Jack Monroe #297 I'm not a natural tax payer.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please correct me if I am out of order here.

There have been times (when saving for our first house, when mortgage rates were a lot higher and we were really stretched, when we needed to move quickly and ended up in a bigger house) that we had to limit our spending. During those times we went without. The first thing that went were holidays (we don’t go now for other reasons).

If she is desperate to buy, then every spare penny should be going to a deposit. This will help her with repayments and with actually buying the damn thing.

What I don’t understand is why she is accepting such extravagant (and in the light of her campaigning, frivolous) gifts from her partner. If she is fine in doing so (all relationships are different, so I am not commenting on that), then why won’t she accept money towards a deposit or towards the get-out fee from her house?

I am stumped. Does she not want to leave? Does she want someone (OH) to buy her a house outright?

Someone explain.
She works 100 hours a week and can't pay her bills. It's Tory Britain's fault.

Everything else? Magic puddles, parents, and good old Harold.

It is the way of Jack.

Reactions: 28
I mean that's probably average price of rent for that kind of property there. I'm in Essex not too far away and my 2 bed flat is £1250 pcm plus they sting everyone in the block with an extra £100 for the parking space. I was living hand to mouth until somebody told me I was probably entitled to claim UC to help. UC has been a god send.

Having said that Jack just needs to move out of the bungalow and into a flat or something to save herself some money every month. And if she really is as poor as she claims then apply for benefits. Only she won't do that because she's probably not entitled as she has more than enough coming in and just fritters it away. If she truly was as poor as she claims (£34 in the bank) then she would get financial help surely.
And if she's as disabled as she claims she could apply for a bus pass and go to any supermarket.

• Heart
I think she is desperate for someone to ask more about them, yes, but only so she can performatively say she can't share that info because they're such private people. She did it with LJC in the early days. Back on the merry go round we go 🎠
It's mad isn't it I remember her flying into a performative rage a couple years ago when squigs innocently asked if she was boo'ed up with LJC, after she'd done lots of heavy breadcrumbing.

Butttt then a couple years later, after again many heavy hints, she snapped "Do keep up" when a squig nervously asked if she was single again. Like Jack, do you want people to know or don't you?
Has Jack ever taken SB on one of her city breaks? I don’t recall her talking about him being with her, showing him the sights and the food, ever.

The only holidays he gets are with his dad. Including the U.K. caravan break they did last summer when Jack tagged along too.

She spent her time on the beach refusing to interact with the kids and made this instead. What a fun sponge.

View attachment 1241643

I think “Daddy” was nervous about your masterpiece being kicked about because he knew you’d get into a narc rage, Jack.
This post creates such a weird pic in my head. The 3 kids are splashing about in the sea, lovely. Where's Mum? She's in there with them, right, enjoying the waves? NO! Mum's on the beach, furiously and forensically constructing a thing that looks like one of those creepy spiral monuments Stephen King described in Pet Semetary. Can we disturb Mum? Ask her to come into the sea, maybe? NO again, you TROLL! Mamapapa is BUSY creating an innovative Rensaissance masterpiece! Per Rialto!!

Does she want someone (OH) to buy her a house outright?
Yes.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
My thoughts exactly! As if any gelato place in an Italian tourist trap is cheap. FFS. But Jack must pretend to be poor even when she’s on holiday.
It’s a very long time since I visited Italy, the only thing I remember being reasonably priced were train tickets

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Grunking so not sure where this will land but I don’t understand why Jack doesn’t take advantage of the government’s Help to Buy scheme. You get a secured government loan for half the property and you only pay 5% deposit and raise a mortgage on the other half. You start paying back the loan after 5 years. Jack recently said she had £30k kicking around. She could easily have used it for that.

As for her poor credit rating, there are a number of small house builders who serve the lower income end of the market whose customer base often have poor credit ratings. They have schemes where the customer reserves a plot of land at a fixed price then the house builder gives them a year and financial advice to improve their credit rating and make them mortgage ready.

There are a number of reasons why asset prices are so high, macro economic reasons that go beyond the eBiL tOriEs. Globalisation. Low interest rates. But there are ways around it. If Jack was willing to settle for a new build flat or little house then she could get a mortgage, it might mean getting a full time job for a few years but that’s what most people have to do who want to buy.

She looks lovely in the Venice pic.
I bet the pic is filtered to within an inch of its life as she didn’t look like that on tv recently

Reactions: 15
Tempted to start a book on an engagement announcement anytime soon… be Shi£e odds thou….
this would be number 6??

• Haha
Reactions: 21
4C8D0CA0-2B69-4FCC-B630-0F5D26FC9852.jpeg
Looks like OH uses male pronouns.
No wonder the flags have gone from Jackie gals profile.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 86
I’m going to be devils advocate here. I don’t think it’s that unusual for for people with children to have short breaks without the children, especially when the children are a bit older like SB. What those people also do is have a family holiday with the children though, something Jack never seems to do.
There appear to have been some recent holidays with Jack on her son. The weekend away' and the chalet one. Neither ppear to beorganised by Jack though.

I always think Jack presents herself as a far worse parent than she really is, and doesn't forcefeed him slop but let's him eat normally

Reactions: 23
Has Jack ever taken SB on one of her city breaks? I don’t recall her talking about him being with her, showing him the sights and the food, ever.

The only holidays he gets are with his dad. Including the U.K. caravan break they did last summer when Jack tagged along too.

She spent her time on the beach refusing to interact with the kids and made this instead. What a fun sponge.

View attachment 1241643

I think “Daddy” was nervous about your masterpiece being kicked about because he knew you’d get into a narc rage, Jack.
Between this mad sand sculpture, Pumble and OH is imaginary I'm losing touch with reality. Is any of this real? Is Jack real? Send gattos
1651659736581.png

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Mr Elastoblast and I visited Venice as part of our honeymoon and then took the children for a few nights a couple of years ago, traveling to it by train after visiting friends who live in Austria. Fraus I can confirm I very much more enjoyed the family trip. The excitement about police, ambulance and post boats, sheer joy at being allowed lots of gelato. The teeny but quirky hotel we found to stay in, street cats. They loved it. Smallest boy had v long hair at that point (sensory issues meaning haircuts were a no no). When he fell off his chair in a restaurant (ashamed to say it was the hard rock cafe) the waiters dashed over with ice packs and gelato to cheer up the pretty little girl! He had gelato so didn't care about being misgendered. smallest boy and I missed out on another trip the year before lockdown as I had to fly home from a holiday to Austria and Italy with him early as the heat wave made him so ill. I'm aware my family is quite middle class but never more so than when my older boy declared loudly that we must go back to Venice to a group of my friends.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
And if she's as disabled as she claims she could apply for a bus pass and go to any supermarket.
To be fair I’m not entitled to a bus pass. However I am allowed community transport. Anyway, Jack do3snt a
What outcomes has she achieved for people like Elsie with her 100 hour weeks. duck all! Fraud! TOOT TOOT grifter !!!!
Well Jan, what a tit neighbour you are

I personally think it’s crap that she buggered off to Venice and didn’t take the kid. Why? Because she’s just bragged that’s she’s been working 100 hour weeks since January. Where’s the time spent with him. Relaxing. Homework? In fact I’ll be as bold as to say I think she should have left the partner at home and taken her son away for a couple of days. Not particularly to Venice. Anywhere.

And all this looking after me bollocks. Making me a sandwich and taking me away. Make your own frigging toastie. Pay your own frigging rent. Stop using people

The honeymoon period won’t last. Her OH will find out soon enough what a dick she is.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Her buggering off eating everything in site, to an expensive city, then coming back to help the poors again, really reminds me of people like Leonardo Di Caprio who fly in to climate change conferences in their private jets.
Their concern is all performative.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
Tempted to start a book on an engagement announcement anytime soon… be Shi£e odds thou….
this would be number 6??
Her bottom drawer must look like a branch of bleeping H Samuel at this point. Of course she can’t sell the rings, because they’re special ones made for her teeny dainty fingers.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Yep, that’s her (only IRL) pal with the dog isn’t it. Ha, rumbled. No wonder Linda snubbed her for the Diva gongs. One oppression point lost, Jackie.
Lol- she lost all DIVA backing when she dumped Linda. Oh that sounds like a pattern. Used Linda, left Linda, used Allegra, dumped by Allegra, engaged to head of C4, dumped by C4.
Almost like their use by date expired.

Her buggering off eating everything in site, to an expensive city, then coming back to help the poors again, really reminds me of people like Leonardo Di Caprio who fly in to climate change conferences in their private jets.
Their concern is all performative.
Its the whole look at me stuff. She doesn’t tweet for two days then she has to excitedly tell people she didn’t tweet for two days because her new partner took her to Venice.

While old people are riding buses to keep warm and watching TV in shopping centres she’s stoating around Venice.

Jackie Antionette. Let them eat gelato.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.