Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It appears autism, swans and other nature, socks and “they only pay £1 dipshits!” didn’t win people round. From her likes it seems the next options will be new illnesses (oh goody), such an important campaigner/activist/charity worker can’t be cancelled and plucky victim of online abuse. Busy busy busy!
When did she say she was moving into the one bedroom hovel?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I listened to about 20 mins.
Did we ever know about the Budapest sidling before? She was there in a swimming pool (duck knows why) and a man sidled up and whispered 'are you Jack Monroe? You saved my life'. How many sinister sidlings is this?

Also another version of her first ever visit to a food bank. No mention of parents friend being there and having to instantly go to see them. Spoiler as a bit graphic.
She said the night before she went she had tried to commit suicide. She drank a bottle of vodka, took two packets of paracetamol and a packet of her heart pills. SB in the next room. She woke up and was ill, picked up SB and carried him to.... a food bank. Not a hospital or her parents. When she arrived she collapsed on the floor. A kindly person took her to.... another room, not hospital. They then gave her two binbags of food and she went home happy, invited her friend round and they ate well for days.
Has to be lies, because if not then social services should/would absolutely have been brought in. Ok these were just volunteers working at a foodbank but if she came in that state, they had a duty of care for the child at least!

• Angry
Reactions: 48
Has any heard this. It’s a talk Jack gave and she sings to the poor fuckers. It’s completely bizarre. singing starts at about 37 mins. I didn’t listen to any of the rest tbh
Bloody hell. Late night grunk. Fast forwarded to the singing, obviously couldn't listen to more than the first line. So she 'confronted her fear' back in 2017 on the glade stage but still saw fit to sing several more times over the years under the guise of 'fear confronting'.
Why not just admit 'I bleeping love the limelight however its gaze falls upon me' ?
She can't even sing without making a disingenuous victim hoohaa about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Not see this squig (both tweets same person) before, but it came up as some of the people I follow liked it. Quite a few questioning responses with some sympathy. And one person blaming it all on gender critical twitter. Squig has nearly 3k followers.
Screenshot_20220805-030447.png

Only way to get baby cucumber to sleep properly in his cot at the mo is a good chest snooze first. This has been very useful for overnight catch ups.

Hopefully off back to bad now until morning. Go well x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 94
Did we ever know about the Budapest sidling before? She was there in a swimming pool (duck knows why) and a man sidled up and whispered 'are you Jack Monroe? You saved my life'. How many sinister sidlings is this?

Also another version of her first ever visit to a food bank. No mention of parents friend being there and having to instantly go to see them. Spoiler as a bit graphic.
She said the night before she went she had tried to commit suicide. She drank a bottle of vodka, took two packets of paracetamol and a packet of her heart pills. SB in the next room. She woke up and was ill, picked up SB and carried him to.... a food bank. Not a hospital or her parents. When she arrived she collapsed on the floor. A kindly person took her to.... another room, not hospital. They then gave her two binbags of food and she went home happy, invited her friend round and they ate well for days.
Since when has she had a heart condition??

Reactions: 26

How many bloody versions of the first food bank trip are there? And in the other telling of the suicide attempt hadn't she packed SB off to his dad's?

Also, when the duck did she manage to squeeze in a trip to Budapest!? Off the top of my head that's Edinburgh, the Lakes, Cyprus, Spain, Tanzania, Venice, America (several times) and now Budapest, all apparently in the seven year period she hadn't been on holiday. I'm sure they were all work trips 🙄

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
As much as I would like for this to be the ✨FINALLY✨ I really don’t think it will be. For some reason Jack just seems to cruise through controversy.

look at the Kickstarter me for publishing her book. People waited for two years before super nicely questioning what was happening and she just got so shirty and rude.

Patreon wouldn’t be an issue if she actually delivered what she said she would. I simply don’t understand how people are completely happy to keep paying for absolutely nothing and the squigs thinking it’s A Ok for someone to receive £££s for absolutely no quantifiable work. They keep saying how she campaigns but where? Where is the evidence? What because she posts stuff on twitter? How do you not start questioning things and how as a subscriber do you not start to come forward and say yeah I’ve actually not received anything at all and feel just a bit suss?

if you had a friend who had published x amounts of books and written x amount of articles and yet still had no money would you not have a word with them and say - hey perhaps you should think about another career path so you’re not living in poverty/struggling to pay the rent monthly/eating miserably each week? So why do all these people think this is all fine for Jack? THE MATH AINT MATHING.

While I’m writing this novel FOR FREE - as a mother and even when I wasn’t a mother, I simply cannot fathom why she did not suck up her pride and ask her parents for help. There is no way on this earth that I would take my son’s toys and sell them or see him hungry just because I didn’t want people to think I was a failure. Unless I really didn’t have anyone but Jack has parents who clearly love her and they weren’t estranged as far as I know. They didn’t kick her out and tell her she was dead to them. She wasn’t
abused by them so feared for her son
You just wouldn’t put your own feelings ahead of your small child. Why is her forcing SB to go through poverty with her seen as this huge underdog story instead of really bleeping selfish and an awful way to treat a child?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Over time:

Tee Mill
Patreon
Ko-Fi
PayPal
Collaborations
Ad income from old blog
Affiliate links
Writing fees
Magazine recipe fees
Speaking fees
Book advances and any royalties
TV show appearances
Adverts
Court case compensation

There's only one way you spaff away this amount of money and it involves drugs, alcohol, compulsive spending and possibly gambling too (I have my suspicions). Spend it on what you like PAL but don't bleeping pretend you're downsizing because you can't earn enough to afford your life. You have been given an amazing platform upon which to consolidate your career and it's gone tits up because of YOUR actions
Kickstarter

Reactions: 28
My 3pm client phoned me from what sounded like a pub with some cock and bull story about babysitting. I could have danced a jig.

ETA: It occurs to me - what if he's a frau too?
I would love it if they were. You'll have to softly, gently whisper 'pumble' next time you meet them and watch their reaction.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Has to be lies, because if not then social services should/would absolutely have been brought in. Ok these were just volunteers working at a foodbank but if she came in that state, they had a duty of care for the child at least!
it's definitely lies as 2 packets of paracetamol would have put her into acute liver failure. Paracetamol causes severe liver damage at surprisingly 'low level' overdose.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 67
How many bloody versions of the first food bank trip are there? And in the other telling of the suicide attempt hadn't she packed SB off to his dad's?

Also, when the duck did she manage to squeeze in a trip to Budapest!? Off the top of my head that's Edinburgh, the Lakes, Cyprus, Spain, Tanzania, Venice, America (several times) and now Budapest, all apparently in the seven year period she hadn't been on holiday. I'm sure they were all work trips 🙄
You may not be very surprised to learn she said the Budapest trip was 'research'.
I'm still amazed by the amount of men who sidle up to her in strange locations to whisper at her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
It's the sort of thing I think Big Dave encourages after Sunday lunch. A familial singsong.
He probably makes everyone stand and sing the national anthem. The big Marxist.

Well she got a lot of media attention, money and goodwill out of the promise of it.
We all know it will be utterly useless, but at least it would be some evidence of work and effort on her part.
Her problem was the utter arrogance announcing it, and saying how she had all the skills and resources to pull off a job that usually takes a big team of experts.
The VBI was just designed to get media attention. I don’t think she ever actually intended to produce the thing.
Much like, I have always suspected, the whole original poverty story/house sale was fabricated for a local newspaper story,

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
NOOOOO! Mr V has come home from work early, expects me to interact with him and I am already five pages behind.

Is it wrong to manufacture a giant argument out of nothing so a person can flounce into a different room and continue with what they were doing before they were so rudely interrupted? This sort of thing, I was thinking,
View attachment 1472329Asking for a friend.
Tell your friend it’s fine to take one for the team x

• Haha
Reactions: 21
But you’re not collating the VBI on Twitter, you’re choosing to wade! Jesus wept.
Interesting to see her refer to the VBI as her actual job. I’m sure at the time, she asked for people to donate to her in order to fund this project. So basically what I’m saying is: the vbi is already out of date based on the receipts people sent her, the receipts don’t give much detail, nobody asked her to do this, the data is unreliable, the ONS have a team of statisticians and economists and she’s out here on her own winging it for peoples donations and now saying it’s her real job and she can’t get to it because she is dicking about on her phone searching for her own name.
she has ignored the VBI, the people who mention it get lied to and the people who funded it are blanked. She can’t even do the courteous thing and say ‘thanks for the donations. I’ve realised I bit off more than I can chew with this one. I take my hat off to those at the ONS for the amazing work they are doing on this. Thanks to those who submitted receipts and offers of help; and not forgetting those who sent financial donations.
I think it’s best I draw a line under this, leave it to the professionals and offer input if this is required. I will arrange refunds in the next day or two. Thanks again’

boo, the serious vbi man deleted his tweet
I wonder if he got a DM asking him to. and also cringing at the collective ownership of something that doesn’t exist: what figures do WE have!?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
Not sure why you are all so doubtful about the VBI. She knows that in 2004 cheese cost £1. That's the type of info that'll lift thousands out of poverty immediately, won't it, Tim Harford?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.