Jack Monroe #359 Hoops I Did It Again

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is great tea, thanks so much @Jay-cloth Cow !

Fraus, can I ask, what is F&D?

I have a teeny tiny bit of tea too, nothing like the Harold stuff. But my cousin works in TV and has worked with Jack. He said that Jack was pure chaos, drama, showing up late, acting strange (they suspected some substance was involved) and they refuse to work with her anymore.
Oh my, what a day for tea. Does your cousin’s name begin with M and does he have big forearms?
Could you please divulge some of the chaos - I’m sure it will be pretty standard for Jack across the media

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Thanks for the excellent inside track @Jay-cloth Cow (I feel weird saying tea because I don’t understand why it’s tea!)

Jack may have had a chaos but she said it was the best weekend EVER

523A94AD-2865-4896-8DF2-33E4EB2F68C3.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
Fraus...sorry to derail but I have MAJOR gossip (though I can't share too much sadly, she said I could share some but gotta redact a bit due to potential 🔺️) Am in the office today and was just having my morning grunk, one of my colleagues came over and said 'oh are you on tattle? I don't have an account but stalk a few essex based threads like Lauren Goodger...who do you look at?' Told her Jack and also to join us in F&D...her response - oh my **** knows her ex's brother well! Asked which ex....it's only Harold! His name is not in fact Harold which I was highly disappointed about. They met during the eyeshadow thirst trap period but not in AA, although he is teetotal. He is apparently a lovely but very naive man in his personal life (and she confirmed he is very tall) and was totally taken in by her, he is indeed not on social media and had no idea who she was before meeting. He does not work in a shop like she claimed, he works in the city in a rather high powered job and comes from a £££ family. He ended things with her as she was pure drama (no surprise there) and became overly reliant on him - apparently he is a simple man who wants a peaceful personal life as his work is so stressful. She continues to bombard him with abuse to the point he is considering changing his phone number. She told me more but alas it is too 🔺️ so I can't share. But basically she was lovely at first but when revealed her true colours he scarpered.
Why are we not surprised 🙄
can you share where/how they met?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
LJC keeping up with this thread is a full time job. I may set up a patreon to fund myself doing so.

Also my conclusion from my morning grunk is that it was definitely snowing in Thorpe Bay last night.

• Haha
Reactions: 74
I’d sell a kidney to know what happened in Dordrecht.
Given what City jobs are like, he probably had to join a lengthy conference call at some point and she went into a jealous rage that she wasn’t his one and only sole focus for a whole hour.

• Wow
Reactions: 52
Given what City jobs are like, he probably had to join a lengthy conference call at some point and she went into a jealous rage that she wasn’t his one and only sole focus for a whole hour.
<affects Glenn Close face> "We're on VACATION Harold, put the phone DOWN. I will NOT be IGNORED."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Found this during my search on Tattle for the OH works in a shop tweet (I also searched Twitter for it).

What happened to this job Jack had?

Screenshot_20220810-101232_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61

I have a teeny tiny bit of tea too, nothing like the Harold stuff. But my cousin works in TV and has worked with Jack. He said that Jack was pure chaos, drama, showing up late, acting strange (they suspected some substance was involved) and they refuse to work with her anymore.
This is awesome tea (as is your username - Miss Britney is Queen) - can you say / do you know whether it was DKL they were referring to?

I just knew she must’ve burned her bridges with TV based on her behaviour

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I'm afraid I can't say what the chaos was...wish I could but gotta respect the boundaries my colleague put in place, I'm happy she let me share what she has really! Told her she should become a frau but it's too close to home for her - she might get an account to join us in F&D though!
Most of the chaos that I heard about from my friend (who's close to LJC) was pretty textbook stuff that you'd expect. It mostly seemed to be driven by jealousy (both personal and professional) and resulted in attention seeking manipulation.
There was one quite big professional event that LJC was going to with my pal, it was a work thing and no one was bringing spouses but JM had assumed that didn't mean her, so when when she was told she couldn't go she instantly started talking about relapse. LJC attended but left after a really short time because of all the stuff J was texting her.
This was the alarm bell that got my pal (and others) so worried.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 124

F&D is Food and Drink for general chit-chat https://tattle.life/tags/food-and-drink/ I don’t use as I would literally never finish my thesis or indeed get anything at all done in my job.

Lol this must be Cactus?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Very telling how a career in the City didn’t fit with Jacks poverty cosplay so she translated it into “works in a little shop”.

ah yes, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, HSBC…those well known “little shops”
I think she maybe thought she was being clever and using a secret little code or something? Trading houses in the city are called shops by some city types.

ETA: by tossers obv

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
“Oh Harold / And she came and she took without giving / But you sent her away”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Fraus...sorry to derail but I have MAJOR gossip (though I can't share too much sadly, she said I could share some but gotta redact a bit due to potential 🔺️) Am in the office today and was just having my morning grunk, one of my colleagues came over and said 'oh are you on tattle? I don't have an account but stalk a few essex based threads like Lauren Goodger...who do you look at?' Told her Jack and also to join us in F&D...her response - oh my **** knows her ex's brother well! Asked which ex....it's only Harold! His name is not in fact Harold which I was highly disappointed about. They met during the eyeshadow thirst trap period but not in AA, although he is teetotal. He is apparently a lovely but very naive man in his personal life (and she confirmed he is very tall) and was totally taken in by her, he is indeed not on social media and had no idea who she was before meeting. He does not work in a shop like she claimed, he works in the city in a rather high powered job and comes from a £££ family. He ended things with her as she was pure drama (no surprise there) and became overly reliant on him - apparently he is a simple man who wants a peaceful personal life as his work is so stressful. She continues to bombard him with abuse to the point he is considering changing his phone number. She told me more but alas it is too 🔺️ so I can't share. But basically she was lovely at first but when revealed her true colours he scarpered.
I nearly always take any gossip with a pinch of salt (seasoning, very important, lifts the flavours, etc) but this sounds almost exactly how I imagined in unfolding. How very sad. I would be suggesting acquaintances check out JM's socials and taking action as necessary. *cough* restraining order *cough*.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Agree. My mum's a brilliant cook but does most of her shopping at Iceland now because it's the nearest place and the shop is a manageable size to get around, her pension isn't going as far as it did, the fresh fruit and veg lasts better than she thought it would, and they deliver.
Sorry but I'm grunking. @Hollaaa Iceland are giving away £30 vouchers to pensioners in certain areas. It's on the Money Saving Expert website with a phone number x

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.