Jack Monroe #359 Hoops I Did It Again

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't know where this is going to land but .... a couple of days ago I saw a really disturbing report on C4 news about this man who'd been arrested for something minor and while under arrest suffered about 5 seizures which don't seem to have been taken seriously, and he died. Jack's disgusting because she appropriates the struggles of others. She also appropriates the personalities of her exes. Gorgonzola semi freddo for Allegra, dead bodies, constantly, for Louisa. Deliciously ordinary pig skin hats for Old Harold, I guess. She's flailing. It's the end of an era.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
my reaction to jack's behaviour the last couple of days and the thread's reaction

i felt it needed the extended version

(it's still only 30s, for those of us who can't stand a video >1min)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I could totally see Sovereign Citizen Jack. There's a few where I live, and she does give off that vibe. The older she gets, the more down the rabbit hole she'll fall, because no one has stepped in and told her to stop it with her tit.
She'll start wanging on about Magna Carta in a minute and then I'll actually have my aneurysm.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I've been thinking. Will some of Jack's early books be out of date in terms of cheap ingredients? Covid, Brexit, the war in Ukraine, crop failures and changing tastes have impacted what is available these days compared to 10 years ago. If that is the case re her books, why are they still being reccomended?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Only paying scant attention to her Twitter - but how many food creators has she promoted and raised up today?
She LOVES doing it.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Jack, I got a Farmfoods leaflet through the door and I don't like it. Can you help?

Screenshot 2022-08-10 00.01.00.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
Hope it isn’t bad form to blow smoke up the canal’s collective arse, but thank you all for keeping this horrible fraud and her antics in perspective for me. Thank you for all the factual rebuttals to that incessant volley of garbage Jackahoop can’t stop spouting about everything (yikes, I’d forgotten how relentless she is). And your shared anger and disgust, and the beautiful pictorial examples of her culina- oh no, hang on, they set off my acid reflux like nobody’s business.

Most of all your superb sarcasm, and examples of same on Twitter - an Ascot of chapeaux all round! You’re keeping me just detached enough.

And thank you @FlashBoof for the lovely compliment in the last thread - sorry I didn’t respond before the thread closed. It’s almost like there’s a lot going on in Monroevia right now, honestly.

Right, back to the effing & jeffing!

• Heart
Reactions: 50
She'll crack from sleep deprivation from constantly twisting and turning on twitter soon.

If it was anyone else but Jack Monroe or other contrepreneurs of her ilk, I'd have a shred of sympathy - but the chickens are coming home to roost. Actions have consequences - all the years of lies, misrepresentation, false stories and turning on anyone daring to question the narrative are coming back to haunt her.

Reactions: 32
I wonder why she doesn't look at Lidl/Aldi special buys every week, and make a meal plan for the week based on what's on offer?

That's probably waayyyy too much effort for her puppy brain 🤢🤢🤢
Such a lush idea Dino S. Probably a youngster is doing it already on the tick tock.

100% praying that some wag on you tube in America or somewhere quite removed from Southend does a “rinsed hoop cook” challenge to make and eat all of her recipes then makes their mate eat it on camera for lols

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
Does Jack understand that anecdotal evidence is anecdotal?
I was just thinking about this and chuckling to myself. Thinking particularly of the various research methodology guidances which basically scream at you not to use 'anecdotal evidence.'

However, there's not much else to chuckle about in her twitter performance this evening. Whipping up a furore for people that they're overpaying in the summer months is dangerous anyway. To do so when we're about to enter an extremely dark winter with higher spikes than usual is reprehensible.

(Genuinely) praying Martin Lewis or others with a big profile call her out on this, or at least sub-tweet solid advice.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I've been thinking. Will some of Jack's early books be out of date in terms of cheap ingredients? Covid, Brexit, the war in Ukraine, crop failures and changing tastes have impacted what is available these days compared to 10 years ago. If that is the case re her books, why are they still being reccomended?
I mean, we all know she’s a lazy feckless narc, but if she wasn’t, she really would have an agent/agency/brand manager kicking her uP the arse to “re-work” and do an updated book based on this. As well as all the great gadgets that replace ovens thesedays.
I’m hoping to move in future, and I don’t think I will “require” an oven in a new place. Got my air fryer and microwayvee. Might get a plug in hob plate thing. Meanwhile Jack was trying to stockpile or experiment with camping gas cooking a few months ago. Apart from the massive H&S disaster, camping gas is well expensive!

Reactions: 35
Mad idea I know - but just don't go to Farmfoods? It's a crazy concept which may or may not catch on called having a choice.
There's a Farmfoods about 15 minutes walk from my house. I'm terrified they might 'get' me with a leaflet.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
It really is a cult. It needs a name.
Jackonomics?
Jacklickers
The Church of Slop
Squigsalvation Army.
Jackolytes? Jackophants?

I was reading about a truly terrifying cult in Mexico recently where a woman pretended to be an Incan Goddess in a village of largely illiterate and isolated locals. They worshipped her and did some truly terrible things for her. It's very horrible so I won't say but this was in the 60s I think. There was another awful example in Germany in the 70s. Its actually horrifying that so many people can be so easily indoctrinated and manipulated by one person. And the parallels between those people in the not too distant past and current day squigs are very disturbing. Its like nothing has really changed.

• Sad
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.