Jack Monroe #356 I can put 30p in the mortgage, Harold!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it means the stuff that comes in shelf stable tubs and is called something like "Italian style hard grated cheese"" (....when I was a kid I thought that was what parmesan was. Colour me delighted when I ate the real thing.) It looks and tastes like the dust from a good sesh with the Dr Scholl foot file in my opinion.
Yes, that makes sense - my parents occasionally had a tube of that stuff and yes, as a child it really smelt like sick and I was at a loss to understand why adults wanted to add it to spag bol. As you say, it's nothing like fresh / fridge-store parmesan - I have that grated in a tub as well as hard (yes, I am so fancy! Also really lazy) and at least the fridge tubs have enough flavour to be a handy shortcut. But I'm guessing the fridge versions don't feature in a lot of foodbank donations, didn't an earlier frau mention they don't generally accept chilled perishables? Does anyone make the shelf-stable stuff anymore? I'm afraid to google, for the sake of my gag reflex.

Reactions: 13
Dunno but there’s definitely a receipt of a friend gendering him and then quickly ungendering him. Was definitely a man. Would she have nuzzled a brother thinking it was a woman however tall she might be?? Mm.
Plus she spoke of numerous recent miscarriages.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
This Patreon thing has been asked about so much on Twitter, hasn’t it? Yet she has never once addressed it or apologised, or even made the effort to excuse it with MH and Autism (as she does everything else!) She has never even started sending the promised goods out, all be it over two years late. It clearly shows her arrogance and her self entitlement and how she perceives that money. In her own mind she believes that she actually deserves that money, she earns every penny of it!

The Autism excuse thing is making me need a break from her. She has no bleeping idea how bloody hard it is living and caring for someone with it, I hope this Twitter pile on continues for the rest of the month! She deserves every bit of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Regarding her half lemonade/half tea drink

(I can't screenshot at the mo)

"I was sceptical about @BootstrapCook's half lemonade / half tea refreshing summer drink. But it turned out to be a very refreshing alternative to quite expensive beers."

"Wait you’ve never had an Arnold Palmer?"

"I mean, I love Jack but I can’t give her credit for a drink that been around for 60+ years."

The last two tweets are from the same squig. I don't remember when she first mentioned this drink, but is she claiming it is one of her creations?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
It was on me. I said “he” was 6ft etc. Because as spaniel friend identified, it was a man so I just didn’t even think to make my explanation gender neutral, sorry for causing a chaos! (to be clear, not that I give a flying duck who her lover 🤮 is or isn’t)
You see what you’ve done there dear heart is acknowledge minor mistake, own up to it and then moved on. Whereas what you should have done is get passive aggressive with anyone who questions it, derail or just refuse to correct any misunderstanding. Do you need the rest of the Fraus to tell you how much you’ve done?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
All this talk of Jean has me now singing Jean Genie in my head. The opening lines are 👩‍🍳 💋

A small Jean Genie snuck off to the city
Strung out on lasers and slash back plazas
And ate all your razors while pullin' the waiters
Talking bout Monroe and walkin' on snow white
Omg that really is the lyrics! Between that, “havin’ hoops”, and the 1978 truthers, I think we’re all now living in an episode of Life On Mars.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Regarding her half lemonade/half tea drink

(I can't screenshot at the mo)

"I was sceptical about @BootstrapCook's half lemonade / half tea refreshing summer drink. But it turned out to be a very refreshing alternative to quite expensive beers."

"Wait you’ve never had an Arnold Palmer?"

"I mean, I love Jack but I can’t give her credit for a drink that been around for 60+ years."

The last two tweets are from the same squig. I don't remember when she first mentioned this drink, but is she claiming it is one of her creations?
I think we need @Valiofthedolls here.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.