidence of this. If the laces were too long, the first thing I’d have done was buy shorter ones.
I like the trousers and would 100% wear them. I’m a fan of this length of trouser and I’m a fan of taking things to a seamstress to have them altered to your style or shape. I buy full length trousers and often take them to have them shortened to this length as I think it looks nice with the style of shoes or boots I wear.
the waistcoat adds nothing, the shirt and blazer make it look like she’s trying to badly wear a suit and the whole thing just doesn’t work.
Unless she’s comfortable with colour/pattern clashing, she should have perhaps opted for plain black/navy merino wool crew neck, black flat/low heel ankle boots. Blazer or mac. The trousers would look much better that way, I think.
the trousers are ankle grazer length, also look to have a turn up which could be unpinned herself or taken to a seamstress if she really isn’t keen. That would give about an extra 3/4 of an inch.

ETA: picView attachment 1505298
To be fair I have absolutely no sense of style either.

Even when I make an effort, and in my head I am Indy-cool with a quirky twist, I always end up looking like a locum social worker.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.