Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's really saying she hasn't had time to finish the VBI because she's busy Tweeting 😅 how long will she drag this mythical document out for

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
I hope those bum-lickers at Radio 4 are watching all this. (Remember that terrible feature they did on her a few months back?) We did try to warn them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Jack is Gollum raging at TD's Sam for making something appetising instead of slop.

100%. The whole sorry tale would be vastly improved by Aragorn, too. Viggo Mortensen, can I interest you in another extremely long saga with protracted battles, a language entirely of its own, and the Eye of Sauron rebooted? Peter Jackson could direct.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Is it wrong that I read that in in my head in Rab C Nebitt’s voice?
No it'll make it much better than it actually is. Spoken Scots is a great thing but written on Twitter by some bore just saps the life out it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
40 minutes?

Can I ping by you over a few smol poundios? The work you are doing is invaluable, you are literally saving poors.
Thanks for the kind offer but I'm no grifter lol seriously though 4 hours? Ten years experience? 😳 what's she doing? She should have recipes at her fingertips. If only she'd written a book with them all in or something..

• Haha
  • Wow
Performative Scots Twitter is truly the pits.

We're on night three of a LOTR binge, watching the extended version of Return of the King. I've been watching orcs for about 7 years at this point.
That guy that plays the beardy wizard is in Edinburgh at the mo... he was in a restaurant my friend was
in and was...very nice

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I say this as someone who is married to a Scotsman 🔺 but what the duck is that all about? Who writes like that.
So apparently Scots is an actual language, which is why they're writing like that. It's not widely known.
Learned from a fb mum's group

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So apparently Scots is an actual language, which is why they're writing like that. It's not widely known.
They’re not speaking Scots in that tweet lovely. They’re just speaking colloquially.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
IF everyone were only contributing £1 per month, then of course she’d simply make the figures public on her Patreon account. Which is why I think we can be fairly confident the real figure is MUCH higher.
Yes agree. It is a lot more than £700 odd. Probably nearer 3k. For nothing. She can't reveal it for a couple of reasons - it would show she isn't poor and that she was lying about the 'most people pay £1' ridiculous nonsense. Poor and honest being her MO.

And not working on the VBI because she spends all her time on twitter is quite the admission.

Reactions: 55
She's really saying she hasn't had time to finish the VBI because she's busy Tweeting 😅 how long will she drag this mythical document out for
I really don't know what people are expecting to learn from it even if it appeared tomorrow? What are they hoping it's going to help with? I'm not sure they could answer that themselves actually. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I say this as someone who is married to a Scotsman 🔺 but what the duck is that all about? Who writes like that.
It’s more like really bad Yorkshire dialect poetry, if you read it in a Huddersfield way.
I can’t stop saying it 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
It IS...but it's not like that. Scots (like Doric) is very proper...clipped and neat. That poster is just trying to write how they talk

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.