Jack Monroe #350 Can you crochet a web of lies?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
IMG_20220802_220254.jpg

Also, it doesn't have anything to do with Jack being nonbinary or hanging onto Marcus Rashford's coat-tails and everything to do with Jack writing a lengthy pity party post and then hinting at the end that she needs money but actually no just give the money to the TT but actually yes it's haaaard making terrible recipes and having public meltdowns so please actually give me your pocket money. The fact that people are using the "it's because Jack is nonbinary!" attack is ridiculous - as if Jack Monroe is the only nonbinary person to have ever existed and if anyone has any bone to pick with them then it's solely based on their gender identity and not how rancid Jack is as a human being. But I guess blue ticks really don't have brains to think with.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 109
View attachment 1467064
Shaking in my shoes here
The I-typed-my-book-on-a-Nokia-3310 fib is one of the most ridiculous. She landed a book contract with Penguin, no less. If she didn't have access to a computer, she could've a) bought one with the advance or b) asked Penguin and they would've bought or lent her one.

When I was still at uni, I did a six-month internship for a small non-fiction / academic publishing house, and they had at least four spare laptops for authors to borrow if their computer broke down, for instance, and wanted to carry on writing. And this was in 2005, even the most simple laptops were still quite expensive then.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Sorry a boring post again but just tweaking that date range to past 30 days and you can see search volume is kicking off over this, this is her most searched for day in a month. The most searched for query is wrt tattle, recipes only receive 40% the search vol of us…

E7767A67-4117-407A-B76A-2AB03ABC9868.jpeg

FBCFA4FD-787B-4C6B-BF40-D8CA796C7AF7.jpeg

Going back 90 days you see the peak around the CoL stuff, this is about half this but yikes, the potential! RIP ur brand deals Jackie 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
View attachment 1467267

Also, it doesn't have anything to do with Jack being nonbinary or hanging onto Marcus Rashford's coat-tails and everything to do with Jack writing a lengthy pity party post and then hinting at the end that she needs money but actually no just give the money to the TT but actually yes it's haaaard making terrible recipes and having public meltdowns so please actually give me your pocket money. The fact that people are using the "it's because Jack is nonbinary!" attack is ridiculous - as if Jack Monroe is the only nonbinary person to have ever existed and if anyone has any bone to pick with them then it's solely based on their gender identity and not how rancid Jack is as a human being. But I guess blue ticks really don't have brains to think with.
Jack is being criticised for being a liar and a scrounger, neither of which have anything to do with her gender. Natasha might want to reflect that it's actually quite harmful to make false allegations of bigotry. People experiencing prejudice and less favourable treatment already face an uphill battle to defend their right to equal treatment. Feeding the myth that people routinely exploit protected characteristics for personal gain is a sign that Natasha should probably spend a bit of time examining her own prejudices.

• Heart
Reactions: 88
I only check the Jack threads occasionally as they move too fast, but today is a great day and I am here for this.

Thank you all for making me laugh out loud.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I didn’t know she wasn’t vaccinated, that doesn’t really fit with either her lefty or disabled posturing. I’m not sure what KCC is though, unless it’s Kent County Council, do my local council keep a list of unvaccinated smol pixies I wonder?

i can confirm i am not kent county council

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 93
The weather here is iffy the kids have build some sort of den in the lounge and left me to pair odd socks. ( notsurewhyitsgreatcraic)

Even if she does manage to deflect from that thread this time around, it could result in her future tales being taken with a huge pinch of salt. Wont that damage her brand and work?

She would honestly be better donating the monies gained from the blog(publicly, this is the one time when i dont mind seeing her name up in lights) and properly seeking help.

Its been two weeks into the summer here and my kids have not stopped, i sincerely doubt sb has done very much at all and that is sad, a littlw tiny part of me was hopeful she would have taken her own words to heart and actually had fun with him.
Naaa he’s better off with his dad, friends and siblings

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Imagine having access to 3 therapists on speed dial, having the privilege to afford a stay in a rehab facility and all the opportunity to really work at a career (along with taking courses on how to present) and yet never actually getting anywhere. I understand mental health isn’t linear but Jesus Christ I can’t help feeling that many people would hugely benefit having the help she has been given.

Plus she spoiled her brexit vote therefore complicit in creating the sh1t it’s done.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 61
A now deceased relative of mine once went up to the actress who played Morag in Take the High Road to inform her her husband on the programme was having it off with someone else. There was definitely something similar wrong with them but I'm not sure what. All I can tell you is that they used to hoard gents slacks and Barcardi.
And let us not forget that when Arthur Fowler, (late of Walford) nicked the Christmas Club money to pay for Michelle and Lofty’s wedding, people sent money to Albert Square c/o the BBC for him. Not sure if they sent slacks and/or Bacardi though.

One for the older canalers, but “Gents slacks” always makes me think of this dashing chap
2F2D2842-37FC-45BF-ABE6-2B8C730AD047.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
'If you're not feeding me, bleeping me, funding me ...'

Wtaf? o_O

Something tells me Nigella Lawson might soon regret weighing in to defend this sort of tweeting. I mean, who the hell with any sort of decency about them writes stuff like that on a public forum?

She needs help. And soon.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 75
The I-typed-my-book-on-a-Nokia-3310 fib is one of the most ridiculous. She landed a book contract with Penguin, no less. If she didn't have access to a computer, she could've a) bought one with the advance or b) asked Penguin and they would've bought or lent her one.

When I was still at uni, I did a six-month internship for a small non-fiction / academic publishing house, and they had at least four spare laptops for authors to borrow if their computer broke down, for instance, and wanted to carry on writing. And this was in 2005, even the most simple laptops were still quite expensive then.
I thought the Nokia was for filling out job applications and err, I looked it up and came across this absolute wtf of a blog post. Trigger warning for mentions of rape and the uncensored N word. I mean I know she’s quoting a message but JESUS. Use the *****s Jack.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
Sorry a boring post again but just tweaking that date range to past 30 days and you can see search volume is kicking off over this, this is her most searched for day in a month. The most searched for query is wrt tattle, recipes only receive 40% the search vol of us…

View attachment 1467279
View attachment 1467280

Going back 90 days you see the peak around the CoL stuff, this is about half this but yikes, the potential! RIP ur brand deals Jackie 🥰
Wow, is Nasa propelling that search volume? It's like a rocket launch and I hope it continues! Molly for the Sloppies award 👏 ✨ 🙌

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Jack is being criticised for being a liar and a scrounger, neither of which have anything to do with her gender. Natasha might want to reflect that it's actually quite harmful to make false allegations of bigotry. People experiencing prejudice and less favourable treatment already face an uphill battle to defend their right to equal treatment. Feeding the myth that people routinely exploit protected characteristics for personal gain is a sign that Natasha should probably spend a bit of time examining her own prejudices.
Exactly, we could argue that anyone who levels criticism against the canal hates women/people of colour/trans people/etc but just because someone has that characteristic, doesn't mean they're suddenly immune from criticism and it's demeaning to assume that Jack's whole identity is being nonbinary and that their personality is nothing beyond that and that they should be coddled for it. This is, like, Sesame Street level of deductive reasoning and yet some people still have trouble with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
And let us not forget that when Arthur Fowler, (late of Walford) nicked the Christmas Club money to pay for Michelle and Lofty’s wedding, people sent money to Albert Square c/o the BBC for him. Not sure if they sent slacks and/or Bacardi though.

One for the older canalers, but “Gents slacks” always makes me think of this dashing chap
View attachment 1467285
I had SUCH a crush on Paul Nicholas.

(And the fox from Robin Hood...)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I'm so late to the party. Never have I wanted more to dump my kids in summer school but, alas, I've been out with them all day.

Couple of points I gleamed from the last thread (and this will probably close before I catch up, sigh) - somebody said "Good lord, the lies" and all I could think was "Jack Monroe, Lord of the lies." (Probably been done before, I'm sure.)

Also, I'm so excited to read in this future thread that The News Of The World has been resurrected and they're doing a front page head-line, double page spread exposé on Jack!! Or something just as good 🤞🤞🤞

Your coverage so far had been 👩‍🍳 💋 x

I'm going in!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

View attachment 1467285
Jack should watch some vintage Eastenders I think she might find Arthur's Christmas Club catastrophe and how he got his life back on track quite helpful as she looks to the future.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.