Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I don't understand is..... WHY doesn't she just do a sodding patreon post, even once a month?!!
The squigs would lap it up because they're in all honesty (mainly) quite pathetic, and then at least she can argue about how she's not taking money for nothing.
Is it laziness? Entitlement? The fact she literally has nothing to offer?!
Absolutely!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Grunk in the evening, grunk in the morning.

Jack is a compulsive liar and can't help herself. Why oh why didn't she just stick to the origin story (fabricated or otherwise) and leave the poverty cosplay in the past?

Anyone who experienced actual poverty (spoiler: JM has never) would never inflicting this bizarre pretence on their children? It is an absolute thrill to be able to do things for my children / take them places that my mother would not have been able to afford (sometimes not a thrill though like when I paid £3 for an ice cream in the park and have reverted to the 'you can have something at home playbook!').

Her latest extreme light bulb unscrewing, selling all her possessions poverty fiction is a step too far I think. It means she will not be able to take poor SB anywhere over the summer holidays (let alone buy the poor bugger an ice cream) without making it completely apparently that she is a liar/fantasist/grifter/scam artist (delete as appropriate). Even Nigella must be raising an eyebrow at this point.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Well canal, I wonder what the day will bring? Hopefully a few less socks 😑. There were lots of piss taking accounts popping up on Twitter last night, which while funny, no doubt she'll use them as evidence of 'trolls' and the harassment she receives alllll the time 🙄.

Reactions: 40
got it, sorry but cba to screenshot the whole thread in which this squig was pointing out the comparison. (I’m tired but wired tonight, should be asleep but it isn’t coming for me yet!) Am sure anyone will be able to find it easily if interested. Other than her original tweet Jack didn’t engage with this thread (unless as 🧦), squig and IEA blue tick were talking to either a FM or 🧦.

This whole thing is really interesting to observe as a phenomenon. Jack and her coterie of followers go off on one at the IEA and Tories for being opaque about funding, bending rules, and how much they get in donations they refuse to be transparent about upfront - and yet Jack Monroe herself is opaque, bends rules, and gets large donations about which she refuses to be transparent. How can they not see she is effectively the same as the “IEA bros” - except like squig says, IEA bros actually produce things.

(Please don’t go thinking I love the IEA, or the Tory party, I don’t, I think everyone is dodgy here! Except probably squig, who seems to have commented similarly on a few other Jack related tweets in the last few days.)
I also have no time for the IEA, grifters in a different way, but grifters like our Jacky. Though would be so funny if Jack was up against them or someone similar on GMB again, and once more threw out the the funding transparency line. The person she was arguing with just replying “ Well can you tell us your Patreon numbers then Jack ? “…..oh that that would be a fun chaos.😁

Reactions: 34
Also, please Jack, get confused between your socks and say the wrong thing with the wrong account. That would be glorious you absolute melt.
The way the tone changes from her main to sock, I’m trying to work out what it is she does to dull her tone so much (and yet *still* fools no-one!)

She's DM'd them about trolls using the VBI against her.
I like how Twitter keeps a placemark for deleted tweets now. Shows something was said and doesn’t confuse people even further.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I go the the festival ONE NIGHT and can't keep up the grunk anymore, Crikey.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Well she got a lot of media attention, money and goodwill out of the promise of it.
We all know it will be utterly useless, but at least it would be some evidence of work and effort on her part.
Her problem was the utter arrogance announcing it, and saying how she had all the skills and resources to pull off a job that usually takes a big team of experts.
Also remember she originally said that it would take a weekend to put together too.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Did I have a fever dream or did Jack set up multiple sock accounts last night? And potentially even interact with herself using them?

Also, I was wondering whether, instead of a name Molly was a reference to a ... substance?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 07.56.16.png

Blue tick author repsonding to the unraveling of another online grifter this week, made me think of the cult of Jack.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 95
30th May.
View attachment 1473227

Has she done her little tour?
What's on the VBI? Venison? Grouse? What, exactly does she think won't be available in deprived areas? The closest Asda to me is in one of the most deprived wards in the country and there's more choice in that supermarket than there is in my local Sainsbury's (not a deprived ward), mainly due to massive amounts of diversity in the ward next to mine. Jack really doesn't understand deprivation, she seems to think food deserts are in the most deprived areas when, largely, that's not true. The most deprived areas are usually in big cities where there isn't a lack of shops and supermarkets

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Did I have a fever dream or did Jack set up multiple sock accounts last night? And potentially even interact with herself using them?

Also, I was wondering whether, instead of a name Molly was a reference to a ... substance?
1. Yes
2. I've wondered the same thing

Reactions: 21
Pumbleing heck is this the VBI?

50D059C7-67C5-4552-AD68-4D222BB0D0DF.jpeg

Excellent forensic record keeping Marm. (Credit for photo)

It is best for her to never mention this again, if she tries to publish a sad little spreadsheet or photograph some pages with the weight of cheap meat in tins I will die of embarrassment for her.

Jack, I mither a lot. I have written silly poems inspired by your nonsense and imagainary phone calls between Old Harold and his wife, but I have enough goodwill towards you to say: DO NOT PUBLISH THE VBI.

• Haha
Reactions: 79
I’ve got “it’s another day of grunk” running through my head to the tune of Another Day of Sun from La La Land. I work part time in a school and am doing a degree, so am currently not doing much, even my daughter isn’t around this week as she’s doing her drama club’s summer course and I can’t keep up. God knows how busy fraus and herrs are managing. I just want to say a huge thank you to all the tireless canal members who are screenshotting everything on Twitter for us, and everyone who has been trawling through the archives to find old posts. Without the granular forensic (sorry) recording of Jack’s past emissions Molly and others would have far less material to prove the lies and grift.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Frankly, I'm now starting to wonder if you're all Jack. Have I spent the last two years talking to one woman in a bungalow?
My house is basically a (crappy) bungalow on stilts. But I can assure you I'm not Jack, or a demogorgon for that matter, seeing as I'm in the upside down.

The whole sock issue is truly an issue that needs addressing though. There's something seriously wrong with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Has any heard this. It’s a talk Jack gave and she sings to the poor fuckers. It’s completely bizarre. singing starts at about 37 mins. I didn’t listen to any of the rest tbh
Haaallpppp. Do I dare watch it? Jack honestly singing When I Needed a Neighbour? That's so cringe and top level delusional?

Messiah Complex Jack is the most terrifying Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.