Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember the poor bee lady who was eviscerated by the FMs and promptly blocked by Jack for asking a polite question about Patreon?

I really hope she didn't leave twitter, because in a way I feel that she inadvertently helped to set this in motion. She needs to see it!

• Heart
Reactions: 67
i genuinely don't think it is jack, but whoever they are, i think they're regretting trying to duck with us!

20220804_203851.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Remember the poor bee lady who was eviscerated by the FMs and promptly blocked by Jack for asking a polite question about Patreon?

I really hope she didn't leave twitter, because in a way I feel that she inadvertently helped to set this in motion. She needs to see it!
Her last tweets were on 5th July which seems pretty normal for her, she's not a massive tweeter but I so hope she comes back in time to catch this.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
EF263BB8-9A22-4815-AA7F-D630CA8C9101.jpeg

I just read this week’s popbitch and saw this (“the wrong sort of lentils”) in the header and I was like

OH MY CHRIST IT’S HAPPENING *insert Steve Carrell in The Office gif*

Anyway it’s about a band’s festival rider which was devastating to be frank.

Popbitch, if you’re watching… we have the receipts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Mr Mr Krabs: You’re very quiet tonight. What are you reading online?
Me: Oh err, nothing. Just political sites.
My phone:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
Today must have been the hardest she has worked since forever. It’s not like just topping up the grift and taking time to have a good smug snigger whilst ordering food online.
She’s worried. Good. Not as much as so many people are with the increase in fuel bills. That is a real crisis to face this winter.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Ooh. Lovely. Is Jack here? Great.

Jack. I just want you to know that even if, as you say, 'most' of your patrons only pay £1/month you are still making pretty much the same as apprentices per month. We could argue that apprentices aren't paid enough, but that's another issue for another time.

There are thousands of people, many of them young adults who have just left school, who are working their arses off to earn money and learn. Many are prepared to take the hit of a low wage because they have their eyes on the prize of a good career, where they work hard, earn honest money and make a good life for themselves. Some will have had to start earning to support their families. Some will be care leavers. Hopefully the outcome will be the same for these people too.

While you are trying to weasel your way out of a patreon 'income' that you can perfectly well disclose if you wish. And as far as anyone can see, you aren't providing anything for that money. Shame on you.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
View attachment 1472690
I just read this week’s popbitch and saw this (“the wrong sort of lentils”) in the header and I was like

While I’d love to see her in Popbitch, didn’t Jack’s Twitter pal Caitlin Moran have something to do with the site in the early days? Seems like the sort of site that would see Jack as one of their own and protect her.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
View attachment 1472690

I was just coming back to say how excited and then saddened I was by PopBitch landing in my inbox. The lentil-teasers.
that said Jack probably isn’t important enough.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Jack has deleted the 3 Fs mantra she posted at 5pm.
I had just settled in to reading the quote tweets.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.