Jack Monroe #359 Hoops I Did It Again

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dear hearts, what a joy, privilege and honour. I’ve a number of moments in life to be proud of in this rough & pumble life. Ordination in the Church. An actual doctorate for a thing I wrote. Marriage and children. But a thread title here is one to add to the list, and I’ve asked my wife for a small drinks reception later today. I don’t drink alcohol but have put some cold berry tea & lemonade in the fridge ready for what I’m promised will be a delightfully refreshing treat this evening.

I’m obviously not paid for my contributions to Tattle (and that’s FINE, why would I be?), but if you’re feeling generous do send any and all casho’s either to paypal.thegriftingvicar or alternatively donate to any local, organic, grifters who may need your help.

Seriously though; be kind to people, look out for each other, keep pointing out how Jack’s a scammer and not actually helping people, and always, no matter what kind of rush you’re in, rinse your hoops. Toot toot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 222
Jack was full of bad takes and bad advice.
First she doubled down on hoop-rinsing and then on fuel non-payment advice. If you don't agree with her, you're a Tory! And she had sixth-form politics kinds of things to say about them, too.

She called a halt to the flying monkeys when they went after someone she finds useful. She continued to be insufferable. She's not a millionaire, we know this because it says so in her Twitter bio now, and as we all know, Jack can't lie.

At the very end of the thread she made some new promises she'll never keep by planning to post a special section of Jamie's 15 Minute Meals on her non-functioning website. But still managed to make a bit of money by sharing Amazon aff links to her books.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Recap: Jack remade her rinsed hoop recipe much to everybody's delight and is now saying any dissent is tory elitism, Content is deployed and has been eating brambles off of the floor, the daily fail ripped off a mumsnet thread mocking Jack but didn't bother to mention her in it by name, Jack has since started giving questionable advice in regards to fuel poverty and the tories and is camped out throughly at the Peak of Mount Stupid

Dunning–Kruger_Effect_01.svg.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
It's only just gone three and I'm already so annoyed with her that I'm a) going to put Twitter down and b) maybe invent a reason to be shrewish to OH.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Looking at the way this is all unraveling, is she actually OK? I’m not even saying that with snark, but genuinely - if I were a friend or relative of hers I’d be concerned.

She’s been caught in so many of these lies, some of them being painfully obvious and easy to debunk, and it’s as if she truly believes them?

Obviously none of us can diagnose her with anything (she does enough of that herself!) but it’s more than a bit worrying. 😕

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
She comes across as a slightly manic compulsive liar. She lies when there's no benefit to her. She lies about things that really don't matter. She can't keep track of the lies or like a child or teen thinks deleting them makes them go away.

Reactions: 64
I dont know say you set up your standing order for xx amount ( you calculate) but then the price increases or for some reason you use slightly more. By leaving a light on or your kid forgetting to switch of their phone charger etc. Wont thst incur a debt? Its seems risky you would constantly (under the conditions)have to change the standing order.

Reactions: 21
Ex banking and then charity worker Frau here. When I worked for the charity we had membership fees paid by standing order. I used to get members to complete the mandate and then send it off to the bank after I had checked it. I tried to avoid people setting them up with the bank themselves as many people do not understand the difference between a DD and an SO and on the odd occasion people insisted on doing themselves it inevitably went wrong - normally because they either didn't quote a reference number or quoted the wrong one. The thought of thousands of squigs merrily setting up standing orders for their energy supply makes me a bit :oops:

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
I dont know say you set up your standing order for xx amount ( you calculate) but then the price increases or for some reason you use slightly more. By leaving a light on or your kid forgetting to switch of their phone charger etc. Wont thst incur a debt? Its seems risky you would constantly (under the conditions)have to change the standing order.
Also calculating it now in the heat of summer is not the best idea either?

Why is she so angry all the times? She’s got the life of her dreams apparently and doing all this great work so why the constant rage

• Heart
Reactions: 51
She comes across as a slightly manic compulsive liar. She lies when there's no benefit to her. She lies about things that really don't matter. She can't keep track of the lies or like a child or teen thinks deleting them makes them go away.
It's like she thinks the stuff she put on Twitter has no real world impact. So she can claim to be secretly influencing the government, setting up charities and God knows what else without consequence. I don't know if that fits with any kind of mental disorder but it's really odd, she's like a child playing make believe or something.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Ex banking and then charity worker Frau here. When I worked for the charity we had membership fees paid by standing order. I used to get members to complete the mandate and then send it off to the bank after I had checked it. I tried to avoid people setting them up with the bank themselves as many people do not understand the difference between a DD and an SO and on the odd occasion people insisted on doing themselves it inevitably went wrong - normally because they either didn't quote a reference number or quoted the wrong one. The thought of thousands of squigs merrily setting up standing orders for their energy supply makes me a bit :oops:
Same babe. I was once helping someone over the phone to set up a standing order to pay a regular sum into their savings account. After explaining 456 times that yes they made the order payable to themselves, it arrived in the office made out to me but with their account details. How we laughed.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
Just listening to this posted from previous threads:

https://www.greenbelt.org.uk/talks/i-was-hungry-and-thirsty-were-you-there/

The bit where she started singing had real David Brent vibes. Remember the episode when Dawn was crying and David said, "Pass me my guitar!"

Of course, I remember when Jack described herself as middle-class and well-educated (here) yet now describes herself as working class and having 'failed' grammar school having left without the 5 A*-C. At around 11:45 she describes herself as 'not very well educated' because she used to smoke with the boys!

Which is it?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Someone a good few threads back, enlightened us with JMs chicken soup for paupers 😂😂. Looked like my washing up bowl after a roast chicken dinner. FFS. Chicken economy. Day 1. Buy chicken, roast dinner for 2. Day 2. Take leftover meat from the carcass and make a curry. Day 3. (Only if you enjoy home cooking) use carcass to make home made chicken soup, remove carcass before serving 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Also there’s the direct debit guarantee, which means you’re covered for all sorts of stuff, like fraud, incorrect payment dates and incorrect amounts (it’s mutually beneficial for the company taking the payment by DD but you lose some protections by paying by standing order).

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Same but as an ex credit controller / debt collector. These companies don't need any extra excuses for messing up payments on your accounts (even if it's your own daft fault).

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.