Jack Monroe #355 rinses poor people better than she rinses spaghetti hoops

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Without the big collabs, not only does she lose the money, but arguably more importantly for a scammer, the trust factor. Unsuspecting victims see someone working with household brands and automatically think they're decent, honest and who they claim to be. Textbook contrepreneur methodology. Mike Winnet covers it in the excellent "The Contrepreneur Formula", calling it "establishing authority".
She's fuelling the fire by not being quiet. Twitter is mad at her, she needs to lie low until it blows over.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Actually not too far from Wing Yip!

Just for context.... the Wing Yip is a huge Chinese supermarket on Purley Way in Croydon. It does lots of produce from various Asian cultures, but is predominantly Chinese. There are restaurants, bakeries and solicitors in the complex too. It is a hugely iconic and absolutely everyone knows of it locally.
When Jack was skipping about Croydon getting her Superdrug gig and buying goats legs, people started recommending places to visit in the Cronx.
Jack, being Jack, obviously had done everything/visited everywhere in Croydon. A Squig said something like 'oh, you should visit Wing Yip' and Jack, being Jack, said something like 'oh yes, I love Wing Yip, I always go there when I'm in East Croydon '
Problem is Wing Yip is nowhere near East Croydon. To walk there would be an hour or two. Getting a bus is tricky, you'd have to go on the magical mystery tour of Croydon's buses. She also said she'd seen it as her train passed by. No trains go anywhere near the Purley Way let alone Wing Yip.
In short, SHE WAS LYING.

And she shared photos that were clearly (to the Cronx Massive) from Hoo Hing, a totally different little Chinese supermarket.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Grunking from the past, but her boyfriend tweet ended me.

MY boyfriend is taller than YOUR boyfriend.
MY boyfriend’s car is bigger than YOUR boyfriends car.
My latest larp is as a Canadian, ey.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Just for context.... the Wing Yip is a huge Chinese supermarket on Purley Way in Croydon. It does lots of produce from various Asian cultures, but is predominantly Chinese. There are restaurants, bakeries and solicitors in the complex too. It is a hugely iconic and absolutely everyone knows of it locally.
When Jack was skipping about Croydon getting her Superdrug gig and buying goats legs, people started recommending places to visit in the Cronx.
Jack, being Jack, obviously had done everything/visited everywhere in Croydon. A Squig said something like 'oh, you should visit Wing Yip' and Jack, being Jack, said something like 'oh yes, I love Wing Yip, I always go there when I'm in East Croydon '
Problem is Wing Yip is nowhere near East Croydon. To walk there would be an hour or two. Getting a bus is tricky, you'd have to go on the magical mystery tour of Croydon's buses. She also said she'd seen it as her train passed by. No trains go anywhere near the Purley Way let alone Wing Yip.
In short, SHE WAS LYING.
There’s also a Wing Yip in Cricklewood, by the north circular. It’s an excellent place to spend a hangover

• Heart
Reactions: 26

In short, SHE WAS LYING.
and if she hadn't looked up the bus on the TfL website, been able to navigate the weirdness of the East Croydon interchange without having a chaos on the tram tracks, not ended up in West Wickham instead and tried walking, she'd have bottled it and gone scurrying back to Southend by the time she got as far as the desolate ends by the old Time Bomb site, never mind walking through the Waddon estate and then having to cross at Fiveways. She can't even do a roundabout where it's obvious what car has priority - the lights would have completely banjaxed her.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Harold must have one hell of a job in the little shop to kick in on a mortgage that big. And I bloody KNEW she'd missed out on a decent gig. I note she blames the scale of abuse it would attract rather than her own embarrassing lack of talent.
I do wonder who would be brave enough to work with her after this. On a very basic level no-one needs all the extra admin her presence would bring.

Reactions: 24
Jack's ghoulish scouring death certificates looking for starvation - other than it being utterly tasteless - just why? So many variables involved other than an inability to afford food. ED's, mental health problems, dementia plus other illnesses/conditions. Plus she would have to examine the records over many years to see if things are getting better or worse.
It seems such a futile and utterly wrong exercise.
I've just recently seen a death certificate that listed malnutrition as a secondary cause of death. The deceased had dementia and refused care but forgot to eat often. They weren't poor and starving, and I would hazard a bet there's a fair few of those in Jack's list, the scavenging bleeping vulture that she is. Vile creature, scraping people's tragedies to excuse her scamming and grifting 😡

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 55
I'm hoping the squigs can be goaded into a mass hoop rinsing to show support for Jack. The thought of them forcing down their cheesy rinsed hoops going "mmmm delicious" and hating every minute of it makes me happy because I am a vile, tory, transphobe troll who hates poors.
The next full moon is 12 August, the next new 27 August. Either would give them time to make a robe out of some bedsheets, meet in a field by the light and have a spiritual mass rinsing..... as opposed to their Leaderine who just rinses people

There’s also a Wing Yip in Cricklewood, by the north circular. It’s an excellent place to spend a hangover
Wing Yip started in Birmingham in 1970... and now has sites in Brum, Croydon, Cricklewood and Manchester.... you'd think being such a culinary crusader she'd be advocating using ethnic food shops - always a bargain to be found....

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Why does she think 6 foot is some extreme height for a man? I’m 6 foot 3 and it’s really not something that gets commented on.
Do you have a huge car? Careful now, Jack might get ideas. :D

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Just catching up so I don’t know where this will land- just wanted to issue a genuine apology if I’ve offended/upset anyone! Didn’t spoiler my posts regarding little kitten before, will make sure I will in future! Never wanted to cause anything in the process of posting here ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I am a few pages behind but i am SO TIRED of seeing the same poor me phrases trotted out in her tweets and the same snappy dog arsey phrases in her replies to others. Her game is so stale.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.