Jack Monroe #359 Hoops I Did It Again

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok. I'm making it a mission of mine to stand beside a donation foodbox in a supermarket with a big placard saying:

WHY ARE YOU STUPID BASTARDS ALWAYS DONATING SPAGHETTI HOOPS FFS! DON'T YOU KNOW STARVING PEOPLE ARE PIG SICK OF bleeping SPAGHETTI HOOPS? STOP IT NOW! YOU bleeping THOUGHTLESS SELFISH BASTARDS!

Did ye, aye?
Kevin Bridges fan? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 37
For a woman who is moving ( to a crappy flat), downsizing, selling off her hard earned possessions and applying for minimum wage employment she sure spends a lot of time on Twitter. We all know moving and job hunting takes no time, or perhaps she was lying to get more donated Money.

Do all the squigs have the memory capacity of a Commodore Vic 20? Utterly maddening.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
I also got a Farmfoods leaflet through door today! I put it in the recycling! Thorpe Bay probably get Waitrose leaflets!

I thought that things had quietened down in the last few days.🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Jack, I got a Farmfoods leaflet through the door and I don't like it. Can you help?

View attachment 1486522
Wow such BS. Farmfoods are actually really good for 'cheaper than the supermarkets' vegan protein sources like mince and meatballs. They sell Linda McCartney Sausage rolls for £1 whereas they cost £2.50 everywhere else. They often have Oomph and Frys products for very cheap too, pennies in some cases.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
In my new love of the frauen and pumble life I have maddeningly trying to untangle the mystery of who TD is (female food blogger?) and after trawling through many pages of famous food bloggers in the UK, top tens and most liked foodies...

Sadly, I did not discover who TD is; however, what I did discover...

Is that Jack Monroe is not mentioned.

Not even once!

She really does believe her own hype - in the truest sense of the word 😂

Not. One. bleeping. Mention.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I wonder why she doesn't look at Lidl/Aldi special buys every week, and make a meal plan for the week based on what's on offer?

That's probably waayyyy too much effort for her puppy brain 🤢🤢🤢
She claims not everyone has access to them. Scarborough (which is not a rich town) had both, but her beloved Asda was over 40 miles away, out near York.

I miss the range of supermarkets in the UK. We have the Coles-worth monopoly up here, so much harder to get decent deals on things. The offers are virtually identical each week, and just swap between which shop has coffee or deodorant on special.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
In my new love of the frauen and pumble life I have maddeningly trying to untangle the mystery of who TD is (female food blogger?) and after trawling through many pages of famous food bloggers in the UK, top tens and most liked foodies...

Not even once!

For TD, try first name of Scottish first minister and for surname the trade of someone who grinds flour.

@ScouseGobsheet I love your username. I myself am a bit of a gabshite 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

Not even once!

TD shares a first name with the first minister for Scotland
And her last name is the same as someone who runs a mill
PS: These clues are not my own, a wiser Frau bestowed them to me when I joined and faced the same desperation to know who she was, as you do now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I had a look at whether forcing entry to install a prepayment meter might have happened.
They do have power of entry if a warrant is issued by a magistrate. Which I imagine would only happen if all other attempts to do it with the consent of the occupier had failed.
E5744235-48D2-423B-903B-2F05B80F02F5.jpeg

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.