Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know why she’s bothering to try to defend herself. Unless she’s willing to do the right thing and make her “earnings” transparent, all she can do is nitpick little half-defences of certain things which just makes her look doubly disingenuous. She’d be better off keeping quiet and distracting herself by playing with Content (remember your dog, Jack) and going to AA meetings (remember those Jack?). But she just can’t keep herself off Twitter.
She’s fighting for her financial life. She’d be far better taking professional advice . Although I imagine they’d start by telling her to give everything back since the beg blog and she is never going to do that. They’d also tell her to make everything transparent (tee mill, pay pal donations for the court case, patreon). She’s never going to do that either.
She is fuvked

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
Kids the forum that shall not be named have found the thread calling out Jack’s blog about childhood obesity. I’ve tried to find it archived but can’t - if anyone is cleverer than me they might want to take a look 👀👀👀

I have achieved nothing today. Nothing. I feel like Jack.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 94
Tell him he is a bit honky & send him off for a shower. :LOL:
Great idea! I’ll tell him we are now so poor he cannot leave the bathroom until he’s mastered the ancient alchemy of turning run of the mill value soap into purest shower gel
6C33B4E3-93C1-4572-9D6A-C513101FACBC.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Over time:

Tee Mill
Patreon
Ko-Fi
PayPal
Collaborations
Ad income from old blog
Affiliate links
Writing fees
Magazine recipe fees
Speaking fees
Book advances and any royalties
TV show appearances
Adverts
Court case compensation

There's only one way you spaff away this amount of money and it involves drugs, alcohol, compulsive spending and possibly gambling too (I have my suspicions). Spend it on what you like PAL but don't bleeping pretend you're downsizing because you can't earn enough to afford your life. You have been given an amazing platform upon which to consolidate your career and it's gone tits up because of YOUR actions
That thing she did with twitter would have been 2-4k per tweet with her engagement and follower count. I’m surprised she doesn’t do more like that tbf I guess she’s too lazy to seek out collaborators/the food industry hates her.

Reactions: 35
She will never tell about her income. She’s denying, denying any kind of responsibility for it. As far as she is concerned it’s hers, because people choose to give and that’s it. This could go on forever because squigs in the cult will never be able to believe what’s in front of their faces and even if she told they would still give. Some might drop away but it’s in her interest to protect the income she has.
It’s all been a scam, she knows it. We know it. She’s guarding her dollar.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Remember the Tinder profile and Jack Monroe stated she liked country music. She'd be wise to take note of Keith Whitley right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
From MN:

"She's edited this particular post by removing the

"Your kids aren't fat because you're poor. I could make your kids thinner and you financially better off, but you have to be willing to make the effort to learn?'

and thrown in a fairly defensive comment to boot. Not sure what's caused this, but clearly she is rethinking her position on this."

from a time when Jack was still able to learn.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 79
Jack has just tweeted this. - ETA already deleted

Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 19.20.25.png

Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 19.15.45.png

Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 19.15.54.png

In response to this
Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 19.15.59.png

We've all been a big suss about the above squig so interesting that she's picked this one to respond to

• Wow
Reactions: 62
Has she ever called out people for not paying their tax, corporations, celebs or just the well off? That contradiction, if it exists, would upset a great many people.
Screenshot 2022-08-04 19.15.44.png

There is this, where she informs us that every single one of us pays taxes in some form and this subsides MPs. Presumably the taxes MPs pay don't count.*

*I will add I do think MP's perks are excessive but Jack can't have it both ways. Either we all pay taxes in some form or we don't.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
From MN:

"She's edited this particular post by removing the

"Your kids aren't fat because you're poor. I could make your kids thinner and you financially better off, but you have to be willing to make the effort to learn?'

and thrown in a fairly defensive comment to boot. Not sure what's caused this, but clearly she is rethinking her position on this."

from a time when Jack was still able to learn.
Being served something Jack made on the regular would make you thinner but probably not in a very healthy way.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
View attachment 1472380

There is this, where she informs us that every single one of us pays taxes in some form and this subsides MPs. Presumably the taxes MPs pay don't count.*

*I will add I do think MP's perks are excessive but Jack can't have it both ways. Either we all pay taxes in some form or we don't.
Jack gets up before dawn for a free HoP lunch. They must be proper tasty.

• Haha
Reactions: 39

This is Dawn Foster's piece on the impact Grenfell had on her - I read it for the first time yesterday and can't stop thinking about it. Her original piece on the fire for Jacobin is also utterly brilliant, Jack Monroe has had many despicable lows but that piece on Grenfell has to be one of the lowest.
Dawn Foster forever (& whenever I see Rhianna Pratchett vapidlybeing kind to Jack Monroe on Twitter, I find saying "if I've heard of yer da, I don't need to hear from you” makes me feel better)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
Kids the forum that shall not be named have found the thread calling out Jack’s blog about childhood obesity. I’ve tried to find it archived but can’t - if anyone is cleverer than me they might want to take a look 👀👀👀

But it isn't the original.
" Reblogged – as what was supposed to be a frustration at the ready meal industry didn’t seem to come across that way to all of my readers – and I apologise if anyone was offended. "

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Oh what a day this has been! Lost the whole afternoon to actual work but this catch up has been amazing. I cannot believe that Jack is so obviously using this sock. 😂
My 3pm client phoned me from what sounded like a pub with some cock and bull story about babysitting. I could have danced a jig.

ETA: It occurs to me - what if he's a frau too?

• Haha
Reactions: 91

Here you go dear heart:

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.