Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

But it isn't the original.
" Reblogged – as what was supposed to be a frustration at the ready meal industry didn’t seem to come across that way to all of my readers – and I apologise if anyone was offended. "

I might be simple

Typo of the year!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I see the damage limitation reinforcement is going well. 🤷‍♀️
The sock accounts, frantically searching for arguments, tagging people who have blocked YOU? Which PR agent advised that this special social media operation was the one to deploy?
Sack 'em!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
But until we bring home economics back into schools, or somehow commit to teaching people basic cooking skills, people will go on entrusting their health and nutrition to multinational conglomerate organisations that couldn’t give a flying fig about anything other than their profit margins. And people will pick up those 77p lasagne meals, convinced that they have a bargain.

Lee was right up her niche, no wonder she got angry!

• Haha
Reactions: 61

But it isn't the original.
" Reblogged – as what was supposed to be a frustration at the ready meal industry didn’t seem to come across that way to all of my readers – and I apologise if anyone was offended. "
So all the tories who’ve said that it’s the fault of poor people that they’re fat and broke and they just need cooking lessons are awful people, but when Jack says it it’s cool. Riiiiiight.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
"They use them as places to harbour all of the trimmings and ugly things that you absolutely wouldn’t buy from a supermarket shelf in their natural state (testicles, eyeballs, horse, chicken pumped with water and bread full of chemicals, and sweeteners that are used as a chemical weapon in some quantities) "

A bit like the sausages you feed your son, you grifting stinkapple.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 92

This is Dawn Foster's piece on the impact Grenfell had on her - I read it for the first time yesterday and can't stop thinking about it. Her original piece on the fire for Jacobin is also utterly brilliant, Jack Monroe has had many despicable lows but that piece on Grenfell has to be one of the lowest.
Dawn Foster forever (& whenever I see Rhianna Pratchett vapidlybeing kind to Jack Monroe on Twitter, I find saying "if I've heard of yer da, I don't need to hear from you” makes me feel better)
Dawn was a friend of a friend of mine 💔 Funnily enough I also know the bloke who owned/sold the house Rihanna P presumably lives in now. Let’s just say she lives very well on her dads money…!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
Spending a beautiful summer evening on a thread monitoring a cook as she role-plays a fan of herself? Sure, why not

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Mummy really does work
Mummy had a tidy up.

Wheres her family, this chaos is all over SM. If she was my daughter, she’d be bundled into the car and home never mind what she’d did. If she wouldn’t come, I’d be there with her whether she wanted me or not.
She needs professional help and they need to help her get it.
Is this how middle class families behave? I honestly don’t know. I do know this isn’t how my family behaves.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
From a post on that old 2013 thread
"I'm just genuinely confused as to how she can be smugly telling everyone about how well she eats on £10 per week, yet is quoted elsewhere as saying how she relied on food banks because it wasn't enough."

I guess not much has changed in almost 10 years, except now it's £20

• Heart
Reactions: 71
From MN:

"She's edited this particular post by removing the

"Your kids aren't fat because you're poor. I could make your kids thinner and you financially better off, but you have to be willing to make the effort to learn?'

and thrown in a fairly defensive comment to boot. Not sure what's caused this, but clearly she is rethinking her position on this."

from a time when Jack was still able to learn.
Is that quote in any of the archived versions?

Maybe that's her THAT MAN origin story, he got up in her niche!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I still haven't processed Jack being busted tbh. Her departure/the Pumble thread/the Venice reveal feels like yesterday!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Surprised we haven't had Jack's hot take on the interest rate rise and forecasters saying inflation is going to reach 13% in the autumn yet. That would be a nice distraction technique for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Blimey that thread has posted The Patreon income for John Sweeney ( who I think is brilliant, was recently in Ukraine reporting, bloke put his life on the line, deserves the support in my book ) as he has full transparency on his Patreon, Know he has double Jacks’ subscribers but I think she may well get higher subs per person than him. Reckon we may have underestimated her monthly subs, like someone else said earlier, I wouldn’t be surprised if Jack was rinsing £5k plus….where it’s going, no idea….spoons ? but I think her income is substantial with the tip jar etc as well. Jack is never revealing these numbers, honestly I think we’d be gobsmacked.

012CCB31-03CD-4CB4-AE89-0E88E1D038CC.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.