Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not see this squig (both tweets same person) before, but it came up as some of the people I follow liked it. Quite a few questioning responses with some sympathy. And one person blaming it all on gender critical twitter. Squig has nearly 3k followers.
View attachment 1473562

Only way to get baby cucumber to sleep properly in his cot at the mo is a good chest snooze first. This has been very useful for overnight catch ups.

Hopefully off back to bad now until morning. Go well x
Like her 3p thrupenny crumbles (remember when she was naming biscuits like a child, feels like years ago now) that were more expensive to make than buying budget brand chocolate chip cookies. Jack's forensic costings (kind of her flex) have always been bollocks and I hope that is on the radar for future Molly posts. Like when she purposefully costed the Jubilee Trifle differently to her People's Pudding to distort the spend.

I reckon eventually anyone mentioning the VBI will be threatened with Jack's crack team of lawyers, since quoting her is the new libel.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
VBI timeline

Day 1. It's going to take the weekend to pull together.
001_day1.jpg

The aim is to update it monthly.
002.jpg

IRL friend goes into the working group.
003.jpg

Day 2. Still putting the working group together.
004_day2.jpg

The Jacob Rowntree Foundation is involved.
005.jpg

Day 4. EVERYONE IS PULLING TOGETHER.
005_2_day4.jpg

Day 5. Graphs and stuff.
006_1_day5.jpg

Day 7. It's been 10 days (!). VBI hopefully ready mid-Feb. duck, yeah!
006_2_day7.jpg

Day 8. Taking prices from across the UK.
006_3_day8.jpg

Day 11. Time to knuckle down.
006_4_day11.jpg

Day 48. March now. Just one person working on the VBI
006_5_day48.jpg

Day 118 lol. Still working on the VBI.
007_day118.jpg

So much paperwork!
008.jpg

Day 119. Shut up, Charlotte.
009_1_day119.jpg

Day 130 ffs. Nearly done! Touring shortly.
009_2_day130.jpg

Day 195. Incoming.
009_3_day195.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 134
Has any heard this. It’s a talk Jack gave and she sings to the poor fuckers. It’s completely bizarre. singing starts at about 37 mins. I didn’t listen to any of the rest tbh
😂😂 imagine being sat in the audience for that one! Love how she starts out sounding posh then remembers she’s meant to be working class and drops the ‘h’ and references her ‘ands’, Dick van Dyke-esque.
When she says it’s ‘probably’ better if you go home and download the original version of the song…ya think?? Actually, she doesn’t, she rates her version higher or she wouldn’t have included the word probably.
Reminds me of a Who gig I went to when they announced they were going to play tracks from their new rock opera album (or something similarly self-indulgent) and almost everyone in the crowd headed for the bar. Am imagining similar exodus during Jack’s talk.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
How I feel at the moment constantly on the grunk

How can Jack claim she works 100hr weeks and keep up with all the chaos? I do 37 hours a week and I’m struggling to keep up with Tattle, send helpos.
I was just thinking that dear heart, I slept minimally having got all caught up and now a a Whole Nother Pile of Chaos. Send helpos

I never tire of this gif with a cute little poyem attached.
Me neither, makes me laugh every time ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Has anyone counted how many sock accounts she has?

I thought I read somewhere that Justine from MN had split up from her husband, so perhaps she feels less inclined to zap the threads to annoy a potential ex or she Is under less pressure to remove?

I am now an official saddo, sat in the car piggybacking off superstore free wifi ( dog in for vets for operation so hanging round town). JM is unknown in this country, god knows what the person who checks the internet usage of mall patrons will make of multiple Tattle pages open, not to mention Twitter and Mumsnet. Also lost sleep last night watching the chaos ( oh the hypocrisy, how many millions of times have I advised ppl to remove devices at bedtime.. sad hypocritical Frau, even young tweens in this town wouldn’t be seen dead outside the shopping mall using the free wifi)[/SPOILER

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
VBI timeline

View attachment 1473730

View attachment 1473731

View attachment 1473733

View attachment 1473734

View attachment 1473735

View attachment 1473738

Day 5. Graphs and stuff.
View attachment 1473740

View attachment 1473741

View attachment 1473742

View attachment 1473744

View attachment 1473745

View attachment 1473746

So much paperwork!
View attachment 1473747

View attachment 1473749

View attachment 1473750

Day 195. Incoming.
View attachment 1473754
👏👏👏 This is amazing, thanks for all you do Marm. I thought it was so funny how as soon as she got a bit of attention back on her, her book was suddenly a thing again after not being mentioned for ages, and she dropped the VBI in favour of deadlines and edits 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 61
VBI timeline

View attachment 1473730

View attachment 1473731

View attachment 1473733

View attachment 1473734

View attachment 1473735

View attachment 1473738

Day 5. Graphs and stuff.
View attachment 1473740

View attachment 1473741

View attachment 1473742

View attachment 1473744

View attachment 1473745

View attachment 1473746

So much paperwork!
View attachment 1473747

View attachment 1473749

View attachment 1473750

Day 195. Incoming.
View attachment 1473754
You are to Molly what Caroline was to Jack. Just praying you have two hands. Thanks for all you do x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I’m soooo bored of the narrative that anyone who is calling her out is a Tory/terf. No one takes an issue with the fact she earns money, it’s the fact that she earns money WHILST continuing the most manipulative emotional blackmail campaign I’ve ever seen and allows people in a much more precarious situation as herself to donate their money to her. Her argument that she doesn’t owe us anything and therefore shouldn’t have to prove her patreon earnings is such BS - the average person doesn’t have to reveal their salary, but the average person also doesn’t get people (daily it seems) offering them big chunks of money via PayPal whilst simultaneously claiming poverty so bad that she has sold her lightbulbs! I’ve lurked here for a long time, and used to be a big fan of what she stood for, but the lack of critical thinking from her fans is genuinely concerning at this point. I’m sure this post will get lost amongst all the others but I just wanted to have it on record that I think that jack co-opting of the struggles of both the trans and the autistic community as a way of deflection is incredibly stigmatising and insulting 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 99
👏👏👏 This is amazing, thanks for all you do Marm. I thought it was so funny how as soon as she got a bit of attention back on her, her book was suddenly a thing again after not being mentioned for ages, and she dropped the VBI in favour of deadlines and edits 🤣
There is an user on the MN thread defending JM to the hilt. One of things they mention about freelancing is never knowing how long projects take yadda yadda. Who does it sound like......

Untitled.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 86
VBI timeline

View attachment 1473730

View attachment 1473731

View attachment 1473733

View attachment 1473734

View attachment 1473735

View attachment 1473738

Day 5. Graphs and stuff.
View attachment 1473740

View attachment 1473741

View attachment 1473742

View attachment 1473744

View attachment 1473745

View attachment 1473746

So much paperwork!
View attachment 1473747

View attachment 1473749

View attachment 1473750

Day 195. Incoming.
View attachment 1473754
Why not stop Twitter Twatting and just do her job? The VBI would surely move quicker if her days weren’t spent fighting strangers.

Here’s an opportunity for her to actually show her detractors that she isn’t just full of nonsense- produce the index people are so desperately curious about. Help in a real and tangible way.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
There is an user on the MN thread defending JM to the hilt. One of things they mention about freelancing is never knowing how long projects take yadda yadda. Who does it sound like......

Does indeed sound very familiar! The thing with Jack and things not going as planned are that she never is just honest about it. She has to be hounded for updates and when she does eventually give them they always sound bullshitty or she turns herself into a victim over it instead of just saying you know what, it's taking a lot longer than I thought and actually probably isn't gonna work. All those people I said were helping me, they're not. I lied.

😂

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Why not stop Twitter Twatting and just do her job? The VBI would surely move quicker if her days weren’t spent fighting strangers.

Here’s an opportunity for her to actually show her detractors that she isn’t just full of nonsense- produce the index people are so desperately curious about. Help in a real and tangible way.
On Yenny, she couldn't even find the box of ten years of receipts.

Have we ever even seen ANY evidence of her doing any work on the VBI? (Other than her Twitter lies?)

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
omg i made it to live time! i just wanted to say

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE 🥹

cannot wait to see what molly pulls out the bag ON A FRIDAY NIGHT 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Has any heard this. It’s a talk Jack gave and she sings to the poor fuckers. It’s completely bizarre. singing starts at about 37 mins. I didn’t listen to any of the rest tbh
Jesus bleeping Christ

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.