Jack Monroe #350 Can you crochet a web of lies?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my god the make up! I’m sorry if that will cause any offence but all I can think of is Amber Heard and donating vs pledging etc etc 🤐

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I think the accidental for sale sign is my favourite lie. Absolute classic.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
Still trying to catch up as the kids are on holiday and need entertaining 🙄 but laughing so hard at saying she won’t give the thread oxygen ….but doing a Twitter thread about it 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Who'd have thought that The Big Reveal turned out not to be Jack's begging blog, but Molly's thread using Jack's own words. Ironic.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
She's being so much quieter than usual isn't she ninnies. Like Bobby Fischer, considering her next move.

It's actually not that obvious what her next move should be. If I were her, I'd see several options, but they all have drawbacks:

1. Try to style it out and come back after 24 hours with the usual weak banter about favourite Oreo flavours / easter egg brands, generally act as if nothing's happened. Drawback: people will keep asking questions and making criticisms, and it will look bad to let them go unanswered.
2. Address Molly in more detail, explaining why their thread was 'false' and 'abusive'. Drawback: really hard to refute your own words, or to claim that everything's been faked. She could argue that the Twitter screenies have been faked (athough quite hard to claim this about tweets which many others will recall seeing), harder to do with an archived WaPo article or a podcast made by someone else.
3. Announce her retirement from grifting campaigning. Drawback is that this may come with refund demands from Patreon supporters. Can she afford to do this given that the Patreon money has likely all been spent over years of impulsive spending decisions?
4. DFE and go dark. Drawback is that Jack is physically unable to lie live without Twitter attention and seems not to have IRL friends.
5. Do a chaos or have a Jaccident. But people are increasingly wise to this deflection activity.

She's actually not in an easy position. If she'd been called out four or five years ago, she'd have had more options, but her behaviour has just continued becoming ever more outlandish and rapacious, the lies have got stupider, and she has backed herself further and further into a corner.

I hate the phrase 'you have no one to blame but yourself' as it's so often used to shame people who are victims of bad circs and vulnerability. But in jack's case, I can't really think of a phrase that is more apt.
1 or 5. Maybe a slight possibility of 2, using bad mentals as an excuse for the inconsistencies.

Reactions: 30
The thing that stands out like a neon sign, and that her fans and herself seem to totally disregard, is the fact that if she was any good at any of it, (the cooking, inventing recipes, tv presenting, writing books, political activism etc) she wouldn’t be in this position, she’d be earning a crust doing what she’s good at. Look at John Waite, Nadiyah, Ruby Tandoh etc. look at he of the slender penis OJ. ( a Pratt but he’s making a living) look at the non-celebrities/non entity ex reality stars who are making a crust. The truth is she has no charisma, no skill set. She’s too arrogant to learn, she’s been there done that. Imagine her clocking on for her first shift as a tenner an hour care assistant, or even a kitchen role. She wouldn’t last five minutes.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
She's being so much quieter than usual isn't she ninnies. Like Bobby Fischer, considering her next move.

It's actually not that obvious what her next move should be. If I were her, I'd see several options, but they all have drawbacks:

1. Try to style it out and come back after 24 hours with the usual weak banter about favourite Oreo flavours / easter egg brands, generally act as if nothing's happened. Drawback: people will keep asking questions and making criticisms, and it will look bad to let them go unanswered.
2. Address Molly in more detail, explaining why their thread was 'false' and 'abusive'. Drawback: really hard to refute your own words, or to claim that everything's been faked. She could argue that the Twitter screenies have been faked (athough quite hard to claim this about tweets which many others will recall seeing), harder to do with an archived WaPo article or a podcast made by someone else.
3. Announce her retirement from grifting campaigning. Drawback is that this may come with refund demands from Patreon supporters. Can she afford to do this given that the Patreon money has likely all been spent over years of impulsive spending decisions?
4. DFE and go dark. Drawback is that Jack is physically unable to lie live without Twitter attention and seems not to have IRL friends.
5. Do a chaos or have a Jaccident. But people are increasingly wise to this deflection activity.

She's actually not in an easy position. If she'd been called out four or five years ago, she'd have had more options, but her behaviour has just continued becoming ever more outlandish and rapacious, the lies have got stupider, and she has backed herself further and further into a corner.

I hate the phrase 'you have no one to blame but yourself' as it's so often used to shame people who are victims of bad circs and vulnerability. But in jack's case, I can't really think of a phrase that is more apt.
This takes me back to parallel universe Jack, who was savvy enough to see the amazing opportunity she'd been handed and is a low key but competent budget cook/campaigner. Not a millionaire but making a nice living. Instead we got griftesaurus. I think more than anything it's the total waste that infuriates me. I think she'll just end up grifting from a smaller and smaller group of squigs until it all grinds to a halt.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
This takes me back to parallel universe Jack, who was savvy enough to see the amazing opportunity she'd been handed and is a low key but competent budget cook/campaigner. Not a millionaire but making a nice living. Instead we got griftesaurus. I think more than anything it's the total waste that infuriates me. I think she'll just end up grifting from a smaller and smaller group of squigs until it all grinds to a halt.
Hopefully someone from GMTV, The Guardian and any brands foolish enough to be thinking about using Jack will have seen the recent chaos and have second thoughts 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Her USP is poverty so she daren’t admit she’s not on the bones of her arse if she thinks she’ll lose all cred. Also, she doesn’t want to turn down all these thousands of free pounds plopping into her account every month like the magic money fairy.

She’s a greedy, inconsistent liar. I wouldn’t even say she’s smart with all these receipts fluttering about everywhere. She can’t even lie honestly.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Just popped on too see if she had said anything. Who bets Sb has stolen the chargers? Dont come at me though, just leave your bet and HAVE ANICE DAY!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She's trending and a BBC business reporter is following Molly's account as is Merlin Griffiths from First Dates!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 85
She’s really between a rock and a hard place now. Can’t properly deny the tweets but can’t really sit and take it either.

Silence followed by claims of a breakdown is my bet, she’s crumbing that in her response about PTSD etc.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Are we able to screenshot from MN? There is a proper takedown (which is actually positive too) on there

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Fraus, she's trending!

Sketch.png

(Artist Taxi Driver is the one that she bought the tit cat painting from). (also please ignore my random tabs 😂)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.