Jack Monroe #349 Shameless

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They were very careful to only include stuff where the direct contradiction is plain to see I think. It's been very carefully put together.
Let's face it had to be a non-frau. I know if I attempted a similar thread it would be about 900 tweets long and take in bewildering details like Iqbal and the fox eating the garden hose before finally degenerating into spooooons.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 125
Yeah I work in care and it was the exact field I was thinking of. No experience needed. Start tomorrow.
Oh no, please no. I have images of her trying to foist poorly patients out their beds so she can have a dino nap.

“Listen Betty, your broken collar bone is nothing compared to all my ouchies. I am EXHAUSTED so please, leave me alone to sleep in your bed”

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Let's face it had to be a non-frau. I know if I attempted a similar thread it would be about 900 tweets long and take in bewildering details like Iqbal and the fox eating the garden hose before finally degenerating into spooooons.
Plus no mention of orangeries. 3/10 try harder.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I guess things have gone past that point now but this is something I've never been able to get my head around. There's a bloody awful recipe of hers - Pork, pear and stuffing loaf, complete with terrible description. I think the word stench is used. It involves grating spam and tinned pears, mixing in packet stuffing and baking it in the oven.

In all seriousness, if you'd been to a food bank and those items were included, would you really grate everything up and bake it?! Especially if you had children to feed? Who is stuff like that helping really?
Nobody; not to rave about lovely Miguel again, but we had his spinach orecchiette last night - cheap, delicious, three ingredients (plus garlic, salt and ‘plenty of black pepper’) 15 minutes to make. I work long days in two jobs as a lone parent, and even if her recipes were palatable, I don’t have the time or energy to faff. And as a vegetarian, if any ‘friends’ served me her peelings creation as a meal, they wouldn’t be my friends anymore!

• Heart
Reactions: 49
It’s been put together from the Wiki but no, not a Frau I think but definitely someone who has training in preparing reports. I’d say media training but that’s just a guess.

Reactions: 45
Just to add, I bought Miguel’s meat free book yesterday and can’t wait to try some of his very edible things.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I know I'm missing the point entirely, but surely if you sign a brand ambassador-type deal with Superdrug the first thing they do is send you a big box of their products in the hope you'll talk about them online? Lots of shampoo, shower gel etc etc?
Was one of the stipulations of Jack's brand deal with Superdrug that she go into hygiene poverty herself?

• Haha
Reactions: 54
GOVERNMENT TROLLS ORCHESTRATED CAMPAIGN. Led by this one?!

Does that mean we're all civil servants now? I wonder how much we get paid. I shall buy the most expensive shampoo and shower gel I can cover with my government wages and chuckle softly to myself as I think of Jack boiling up a vat of old soap slivers.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Just to add, I bought Miguel’s meat free book yesterday and can’t wait to try some of his very edible things.
Yesterday he taught his 3 yr old perimeter and area of squares and today they have moved on to the circumference and radius of circles.

On topic- nothing to say. It’s humid AF and I really could do with a dyson fan. Anyone? Anyone?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Why do a lot of the FMs think she lives in Central London? It just shows how little attention they pay to what she tweets most of the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
It's TD's birthday, Jack definitely won't be making her a cake 🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Why do a lot of the FMs think she lives in Central London? It just shows how little attention they pay to what she tweets most of the time.
I sent the wiki and link to the Twitter thread to a number of people who follow her. They were all aghast, which tells me that a big part of the reason why she has got away with it for so long is that, in general, people don't have the time to put it all together. They see small bits which are drowned out by her cries of 'troll' and because they follow her, they assume she is in the right.

EDIT: in the beginning, she presented as relatively genuine and got a lot of hate from right-wing trolls and media commentators. That established a wave of sympathy which has, over the years, morphed into 'JM is relentlessly trolled therefore every negative comment must be a troll". They don't follow the minutiae as we do, so never get to see the entire picture.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.