Jack Monroe #35 This tweet is unavailable.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone else watch Girl, Interrupted as a young teenager and think that Angelina Jolie’s character was soooo cool in that ‘sexy but damaged and crazy’ way? Then you grow up and realise how ridiculous that whole trope is? I feel like Jack never grew out of that phase and thinks she has tjat whole crazy sexy thing going on, even though in reality she is more similar to Alan Partridge when he had a breakdown and ate 100 toblerones and drove barefoot to Dundee.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
Did anyone else watch Girl, Interrupted as a young teenager and think that Angelina Jolie’s character was soooo cool in that ‘sexy but damaged and crazy’ way? Then you grow up and realise how ridiculous that whole trope is? I feel like Jack never grew out of that phase and thinks she has tjat whole crazy sexy thing going on, even though in reality she is more similar to Alan Partridge when he had a breakdown and ate 100 toblerones and drove barefoot to Dundee.
YES! Funnily enough I watched Girl Interrupted quite recently and I was struck by how ANNOYING Lisa was (when I thought she was cool, deep and damaged when I was younger and naive)

hahaha - ‘Lynn! Lynn!’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Wonder what the reshot grubby sports bra and girdle pics are like? Interested to see what ensemble is being sported in them... maybe Carol Baskin number? Do you remember she said they were for something she was going to announce.... do you think she’s opening a cat sanctuary?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
YES! Funnily enough I watched Girl Interrupted quite recently and I was struck by how ANNOYING Lisa was (when I thought she was cool, deep and damaged when I was younger and naive)

hahaha - ‘Lynn! Lynn!’
can actually imagine her saying she’s got ‘minor women’s whiplash’ 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I am going to have to put down my tablet (it's not a phone, they are on charge in the dining room, though that's a lie, I don't have one:(. Dining room that is, I do have a phone.) or I will be reading here all night.
A quick message to all the insomniacs and our antipodean contributors...hope there's not too many pages to read by morning!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Wonder what the reshot grubby sports bra and girdle pics are like? Interested to see what ensemble is being sported in them... maybe Carol Baskin number? Do you remember she said they were for something she was going to announce.... do you think she’s opening a cat sanctuary?
Daily Kitten Live 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Jack holding her mayo cake up aggressively.
Smell my cake, you mother!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Why would you? I mean, why would you?

For what possible reason? Shock? Outrage? Offend? It wouldn't do any of these things. It's not the 1950's

BTW, congrats on the thread title. They have all been incredibly clever and funny.
Perhaps she sees (or saw) herself as a Samantha. Though these days I think with her verbiage she’s going for Carrie.

(thinks quietly) we don’t still do this, do we, the old pick a SATC girl?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
So I just did some researching on her old IG (remember tattoo-gate - think I was a lurker then). And she had a different kitten in 2012 - 8 years ago though mind...View attachment 167335
Ahh this would be around the time she was a penniless little urchin.

Living on £10 a week and food banks, in a cold damp flat unable to afford to turn on the fridge and had taken out the light bulbs to save electricity, When she spent the days trudging the streets, in the rain, looking for a job as her only pair of shoes leaked and her small child cried 'mummy, can I have some bread and Jam please, and have you seen My toy dinosaur? - it's my favourite toy'.

Etc etc.

Stirling work LavaFlake. We'll make detective of you yet!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Earning your detective wage, there. Pleased to see it. And of course nothing gets by @LennyBriscoe I don’t know what my thread job is? Screenshotting when the twin combo of condiments @MarmiteExtract and @Marmalade Atkins don’t get there first? I’ll take it.
This retired M.E continues to be very impressed with the Hausfraus good detecting and evidence collating work. Happy to stay on the sidelines on my boat watching the sun go down. (Quincy - not real me).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.