Jack Monroe #359 Hoops I Did It Again

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jackolytes? Jackophants?

I was reading about a truly terrifying cult in Mexico recently where a woman pretended to be an Incan Goddess in a village of largely illiterate and isolated locals. They worshipped her and did some truly terrible things for her. It's very horrible so I won't say but this was in the 60s I think. There was another awful example in Germany in the 70s. Its actually horrifying that so many people can be so easily indoctrinated and manipulated by one person. And the parallels between those people in the not too distant past and current day squigs are very disturbing. Its like nothing has really changed.
OK but I love reading about weird stuff (I mean I’m here aren’t I?) so where can I find this book about this horrifying woman who pretended to be an Incan goddess please? 😊

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
She probably just used to try and hang out with her brother and his mates. Embarassing younger sister getting in the way.
I have some sympathy about her hanging out with the boys or not fitting quite in. I don't think it's unusual for lesbian girls to feel that way at that age. If the church she grew up in is the type of church I think it is, it may have added to her internal conflict.

I think it's all lies that she grew up in abject poverty, but I don't think she had an easy childhood and adolescence due to her sexuality and her family fostering. While that is of course laudable, it must have a big impact on children.

If she truly engaged in therapy, got herself a normal job and stopped grifting and living her life online, she could lead a happy life and stop harming others. I'm an eternal optimist. It might still happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
If Jack is eating her slop as advertised (I suspect not, but humour me) it could explain the decreased cognitive function as her brain is literally starved of calories.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Farmfoods are not aiming at food bank users. That’s not their target market. They are aimed at elderly or disabled people who can’t cook very well for themselves. My ancient in laws who live hundreds of miles away get them now they’re too old to do much cooking and they’re a total lifesaver.
Agree. My mum's a brilliant cook but does most of her shopping at Iceland now because it's the nearest place and the shop is a manageable size to get around, her pension isn't going as far as it did, the fresh fruit and veg lasts better than she thought it would, and they deliver.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Yeah all that Patreon lolly for nothing. It's the worst case of class injustice I've ever heard.
Quite. It’s a tragedy of Shakespearean proportions. For never was a story of more woe than this of Jack and her lightbulbs-eo.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
So amidst all this rinsed hoop chaos, appalling energy advice and general Patreon avarice, has this horrific emotional vampire realised that August is half over, and apart from a couple of infantilising mentions of her son over the past 10 days, she has made no effort to spend time with him, or take him on the promised #makingmemories tour of the country.

I hope he’s having a great summer with his dad, poor kid.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 71
Just blasting over from the past to rage at the fact she's making the food bank client (if he/she exists) use DRIED CHEESE in the abominable hoop recipe!
View attachment 1486723

P.S. Jack, this is not food snobbery, this is first hand knowledge of how foul soggy dried cheese is. Go play with Content.
[/QUOTE]
It's the snippy, 'you've got 10 minutes' isn't it? More useful might be to ring the foodbank and suggest they have a swap back system where folk who always end up with something they can't use bring it back for someone who can. Or am I being naive? I mean life's tough enough without pimping your hoops. X

• Heart
Reactions: 35
When energy prices rise and other chefs put out better recipes and ideas for low energy cooking, will Jack howl that she thought of it first? Will TV shows again have her on to trot out tired old recipes and unthinkable new ones, or will they have learned from last time and feature others?

If there is an attempt to have her followers purchase Jack Monroe's Thrifty Kitchen for people in fuel poverty, food bank users, anyone at all - that will be my aneurysm.

life's tough enough without pimping your hoops. X
I know we have moved on but thread title suggestion anyway

Reactions: 27
Why hasnt she been on lorraine recently? dont tell me she now to rough and ready for itv.

Actually apart fron the Nolan show( snort) she not been wheeled out much recently despite this supposedly being her busiest time. I mean therotically if she was good at this she would be front and centre.

Reactions: 23
Thrifty Kitchen is just going to be bonkers, right?

Some of the Tin Can't Cook recipes were bizare, but I feel it's only going to get worse.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
ANY low cost cook of even basic intellectual ability would be recommending frozen veggies etc.
Frozen veg are brilliant for portion control, especially if you're in a single person household. I've got covid (eurgh) and between them, frozen veg and my pressure cooker are ensuring I get to eat something reasonably nutritious with minimal effort.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I have some sympathy about her hanging out with the boys or not fitting quite in. I don't think it's unusual for lesbian girls to feel that way at that age. If the church she grew up in is the type of church I think it is, it may have added to her internal conflict.

I think it's all lies that she grew up in abject poverty, but I don't think she had an easy childhood and adolescence due to her sexuality and her family fostering. While that is of course laudable, it must have a big impact on children.

If she truly engaged in therapy, got herself a normal job and stopped grifting and living her life online, she could lead a happy life and stop harming others. I'm an eternal optimist. It might still happen.
I agree with you re potential internal conflict growing up BUT, she has such a profound superiority complex, that kind of thing surely has to start in childhood. I actually think she got smoke blown up her arse a lot as a child: she was very pretty, did ballet etc etc. of course that could have turned into serious mental health struggles as a teen, and there’s evidence for that, she herself talks about being a perfect high achieving child and turning into a hollow husk of a teen and her grades (compared with what was doubtless expected) would seem to back that up. But then we get this profound superiority complex and main character syndrome. Where does that come from? And all the lying? Is it all ❄ or something else?

I dunno it’s all to complicated for me and such speculation on my part is kinda baseless anyway. For me, it’s about the damage she is doing now. And the lolz, of course

• Heart
Reactions: 38
If Jack is eating her slop as advertised (I suspect not, but humour me) it could explain the decreased cognitive function as her brain is literally starved of calories.
Oh don’t. You’ll give her an excuse for next time she does something stupid. “Yeah I told people to set fire to their homes to keep warm. But cos of the poverty I have decreased cognitive function so it’s not my fault.“

Thrifty Kitchen is just going to be bonkers, right?

Some of the Tin Can't Cook recipes were bizare, but I feel it's only going to get worse.
I think during the final final final edits there was a picture of her wall of chaos with the recipe names. Someone should post it because they sounded insane.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I think Jack as a child perhaps was quite clever, but she took that to heart. I was quite clever as a child, especially up to the age I started senior school. I was very good at remembering things and loved reading so that helped. However things ramped up in senior school so I wasn't as clever as I had been, and there were more children so I was no longer the cleverest.

I retained my memory and my love of reading and facts, but I have enough self awareness to know I am a fad prone, spectacularly average adult. Jack is still dining out on head pats from year 4.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
Martin mate on GMB right now talking about the financial emergency and he hasn't mentioned Jack yet, did she brief him behind the scenes? :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Fraus...sorry to derail but I have MAJOR gossip (though I can't share too much sadly, she said I could share some but gotta redact a bit due to potential 🔺️) Am in the office today and was just having my morning grunk, one of my colleagues came over and said 'oh are you on tattle? I don't have an account but stalk a few essex based threads like Lauren Goodger...who do you look at?' Told her Jack and also to join us in F&D...her response - oh my **** knows her ex's brother well! Asked which ex....it's only Harold! His name is not in fact Harold which I was highly disappointed about. They met during the eyeshadow thirst trap period but not in AA, although he is teetotal. He is apparently a lovely but very naive man in his personal life (and she confirmed he is very tall) and was totally taken in by her, he is indeed not on social media and had no idea who she was before meeting. He does not work in a shop like she claimed, he works in the city in a rather high powered job and comes from a £££ family. He ended things with her as she was pure drama (no surprise there) and became overly reliant on him - apparently he is a simple man who wants a peaceful personal life as his work is so stressful. She continues to bombard him with abuse to the point he is considering changing his phone number. She told me more but alas it is too 🔺️ so I can't share. But basically she was lovely at first but when revealed her true colours he scarpered.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 318
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.