Jack Monroe #359 Hoops I Did It Again

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a look at whether forcing entry to install a prepayment meter might have happened.
They do have power of entry if a warrant is issued by a magistrate. Which I imagine would only happen if all other attempts to do it with the consent of the occupier had failed.
View attachment 1486592
Yes that is what happened to us. My husband (who unbeknownst to us both was in the midst of a nervous breakdown) buried his head in the sand and hid and ignored bills and official letters.
I haven't been closely following Jack's 'advice' as it is too close to home, but you have to be so sure of your facts when it comes to these big companies. She just doesn't seen best placed to be giving financial advice at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
God, Fantasy Cabinet Twitter gives me the absolute rage.
I know. Grim. Always suggesting celebrities. People are such gormless sheep. Why not go for broke and have Joey Essex, Bez from the Happy Mondays and the meerkats off comparethemarket. com. Makes about as much bloody sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 91
Jack, I got a Farmfoods leaflet through the door and I don't like it. Can you help?

View attachment 1486522
Blimey I was only discussing FF with a friend the other day and saying how much we miss having one locally...what's her views on food warehouse? ANY low cost cook of even basic intellectual ability would be recommending frozen veggies etc. She's a poverty bleep, pimping around pretending to be poor whilst secretly looking down her nose. She's disgusting in her hypocrisy 😒

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Jack.

You aren't working class.
You have never been working class.
You will probably never be working class.
Nobody is shafting you.
You are the one doing the shafting.
I come from a working class family.
My Dad did what he called the 'walk of shame' every Monday when he was a kid.
Do you know what he did?
He walked to the money man at the end of the road with my Grandfather's Sunday suit. Got some money for it so that my Grandmother was able to put food on the table.
Do you know what he did on Friday evening?
Went back to the money man with my Grandfather's pay packet and retrieved the suit. The local kids mocked him.
He was 7 bleeping years old.
That is working class.
It also lived with him his entire life, to the point where he made sure that it would never happen again.
Despite leaving school at 15 to work for the bread man and then finding himself fighting in WW II as a teenager, he was able to eventually go to college.
While he was in college he had two jobs and supported my Grandparents, who by then were unable to support themselves.
My Mother's mother was a maid who cleaned the big houses. My Mother's father was a miner.
She was working class.
She also was able to go to college because she got good grades. The first person in her family to actually finish school. And she had not a penny.
When they moved in together they had a tea chest to sit on. That was it. I still have that tea chest.

You are not working class. Stop appropriating that term to suit your agenda.

I repeat. You are not working class.

Get a bleeping job.

Edited to add: Sorry, right now I am furious. I am furious for all the people that know what it's like to be working class. I'm furious for both my dead parents who worked so bloody hard their entire lives. I am furious.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 144
I know. Grim. Always suggesting celebrities. People are such gormless sheep. Why not go for broke and have Joey Essex, Bez from the Happy Mondays and the meerkats off comparethemarket. com. Makes about as much bloody sense.
I've said this before but I always want to do one that has all the obvious PM: Hugh Grant type of suggestions and then put some horror like Nigel Farage or Trump in there just to see if any of them notice.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Food blogging can be very dark, especially when people don't want to question the evidence in front of them like in the Belle Gibson case.
Belle Gibson - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org

Sorry right behind here but this post by @FreezePeach was fascinating, and I think shares a few similarities to Jack.
There's a book about her and all her disgusting lies, it's called "The Woman Who Fooled the World" and I thought it was really good.

Back to Jack, she's SO THICK and doesn't understand ANYTHING about economics. I'm not in/from the UK so I don't follow everything regarding the energy companies and yet I understand how it works ten times better than she does.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Food blogging can be very dark, especially when people don't want to question the evidence in front of them like in the Belle Gibson case.
Belle Gibson - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org

Sorry right behind here but this post by @FreezePeach was fascinating, and I think shares a few similarities to Jack.
ARRRRRGH! Just started reading that Belle Gibson thing. I vaguely knew she'd pretended to have cancer but I didn't realise she was also a cancer quack. A few years ago a close relative was undergoing tests for cancer, it was a really scary time and from their sudden dramatic weight loss they actually started to look like they had an advanced cancer of some sort. Fortunately everything was fine and it turned out to be something far l,ess serious and non life threatening but I was doing a lot of googling (my mistake) and for a while it seemed I couldn't move for people hawking CBD oil and other "cures". It honestly makes me murderous- targeting people at a dark and desperate time of their life and giving them false hope is plain evil.

So far she does seem like a more evil version of Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
FFS Jack, log off for a week, please 😭

I'm going to have to make a new account and call myself "ThreeThreadsBehind Trumpet"

Just blasting over from the past to rage at the fact she's making the food bank client (if he/she exists) use DRIED CHEESE in the abominable hoop recipe!
rage-mad.gif

P.S. Jack, this is not food snobbery, this is first hand knowledge of how foul soggy dried cheese is. Go play with Content.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Blimey I was only discussing FF with a friend the other day and saying how much we miss having one locally...what's her views on food warehouse? ANY low cost cook of even basic intellectual ability would be recommending frozen veggies etc. She's a poverty bleep, pimping around pretending to be poor whilst secretly looking down her nose. She's disgusting in her hypocrisy 😒
Poors can only use tins in Jack's world. Or, a mouldy cucumber, dried up lemon half, and some slimey salad you find in the back of the fridge.

Reactions: 16
Wow. I didn’t realise she *actually* thought they plucked a figure out of thin air 😅 how embarrassing for her.

Squig is correct but also what needs to be kept in mind is the energy retailers (what Jack is talking about here is the people you pay your bills to so Energy retailers, not energy producers) are currently having to pass on what they are charged by BP and Shell, the actual energy producers. Energy retailers are going bust left right and centre, admittedly with some companies such as British Gas doing well because of this picking up the extra customers, and don’t hold the price setting power she thinks they do.

The fact she’s so vocal and yet so clueless doesn’t surprise me though tbh. Classic Jack.
Vocal but clueless sums her up perfectly

Reactions: 13
This is the farmfoods leaflet I got this week. Oh no, affordable fruit, bread, coffee and (unrinsed beans). How will the poors figure out what to do with bananas?

PXL_20220810_033746094.MP.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Wow those pink lady apples are cheap! And the bread.

No offers on burgers or tracksuits though.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I FEEL SEEN.

I moved up here about 8 years ago and ‘aye’ and ‘wee’ slipped into my vernacular very quickly. And I use ‘outwith’ a lot.
Outwith is such a useful word.i was shocked when I found out the English don't use it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

I'm going to have to make a new account and call myself "ThreeThreadsBehind Trumpet"

Just blasting over from the past to rage at the fact she's making the food bank client (if he/she exists) use DRIED CHEESE in the abominable hoop recipe!
View attachment 1486723

P.S. Jack, this is not food snobbery, this is first hand knowledge of how foul soggy dried cheese is. Go play with Content.
How come the squig only gets ten minutes to come up with an alternative recipe? It’s taken Jack two years to write her next dumpster of a cookbook.
I heard that there are bags of tit all around her mind palace.
Iqbal, hun, if you’ve got a Twitter account, now’s your time to shine!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

View attachment 1486723

I think it's worth mentioning that others here have pointed out that this brief is another lie: Jack first said she made up this recipe for herself as uncomfort food or depressicipe or similar. The "brief" is just a made up thaaang she's using now

Reactions: 37
This buying of luxury goods so she has something to sell when times get hard, has me reet confused. Why not just put the actual money in a decent savings account where it gets interest?? I do not know if designer goods increase in value or not, because it’s not my area, but surely a used ‘Katy Hopkins sofa’ would decrease in value and then she’s lost money.
Odd!
I can attempt to answer this one. I love fashion, like a charity shop and also do a bit of selling on eBay for fun. Anything Hermes and Chanel will generally retain or appreciate its value. A fancy watch from the likes of Cartier will usually appreciate in value. Most other things, not so much. As an example, I got a whopping great tax rebate a couple of years ago. I used a bit of it to buy a job lot of designer bags at auction, which worked out at around £89 per bag. Each of them had original RRP of around £1,800. I sold all but one on eBay for around £300 each, and put the money in a savings account. BUT - I was happy enough for them to sit waiting to be sold for months. There was no guarantee that they would sell at all, and absolutely not on any kind of convenient timescale. So I definitely made a little profit, which was lovely, but that was only because I got them cheaply at auction in the first place. The state of, for example her Mulberry Alexa bag, would reduce the potential sales price second hand to most likely under £100.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Genuine question, do other blue tick Twitterati twits whinge whine and moan about trolls quite as often as she does? I don’t follow many ppl so 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 19
And this is why that poorly worded advice was so dangerous...this Squig is going to be using more than £83 worth as the price rises and into the winter.

Screenshot_20220810-060303.png

Has anyone for the screenshot of where she originally got this advice from?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
Such a lush idea Dino S. Probably a youngster is doing it already on the tick tock.

100% praying that some wag on you tube in America or somewhere quite removed from Southend does a “rinsed hoop cook” challenge to make and eat all of her recipes then makes their mate eat it on camera for lols
A Scottish lad called Fraser does! He’s good! I see him pop up on Insta reels to! He did 4 chicken meals for £10 on the last one I saw! I’ll see if I can find and post him!

what? Is it snowing?
It’s “Be Kind” Jack next! She’ll have the bad mentals by the wknd!

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.