Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t forget she can operate phones with her tongue too 👅📱
😅 Imagine if she had 7 friends round and they all had 2 phones, operating her sock accounts! How confusing would it get!😅

I'm spinning like one of those spinny spinny spinning things right now and I don't want to go to bed either, 'cause you baskets are going to fill 3 threads overnight, aren't you?:eek:

(Don't worry, that's just squash!😁)

PS I keep thinking your username is something exotic, like "ish-ant-e" - I have just this second realised it's I SHAN'T!!! OmG!🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I think Jack would need an exceptionally talented therapist. I strongly suspect she's astute enough to parrot what someone making progress should be saying. She's lying to herself as much as anyone else. All her AA speak rings hollow- it's just someone parroting what they think someone who had completed and fully understood a step would say.
Yes to all of this.

I’m fortunate enough to say I haven’t much of a clue about AA other than what fraus have been kind enough to share on here, but I believe this. I’ve felt a bit like it isn’t my place to say she isn’t sober because I don’t have those issues, addictions or awareness’s. However I truly don’t think she is living the life of someone who’s actively engaged in AA for the right reasons.
i have a friend who’s in AA. He is active AF, he is immersed in the 12 steps, he reads his book every day, he is a sponsor for someone, he shares little daily photos from his AA book (I’m sorry I don’t know what the book is called, but it has quite a meaningful passage for every day of the year) on his Instagram stories. He is into it.
he also drinks 0% lager if he is out. I don’t believe this means he isn’t sober. He is leading the life one would expect to see as an outsider. It isn’t for me to say how someone lives their lives, but she might be alcohol free but she is not sober, she is not engaged in the programme based on my limited experience of seeing someone who is, she is a blowhard Bragger who actually tweeted to half a million people that attendance at meetings increases on the basis of her bringing biscuits.
ETA: this smacks of someone with no awareness of the crisis points people get to before going to a meeting. Even I know that. I don’t think anyone is thinking ‘the meetings are anonymous, but I think I seen Jack Monroe going in there. I’m going to pretend to have a drink problem so I can go and get a biscuit off her’
How else does this make sense?
she’s got so much going on there. I don’t even think a therapist would know where to begin.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Hi Jack,

Why not just take some time away from Twitter, MN, tattle and Reditt? You’ve just had a big windfall, why not treat yourself? Put some in a savings account or perhaps a pre-loaded Go Henry if that’s more your thing. Go out and have a good time, buy some new clothes maybe a sideboard.

Sure you will have some interviews lined up after all of those jobs you applied for. Relax, prepare for those.

It might-be wise to consider your 10th anniversary grift your last begging rodeo. Enjoy the spoils and then try your hand at work.

Best Wishes
Internet mandolin (actually a sock for the fox who ate your hose)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I've spent all day catching up after a 4 day migraine. Bless you fraus.

At this rate I'd tolerate the same pain all over again if it meant she would REVEAL THE DAMN PATREON INCOME.
Can we have "reveal the damn patreon income " as the next thread title please?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
A couple of her recent Twitter likes. Is this the next ailment to be pulled out of the bag?

View attachment 1472946

And I'm spoilering this one.

GET FUCKED JACK. If you feel shite, go and help someone else.

Here is a link to local volunteering opportunities

Pick something, focus on the person/people you're helping.

Be humble and open to learning from experienced volunteers and staff. Don't look for asspats every ten minutes. Don't boast about everyone falling down in awe at you being the best ever. Head down, mouth shut, work.

Go home, count your blessings. Repeat until you feel better. SH1TTER.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Hi Jack,

Why not just take some time away from Twitter, MN, tattle and Reditt? You’ve just had a big windfall, why not treat yourself? Put some in a savings account or perhaps a pre-loaded Go Henry if that’s more your thing. Go out and have a good time, buy some new clothes maybe a sideboard.

Sure you will have some interviews lined up after all of those jobs you applied for. Relax, prepare for those.

It might-be wise to consider your 10th anniversary grift your last begging rodeo. Enjoy the spoils and then try your hand at work.

Best Wishes
Internet mandolin (actually a sock for the fox who ate your hose)
Hadn’t even thought about it being her ten year anniversary!! Ten years of lying and bleeping her life up because of it. She could have been well off and happy but instead she’s greedy and miserable and probably sick of being herself (well off tho)

Reactions: 41
If Superdrug decided to drop her ( and I think they already have) would they have to pay her anyway?
Why the heck did they take her on in the first place ? Don’t they look people up ?
I don’t go into Superdrug in my town. They have the rudest staff ever. I mean for 20 years. They have their own Facebook group where people tell of the horrors of buying cotton buds or something.
Cotton buds ?
Eew
And then they look pointedly at your ears.
I don’t know how it keeps going. Masochists I suppose.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
If Superdrug decided to drop her ( and I think they already have) would they have to pay her anyway?
Nope. I'll not 🔺️myself too much here, but any media partnership agreement I've ever seen has both clear SLAs and terms of engagement including getouts for poor performance, negative impact etc, but also a "without prejudice" break clause where they can terminate after a fixed minimum period and pay pro rata up to that point. So yeah, someone in Superdrug's media team and their agency are probably looking at this right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I’m so confused as to who are socks, who are flying monkeys , and who are sock monkeys .
717AF303-03DB-417E-B001-B0CD02D4DD8C.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 84
You’ve just had a big windfall, why not treat yourself?
You are a knowledgeable mandolin. I just scanned my shiny adhd brain for 'Jack recent windfall' and came up blank. Is this referring to the patreon? Did a rich aunt DIE? Send brainos

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Yes to all of this.

I’m fortunate enough to say I haven’t much of a clue about AA other than what fraus have been kind enough to share on here, but I believe this. I’ve felt a bit like it isn’t my place to say she isn’t sober because I don’t have those issues, addictions or awareness’s. However I truly don’t think she is living the life of someone who’s actively engaged in AA for the right reasons.
i have a friend who’s in AA. He is active AF, he is immersed in the 12 steps, he reads his book every day, he is a sponsor for someone, he shares little daily photos from his AA book (I’m sorry I don’t know what the book is called, but it has quite a meaningful passage for every day of the year) on his Instagram stories. He is into it.
he also drinks 0% lager if he is out. I don’t believe this means he isn’t sober. He is leading the life one would expect to see as an outsider. It isn’t for me to say how someone lives their lives, but she might be alcohol free but she is not sober, she is not engaged in the programme based on my limited experience of seeing someone who is, she is a blowhard Bragger who actually tweeted to half a million people that attendance at meetings increases on the basis of her bringing biscuits.
ETA: this smacks of someone with no awareness of the crisis points people get to before going to a meeting. Even I know that. I don’t think anyone is thinking ‘the meetings are anonymous, but I think I seen Jack Monroe going in there. I’m going to pretend to have a drink problem so I can go and get a biscuit off her’
How else does this make sense?
she’s got so much going on there. I don’t even think a therapist would know where to begin.

this is such a BRILLIANT analysis, and another reason why jack’s entire philosophy is damaging to the way people perceive recovery. substance recovery is not just getting rid of the substance, its about acknowledging the behaviour it caused, by reconciling those who suffered as a result, and changing your mindset entirely to stop living the way you did before.

jack isn’t sober. she’s an alcoholic who doesn’t drink anymore. not a single part of her is recovered or even wants to recover, she just stopped drinking and thought “ah yes, my work here is done! for my next trick i will continue to hurt everyone while pretending i am recovered and being a walking billboard for aa while not really following any of their philosophies besides not drinking!”

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
If you’d subscribed to her at £44 a month for 2 years you’d have:
24 photos for your wall of food photography
240 art postcards
Signed books
24 discount codes for a website which hasn’t worked in years
Unspecified amount of double sided recipe cards

I bet they’re glad she doesn’t do anything with it. Imagine the space that’d take up in a sideboard?

• Haha
Reactions: 70
This last few days have been beyond my wildest (burglar bill) dreams, but do you know what would get me spraying the Moët everywhere?

A real life character from the Jackiverse entering stage right. I'm manifesting RN. There is SO much T on her... Come on universe!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
If only you could adjust the Patreon settings to show your earnings. That would clear up all this unpleasantness.
Exactly this. Just do it FGS! Put us all in our places. The fact it’s not a £1 tier for each supporter is pretty obvious now. I would say it’s far higher than any of us believe it to be.

Reactions: 37
Frankly, I'm now starting to wonder if you're all Jack. Have I spent the last two years talking to one woman in a bungalow?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 116
Yes, it is curious that she pretends the Patreon brings her a pittance that "doesn't even cover the rent and bills" (lol) than say look, you know what, I need and really depend on that money to get by. Surely that stance alone would have people back off a little, if she promised to actually start sending out the rewards, that is.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.