Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally agree.

You’ve just made me realise, she would never hand over her Twitter in any capacity to SB (thankfully), or anyone else*.

She seriously has a disturbing relationship with Twitter. Think about it, she’s mentioned it so much in so many interviews etc.
I bet she must have felt so much better when she was off it for a good long while last summer, but it’s like she’s back to square one now.

*apart from the “brill” tweets.
I was rereading the thread where she visited here. What struck me was that awful as she was then, she’s a hundred times worse now. She really believes she’s the opposition and deserves money and to be kowtowed to. She’s been so indulged and lauded by people who should know better her head is totally carried away.

• Wow
Reactions: 58
I remember when there was only about one chaos a week and it was about a terrible Christmas dinner or some embroidery in an apartment hotel. It was all fields round here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104
Totally agree.

You’ve just made me realise, she would never hand over her Twitter in any capacity to SB (thankfully), or anyone else*.

She seriously has a disturbing relationship with Twitter. Think about it, she’s mentioned it so much in so many interviews etc.
I bet she must have felt so much better when she was off it for a good long while last summer, but it’s like she’s back to square one now.

Actually, that could be her best course of action right this minute (Hi Jack!). Hand it over to someone with a calm, clear mind, who won't just snipe back at people, who can answer rationally (rather than Jack who I imagine has steam coming out of her ears right now) and hopefully she'll come out of this with a smidgeon of pride.

Honestly, Jack, save your sanity and your soul and do the right thing - step back and take some time off! You have a child who you are supposed to be spending time with - is what people say on Twitter seriously more important than him? Really?
You can't fight every single person on Twitter regardless of how many silly accounts you make for yourself.
You've had extra money this week - use it and take a holiday (just don't pretend you need it for your rent). Go well, pal.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
What I don't understand is..... WHY doesn't she just do a sodding patreon post, even once a month?!!
The squigs would lap it up because they're in all honesty (mainly) quite pathetic, and then at least she can argue about how she's not taking money for nothing.
Is it laziness? Entitlement? The fact she literally has nothing to offer?!
Both laziness and entitlement. She is just laughing at them really.
At this point I wonder if she genuinely believes all her own lies (and therefore is not lying! It’s all true!)
Actually that’s an example of a lie she can’t wriggle out of - she promises goods for money and doesn’t deliver. That’s a lie. You think it would be eating her up inside what with the honestyautism.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
This thread is too much to keep up with tender ones. This is obviously the number one chaos of all time. It may even be better than 31.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Guys...
I wanted to get screenshots of the account being deleted... it's back... Jack is clearly in a worse place than I thought. Why is no one helping her?

The data leak is available to torrent, but it’s so old there’s no one seeding it - literally haven’t done this in a decade+ so no idea but going in for the ninnies - possibly may need new macbookios after this.
How old would the data be? I guess it would give a snapshot from then

Reactions: 30
What I don't understand is..... WHY doesn't she just do a sodding patreon post, even once a month?!!
The squigs would lap it up because they're in all honesty (mainly) quite pathetic, and then at least she can argue about how she's not taking money for nothing.
Is it laziness? Entitlement? The fact she literally has nothing to offer?!
I thought it might be so she doesn’t have to declare it as ‘earnings’ because she’s done sweet fa to ‘earn’ it?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Hello Fraus!! Here I am! I am emerging from lurking to celebrate finally grunking to real time in this incredible ULTIMATE CHAOS!! I have abandoned all other threads I watch, an ongoing forensic historical survey of the Stephen Bear threads from the start and tv programmes to reach this glorious present.

It has been a pure delight to experience the jokes, references, thoughtful sharing and jaunty images of the canal over the last few days - chapeau to all. I see further messages have been posted so I am once again behind. Back to disbelieving frantic reading while softly, gently suppressing snorts and titters lest my OH (i have one) realises what a massive petty gossip hound I am.

i am begging you - walrux. Just try it.
There’s a………Stephen Bear thread?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
It's like it's her conversation sounding board. Having pushed away everyone around her she doesn't seem to have normal friendships to fill her free time with and so she just throws her random thoughts at twitter without thinking.....much as you would in conversation with a friend...spending too much time alone is part of her downfall I fear...there aren't enough people or real life experiences around her to keep her grounded in any way
Ugh yes. I think that really explains all the potential sock accounts too.

IF the one we really think is Jack is her ( the debating one), to me it looked like she was using it today to “test out” arguments in her defence, to see how people would respond.

• Sad
Reactions: 45
Longtime lurker checking in to ask whether she was paying herself national minimum wage for those 100 hours a week she reckons she works - grossing nearly £50k a year - and that's why HMRC went begging for so long?

#bigmaffs
I can't remember the exact number, but she claimed living wage x 40 (ish? less?) hours, absolutely not the number of hours she claims to work.

Reactions: 29
Totally agree.

I think her addiction to Twitter is much more serious than her alcohol addiction. If serious help is needed anywhere it’s here.
I wasn’t around these threads at the time of DKL but recall Fraus saying even on live tv she could be seen on her phone. Could you imagine her not doing that at an AA meeting?
i imagine as soon as it isn’t her chance to speak she’s having a quick flick.
it’s telling that when she went to Venice and Dordrecht she wasn’t on her phone. I assume Harold must have politely asked her to give it a bleeping rest.
genuine, no sarcasm intended, question here: is there anywhere similar to AA/NA for people who have social media addictions? I think she needs help for this. Genuinely.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
I mean you’d just delete Twitter wouldn’t you? She’s having nukes launched at her from all sides and is just merrily posting away with all her socks.

• Haha
Reactions: 68
Is it laziness? Entitlement? The fact she literally has nothing to offer?
All three. What I can’t understand is why people continue to subscribe despite the fact they’re getting sweet FA for their money. Not only that, her memberships are continuing to rise.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
If anyone wants to take a break from Jack's chaos and head over to Insta, Tracie Morrissey is going into an internet deep dive on 'comedian' Dane Cook and I'm here for it. Exactly up our street.

She did a cracking thread on Hilaria Baldwin back in the day, as well as Jameela Jamil. She's kinda brilliant.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I was rereading the thread where she visited here. What struck me was that awful as she was then, she’s a hundred times worse now. She really believes she’s the opposition and deserves money and to be kowtowed to. She’s been so indulged and lauded by people who should know better her head is totally carried away.
Not a single one of her fans have been remotely kind to her. They've encouraged and enabled her worst behaviour every step of the way and they'll be the first to distance themselves if the tit really hits the fan. I honestly think I'd spit at Nigella if I saw her in real life.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I think her addiction to Twitter is much more serious than her alcohol addiction. If serious help is needed anywhere it’s here.
I wasn’t around these threads at the time of DKL but recall Fraus saying even on live tv she could be seen on her phone. Could you imagine her not doing that at an AA meeting?
i imagine as soon as it isn’t her chance to speak she’s having a quick flick.
it’s telling that when she went to Venice and Dordrecht she wasn’t on her phone. I assume Harold must have politely asked her to give it a bleeping rest.
genuine, no sarcasm intended, question here: is there anywhere similar to AA/NA for people who have social media addictions? I think she needs help for this. Genuinely.
Well she had the phone on a tripod to take selfies. While pretending to be Harold

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.