Jack Monroe #355 rinses poor people better than she rinses spaghetti hoops

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chapeau Tom!
Matt did an Alastair Little recipe this morning on SKL and he was all choked up. It made me quite emotional. I know he’s a massive Tory but he’s very authentic.

How vindicated must his wife feel right now? He’s in his nice car on his way back to their rambling farmhouse and she’s got something nice in the special wine fridge. *clink* “chapeau, my love”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Imagine being up since 6pm when you have a 12 year old on a Saturday. You could plan a trip out to the beach or one of these many activities

Particularly if you had made a post a week or two ago asking for suggestions as you had been putting away the amount of alcohol drank(200 units per week) into an account for holidays with SB
Rough estimate puts 200 units at about £100 a week being saved up, which would pay for quite the adventure. Of course, any evidence of it on socials would kind of undermine her rinsed hoop lifestyle. I mostly just watched TV and played computer games in the holidays and probably would have been a bit miffed to have to do stuff with my mum at that age, so let's hope SB isn't all that bothered.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
My ex worked at McDonalds for years and some of the stories he told me are baffling, and he worked in the kitchen so wasn’t even on the front lines 😅
One Saturday lunch time someone came out of the disabled toilet holding a poo, threw it at everyone queuing up and then ran off.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
It's how she shuts up dissent - or thinks she does. It's why a place like tattle exists.
Exactly. My timeline is full of soap and spaghetti hoop. But her name is never spoken. She can think she has the power by searching her name. But it’s gone much deeper than her name lol.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
A handwritten letter of apology with 'Dearest Jamie' hastily scribbled out will be landing on Tom's doormat first thing Monday morning, mark my words.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
My ex worked at McDonalds for years and some of the stories he told me are baffling, and he worked in the kitchen so wasn’t even on the front lines 😅
One Saturday lunch time someone came out of the disabled toilet holding a poo, threw it at everyone queuing up and then ran off.
My local maccies is in a city centre and the sights on a saturday afternoon are something else. The staff there are amazing, but deal with more than people making fun of their pumble.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Late to the thread today and my god its busy! Looks like Jack is getting more media coverage, like she craves. Just a shame for her that it's not the usual fawning guff we're used to seeing 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
From what I gather Lidl actually have a great progression scheme into management and staff benefits.

And working at McDonald’s is actually a massive plus for ‘better’ employers as if you have had a good stint there of a year or more any employer would see you can do hard graft, work under pressure, deliver customer service in challenging circumstance. Not to mention McDonald’s also have loads of staff training and development programs.

Her sneering about these roles is sickening. Surely she could have worked there AND done a bit of campaigning and at least she would have income, sick pay, pension contributions etc. but then she would have to get up off her arse and do a bit of actual work instead of being gifted money on PayPal, patreon etc
Totally grunkaing probably been said
- Lidl pay a lot more than Maccies
- Maccies is practically “the army” of the food retailers. Anyone who can work in Maccies more than a week has got work ethic. Jack could never.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
The start of that “kids say the darndest things” article says this

772BEBAA-3481-4862-BF17-F1B3BACBEB5B.jpeg

At the time I believed this, because who would lie about that? But knowing bits of Essex as I do, I did find it quite surprising that she had to accept a school for SB that was so far away. Seemed so unlikely that there was literally not a single primary school with a place for SB within a 14 mile radius. That’s a lot of schools. I mean, a LOT. Dozens and dozens of potential schools.

D49B3ED3-C81B-4CB0-AE29-1BA679128454.jpeg

But now we know it was a choice, and that SB went to a school local to his dad, and that his dad would have done the majority of the school runs, not Jack making long, arduous and expensive train journeys twice a day, five days a week.

How the dad managed to bite his tongue I’ll never know.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
She never does anything to lift anybody else up. Platform of half a million, constantly going on about how hard and uncertain it is being self-employed, yet tweets a link to Amazon, rather than some indpendents who stock her books.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
I'm turning my phone off for a bit I think, I keep picking it up and getting stuck back in again 😂
Plus it is A Lovely Day and I should go enjoy it with these lovely people here. I'm sure Jack will be logging off now anyway, seeing as she has plans?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
I mostly just watched TV and played computer games in the holidays and probably would have been a bit miffed to have to do stuff with my mum at that age, so let's hope SB isn't all that bothered.
Yes, it's probably a blessing. Can you imagine being stuck in a tent with Jack for hours on end, with no escape.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.