Jack Monroe #359 Hoops I Did It Again

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm afraid I can't say what the chaos was...wish I could but gotta respect the boundaries my colleague put in place, I'm happy she let me share what she has really! Told her she should become a frau but it's too close to home for her - she might get an account to join us in F&D though!
Can I imagine the chaos?

She found an Hermes bag in a puddle in an Hermes shop and city boy Harry wouldn’t buy it for her.

(now we know Harold worked in the city, he has to be Harry like the “god” from MIC)

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I imagine little Jack was pretty, clever, told she was good at singing and ballet, maybe treated with kid gloves because she was premature. Then her folks started fostering and lo - she compared herself so very favourably to the poor feral children in her home. She'd probably have grown up to be somewhat insufferable no matter what. Some people are just like that 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 48
OK, as a long-term OH denier I will now concede that Harold exists, but it sounds as though he was also blissfully unaware that Jack had a new serious relationship. I am genuinely relieved that Jack is not disrupting OH's sober journey.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
I'm afraid I can't say what the chaos was...wish I could but gotta respect the boundaries my colleague put in place, I'm happy she let me share what she has really! Told her she should become a frau but it's too close to home for her - she might get an account to join us in F&D though!
Protect your source, @Jay-cloth Cow !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Martin mate on GMB right now talking about the financial emergency and he hasn't mentioned Jack yet, did she brief him behind the scenes? :unsure:
Is he another hole that takes ideas that are not his own?

Also i think being ordinary scares her hence the over the top over egged quirky behaviour, trouble is so many people are and are so much more natural and being quirky she just looks like a try hard.

Reactions: 21
Wow, what a great start to the day @Jay-cloth Cow - thank you for the piping hot tea!

Pleased for Harold he saw the light, but as has been said it's another failed relationship that SB has had to see. It's horrible, saw it as a child with my father although we became used to it, made it a joke about which woman he'd appear with. Not what the lad needs, he's at a tough age and as the only child (to Jack) he has no-one to s support him like I did.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 69
Also, it sounded like spaniel friend knows Harold, from that tweet she wrote about how he deserves some happiness. Spaniel friend has gone very quiet recently, I thought it was perhaps to do with Content but if she knows Harold she may well be aware that he's being harassed by Jack and that's why she's distancing herself (finally).

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
City boy fits - those earrings were the real “Tiffany blue box” deal!
Poor Harry, at least he got out.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
I suspect the chaos was Jack stating they would be buying a forever home together and she had a place lined up, of course it would have been rather expensive, no one-bedroom flat. Poor old Harold thought eeeek I’m outta here, chaos ensued.

Reactions: 42
Just asked! (She's getting sick of me now 🤣 Venice yes, and Dordrecht - a chaos there which I'm not allowed to say what happened was the straw that broke the camels back) not sure about the others!

ETA he paid for both trips so they weren't funded by patreon!
Be interesting to go back to her tweets in the days after Dordrecht, see how her tone was...

I noticed also in the post-it notes there's a butter bean, veg and STUFFING stew. Thoughts @MancBee? 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
The Chaos at Dordrecht: sounds like a good Nancy Drew book title. Was the chaos
1. involving booze
2. Involving Tattle
3. She proposed to him with a ring made from an empty can she found on the floor?
4. Begging for baby
All of the above?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
This is great tea, thanks so much @Jay-cloth Cow !

Fraus, can I ask, what is F&D?

I have a teeny tiny bit of tea too, nothing like the Harold stuff. But my cousin works in TV and has worked with Jack. He said that Jack was pure chaos, drama, showing up late, acting strange (they suspected some substance was involved) and they refuse to work with her anymore.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 164
I always thought goldendoodles were a variation on cockapoos, but I saw an adult one in real life recently and it was huge! It was adorable but almost knocked me over and I’m no small arthritic pixie.
Golden retrievers are pretty big, and poodles come in either three or four sizes, depending on the breed standard you follow. The smol pixie size is 24–28 cm (9.4–11.0 in) and 6.5–7.5 kg (14–17 lb), and the standard is 45–62 cm (18–24 in) and 20–32 kg (44–71 lb), so a goldendoodle which is a cross between a retriever and a standard poodle could be huge.

Cockerpoos will mostly be much smaller as one of the parents (the cocker spaniel side of the mix) will be between 15.5 and 16 inches (39 and 41 cm) and 13–14.5 kilograms (29–32 lb).

• Wow
Reactions: 18
The Chaos at Dordrecht: sounds like a good Nancy Drew book title. Was the chaos
1. involving booze
2. Involving Tattle
3. She proposed to him with a ring made from an empty can she found on the floor?
4. Begging for baby
Liz Jones style attempted spermjacking?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
I would also give up a non essential organ to know what happened on that trip. Also DID she keep trying to get knocked up?! Lucky escape NotHarold!!! Good on ya!
Lol maybe she lay in bed in a tent shape after every session like Sophie did in Peep Show when she was trying to steal Marks sperm 🤣

If she spent more time reading the literature and working on her recovery than she does on Twitter, she would be familiar with the concept of grandiosity as part of alcoholism/ addiction and would be working on it rather than barking it out for all the world to see. An alcoholic can be described as "an egomaniac with an inferiority complex."
mmm I hear ya but Jack goes way beyond any of the grandiosity I’ve ever seen in myself or others while in active addiction, the grandiosity you’re talking about tends to get punctured fairly easily, Jacks superiority complex seems pretty damn rock solid.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
No wonder she was desperate for him to father her baby, gotta lock 'em into that sweet sweet child support. What a lucky escape for Old Harold.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Can someone find the tweet where Jack said OH worked in a shop, please. I have searched thread 284 but I can't find it. I can only see reference to it. and it's bugging the tit out of me. Thanks x

• Heart
Reactions: 43
For his sake, I hope SBs time with his mother decreases. I feel fairly sure it will as he becomes a teenager.
Tbf to the kid i think he does love his mum and i dont think she is a bad mum( i mean you see bad mums in thecnewsceveryday) i think she is lazy at most and a bit selfish, but i think he does actually enjoy spending time with his mum.

I do think as time goes on as he will want to do more with his mates and live his own life but i dont think he will stop contact. Just hold her at arms length.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.