Jack Monroe #355 rinses poor people better than she rinses spaghetti hoops

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Toot toot! Rinse yer hoops, we have a new thread!

Previous thread:

Congratulations to @Munchfrausen on the thread title, you win a day trip with Tom Kerridge and James Martin, with the chance to eat some saucy foodstuffs.

💥 We are in the midst of an ongoing Twitter chaos and Jack is working hard to selectively respond to criticism 💥

In a rapidly-deleted tweet, Jack suggested that chef Tom Kerridge had syphoned recipe ideas from Jack, then dropped her. James Martin uncharacteristically posted a 'karma is a witch' IG post.

The tweet:
Screenshot 2022-08-06 at 10.44.05.png

It's possible Jack has had rinsed beef with Tom Kerridge ever since he ribbed Marcus Rashford about having to make burgers with the smol pixie [trigger warning - beans were rinsed in the making of these burgers]

Screenshot 2022-08-06 at 10.26.01.png

Please keep thread title suggestions to the latter half of the thread, with Thread Title Nomination marked as clearly as Jack's Patreon subs. No swearing please, send clean languageos.

For new people joining us, welcome! Please check the Wiki at the top of the page for Jack's history and in-joke explanations.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 105
Sorry, very late to this but just to say the “sifting through coroners reports” thing is so grim. Trying to claw back favour by casually insinuating she helps the dead. What use is reading through coroners reports like some macabre hobby? Leave dead people alone ffs, they aren’t part of your crusade. If you want to actually help poor people a good start would be to stop pretending to be one. 🙄

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 120
Wheres the money?
Id say
~Sideboards
~Alarm clocks and radios
~laptops and phones
~Recent holiday travel
~Designer dog
~Designer clothes (i.e. Doc Martins)
~Ocado
~Living expenses so you can do sweet FA but make generic anti-tory tweets and pretend to be poor

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 86
She surely isnt expecting sb to have cold showers? At least boil a large pan of water or kettle on the stove and wash that way. God my grandparents who had literally no means of hot water other than that, managed to have hot water and they werw destitute. So much my great nan went to a workhouse (early 1900s) for a while. ( this was beforw she married my grandad, who was a binman)

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 73
Wheres the money?
Id say
~Sideboards
~Alarm clocks and radios
~laptops and phones
~Recent holiday travel
~Designer dog
~Designer clothes (i.e. Doc Martins)
~Ocado
~Living expenses so you can do sweet FA but make generic anti-tory tweets and pretend to be poor
Not forgetting the deposit for the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 39
Sorry, very late to this but just to say the “sifting through coroners reports” thing is so grim. Trying to claw back favour by casually insinuating she helps the dead. What use is reading through coroners reports like some macabre hobby? Leave dead people alone ffs, they aren’t part of your crusade. If you want to actually help poor people a good start would be to stop pretending to be one. 🙄
also they cant riot

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
I think Jack is reading the Prevention of Future Deaths website, pretending she has access to exclusive Coroner information, when in fact it's in the public domain.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
She is replying to a account which I can’t see. I don’t know if she deleted a tweet or the account deleted itself I need context
8CDA57C4-223F-4DE7-88E4-F09EF31D3FDC.png

Also. Glad they have finally discovered the rinsing of spaghetti hoops 😭.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I think Jack is reading the Prevention of Future Deaths website, pretending she has access to exclusive Coroner information, when in fact it's in the public domain.
Thanks, it sounded odd as if she had some in-depth medical knowledge and was sent coroner reports from morgues around the country by courier to give expert advice or something. She always has to have her ego front and centre.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
The whole argument of maybe you dont like or sick of it, as anyone heard of swapping?

Im sure if youre living a deprived area then perhaps your neighbours will also have parcels so you can exhange a tin of hoops for something you do like.

Also just because your kids don't like it doesn't mean you can't have them. My kids dont like stuff doesnt stop me eating it, people do make up some shite.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
She is replying to a account which I can’t see. I don’t know if she deleted a tweet or the account deleted itself I need context View attachment 1476998

Also. Glad they have finally discovered the rinsing of spaghetti hoops 😭.
It's the account that went viral sharing Jacks rinsed hoops recipe. They've had to lock their account due to flying monkey attacks.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.