Jack Monroe #355 rinses poor people better than she rinses spaghetti hoops

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She never does anything to lift anybody else up. Platform of half a million, constantly going on about how hard and uncertain it is being self-employed, yet tweets a link to Amazon, rather than some indpendents who stock her books.
It’s the grifter’s way though, isn’t it? Any opportunity to scam money (the books themselves, the affiliate link deal she will have brokered)... it’s sickening really and really bleeping hard to stomach. I’d be anxious as duck if the world was calling me out like this... but, what does she do? Uses it to grift yet more money FOR HERSELF whilst alleging she’s doing it for those in deprivation.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
The stories of 1.5hr commutes each way to her child's school x 5 never sat completely true with me either. This is way back when I followed her and generally thought she was Doing Good. Even then though, that one did make me go, hmmmm.

Reactions: 50
The start of that “kids say the darndest things” article says this

View attachment 1477262

At the time I believed this, because who would lie about that? But knowing bits of Essex as I do, I did find it quite surprising that she had to accept a school for SB that was so far away. Seemed so unlikely that there was literally not a single primary school with a place for SB within a 14 mile radius. That’s a lot of schools. I mean, a LOT. Dozens and dozens of potential schools.

View attachment 1477281

But now we know it was a choice, and that SB went to a school local to his dad, and that his dad would have done the majority of the school runs, not Jack making long, arduous and expensive train journeys twice a day, five days a week.

How the dad managed to bite his tongue I’ll never know.
Wasn’t the school place debacle due to her moving in with Leggy after five minutes, then breaking up and moving back to Southend?

Reactions: 56
1659788074188.png

But she has just been slated for a recipe where she *checks notes* rinses off the sauce thus making plain pasta

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Late to the thread today and my god its busy! Looks like Jack is getting more media coverage, like she craves. Just a shame for her that it's not the usual fawning guff we're used to seeing 🤣🤣🤣

OMG they included a screenshot of her idiotic 'same initials' tweet (and the detailed explanation of said 'joke') at the bottom there, too. Just for good measure. What a week it's been.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
D level sock still going. Tip jars are taxable, paid to those on low incomes, and, concentrate hard for this one, paid in return for a service.

1659788078979.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
Can't work out whether Jack's squigs are naturally thick or if they had to take a night course?

• Haha
Reactions: 48
The doctorate thing grates my mushrooms. I’ve just seen my son graduate (2 years late due to covid) with a maths PhD and he worked so hard for 4 years while also giving lectures to maths under grads and here she is boasting about being a doctor when she did duck all for it. I’m sure the resident Dr Fraus in here (I think we have some) feel the same way.
Grates my bleeping mushrooms. I got my PhD while looking after my 4 small boys and with my husband working off-shore. It was hard, but rewarding work. She could never.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
My ex worked at McDonalds for years and some of the stories he told me are baffling, and he worked in the kitchen so wasn’t even on the front lines 😅
One Saturday lunch time someone came out of the disabled toilet holding a poo, threw it at everyone queuing up and then ran off.
Yep! The stories my son told me after his shifts were quite something. He generally worked the drive thru windows and front service counter because (and no one was more surprised than me, let me tell you 😂) he is very level headed in the face of some absolutely atrocious behaviour from grown adults. He won an employee of the month award for it 😂. And I say that as someone who has working in a frontline housing service for 30+ years.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
It’s the argument of if they only got the hoops from the food bank. Well I’m confused. Where did the cheese come from as they don’t hand that out?

• Heart
Reactions: 45
View attachment 1476997

🎵 Tonight thank God it's their hoops, instead of of yooooooours. 🎵
Oh
Think twice
Coz it’s another day of rinsed spag hoops in paradise
She is replying to a account which I can’t see. I don’t know if she deleted a tweet or the account deleted itself I need context View attachment 1476998

Also. Glad they have finally discovered the rinsing of spaghetti hoops 😭.
I do wonder if this was developed in consultation with good banks in the same manner that her Teemill shop was developed in consultation with the Trussell Trust

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Sorry I know we’ve been over this, but it really grates my mushrooms that not only does she imply she earns less than someone working for McDonald or Lidl, she also works TWICE the hours!

44136CC8-5A82-472C-BC55-C5D796A3CB48.jpeg

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
The start of that “kids say the darndest things” article says this

View attachment 1477262

At the time I believed this, because who would lie about that? But knowing bits of Essex as I do, I did find it quite surprising that she had to accept a school for SB that was so far away. Seemed so unlikely that there was literally not a single primary school with a place for SB within a 14 mile radius. That’s a lot of schools. I mean, a LOT. Dozens and dozens of potential schools.

View attachment 1477281

But now we know it was a choice, and that SB went to a school local to his dad, and that his dad would have done the majority of the school runs, not Jack making long, arduous and expensive train journeys twice a day, five days a week.

How the dad managed to bite his tongue I’ll never know.
I always read it as her tricksy way of saying she’d moved at the end of his first school year and he was in Y1 travelling 14 miles to the school that had originally been local, with Jack just trying to garner sympathy off the back of the stories in papers every year about children being assigned unsuitable schools. But I never forensically checked SBs age/when his birthday is.

Now I think yeah, his school was close to his dad and his dad likely refused to let her move him from a school he was settled in and worked for his dad just because she’d chosen to move house on a whim.

Reactions: 35
Wasn’t the school place debacle due to her moving in with Leggy after five minutes, then breaking up and moving back to Southend?
Yes. SB and Allegra’s daughter were close in age and started school together in London. Before the school year was over they’d decamped back to Southend.

But the issue was, it wasn’t really a debacle. There would have been schools much closer to Jack with spaces. That’s not to say the allocation process is easy (I personally know someone at my kid’s school who arrived mid-year and has to juggle two kids at two completely different primary schools) but basically no one is expected to accept a primary school place 14 miles away. It was a choice to send SB to the school he attended and Jack only had to do the punishing train commute on the days he stayed with her.

• Wow
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.