Jack Monroe #350 Can you crochet a web of lies?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Catching up on the MN thread, I was agreeing with this squig until…
“One of Jack's great strengths is her writing ability (very similar to another person similarly being less than truthful, Liz Fraser) and she is engaging and believable”
Yikes. If writing is one of her great strengths I wonder what Squig thinks of her cooking.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
This is it. You just search the perfume you like and the ‘alternative’ comes up. It’s amazing and I love it. I treat myself twice a year and spend about 50 quid. The Tom Ford dupes are ace too:
Seconded - their perfumes are amazing! Also, some of the names are hilarious too.

Reactions: 24
View attachment 1467064
Shaking in my shoes here
I work with the long term unemployed, including people with learning difficulties and quite serious mental problems who've really not had a lot of luck in life and a very poor experience of education. Many struggle with computers and general literacy but I can honestly say they're all able to grasp the concept of joining the library/ community drop in and booking a computer rather than typing away on a tiny phone. If Jack speaks for anyone it's unhinged martyrs, it's certainly not any disadvantaged person I've ever come across.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 104
There was a new Jack thread on Mumsnet but now it's gone.
It's still there on the front page of _chat, but it's not coming up in search for some reason, and it's dropped off the most active list.

Reactions: 24
Catching up on the MN thread, I was agreeing with this squig until…
“One of Jack's great strengths is her writing ability (very similar to another person similarly being less than truthful, Liz Fraser) and she is engaging and believable”
Yikes. If writing is one of her great strengths I wonder what Squig thinks of her cooking.
How dare they besmirch the Cocteau Twins' singer!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I believe these were overseas cons and the directors and companies have vanished without a trance. Same as the furlough fraud. Due to the speed needed to get them out, checks were not thorough enough and clever people saw money being handed out they could take overseas and never be chased for.
the Most Famous Poor Of the Pov could never

trace - not trance

although this chaos needs some soundtrack maybe

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
It's still there on the front page of _chat, but it's not coming up in search for some reason, and it's dropped off the most active list.
That's what I found when I thought it had been zapped. MN must have done something to stealth hide it, but without the blowback of deleting.

Reactions: 25
Seconded - their perfumes are amazing! Also, some of the names are hilarious too.
They will never beat a lipstick I was very fond of during my time as a new romantic in the 80s - pussynose pink.... I "think" it was outdoor girl...

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Enter the viggles in the side door...(edited to add missing screenshot).

View attachment 1467021
I don't know why this particular comment has broken me, but it has! :ROFLMAO:

"What the actual feck! That is terrible! I’ve been working class all my life, and I’ve never ever worn a track suit, never watch Jeremy Kyle."
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Same, pal. Same. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Didn’t we have receipts that she owned a laptop at the time of her book, a laptop she’d sold in The PovertyTM that miraculously popped up recently?
Yep cos she tweeted that some guy was gunna come over and fix it for her, there was a photo any everything

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I'm all caught up and I actually feel a bit.....emotional? Like we've been shouting about this into the void for years and nobody listened 😭

Now they are I don't really know what to do with myself hah

Canal group hug

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
For some reason this particular lie of Jack’s, that she wrote her first book on one of those little brick Nokias, always cracks me up. Did she bother to check how much memory those things had before she made up that story? Because, sorry Jack, it wasn’t enough for a book.
You be careful, she could Kelvin McKenzie you with that thing

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Sidey T, I luffs u but you’ve arsed it up. Broccolli pasta is a breakfast recipe. Could you put it in a bullet blender and bake the liquid with oats maybe?
I know dear heart, that's why I'm eagerly anticipating the recipe tonight in preparation for my breakfast tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion tho, green is my favourite colour of oat. Go well pal x

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.