Jack Monroe #349 Shameless

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finally caught up mainly in thanks to a very restless night courtesy of my antidepressants 😂

I would hope a serious journalist would pick up on that twitter thread and do their own research to reach the same conclusion. I am becoming increasingly frustrated with echo chambers and blind eyes. Just because you are politically aligned with someone doesn't mean they are always right and vice versa.

I'm not feeling well today so my patience for idiots is shorter than usual. However it does mean I have time to keep up with the chaos in real time so swings and roundabouts!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Just to add, I bought Miguel’s meat free book yesterday and can’t wait to try some of his very edible things.
who is this Miguel you speak of?

On topic: I know I keep harking on about it but I feel so bad for Content and Cooper moving to a one bed flat, I don't even care if she owns or rents or whatever.

On that note, I've been thinking about what the most heartbreaking thing about Jack is. I think it's that the lies were needless. After Hunger Hurts she easily could have made her money by doing a consistent blog, actually doing some training to go on TV, etc. She could have admitted she was no longer "a poor" and continued to campaign as a champion of change, someone to look up to. She would have earned enough money to be comfortable. I do honestly believe that she INITIALLY had good intentions, I think she was just a vulnerable and narcissistic person who got caught up in being famous and political and friends with people like Mom, and the lies just kept coming.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Hmm, she's taking a while to put on the shimmery makeup today. I could have sworn we would have been dealing with the crisis chaos before 10am!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Yesterday he taught his 3 yr old perimeter and area of squares and today they have moved on to the circumference and radius of circles.

On topic- nothing to say. It’s humid AF and I really could do with a dyson fan. Anyone? Anyone?
Would you consider buying a second-hand one? I think there might be one (or two) available in Thorpe Bay...

• Haha
Reactions: 31
This has always been so mental to me.

24k in a lawsuit, plus fees paid.

Let's say 5k on Jack clearing up CCJs, debts etc. 5k in an account for SB. 5k into a rainy day fund, and another 5 into something like a cash ISA. 4k for pissing about on sofas and what have you.

I just don't understand how you'd manage to spaff through all that money in 5 years with absolutely nothing in savings left. Surely some of the KH money would have done for any fees involved in breaking the crappy bungalow contract, and some more for a flat deposit? Bananas.
There are lots of pleasant looking two bed flats for sale in Southend for less than £200K. It could easily have been the deposit and fees for buying her first home. The mortgage would have been less than the £1.5k she pays for rent so she could have built some savings and equity, and moved to a bigger place in a few years.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Going on about that kind of stuff can make you seem quite unhinged on twitter though, and easier to discredit as a 'troll'. I'm glad they kept it reasonably short and sweet, and concentrated on the ~essence of Jack~ 🥰
Yeah, I agree. 'But, but, but she said she didn't have a toaster and she DOES have a toaster because we saw it' looks a bit mad. Like, it's funny here but if you start putting that on Twitter it's so easily dismissed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
People keep tagging Nigella in the Jack Monroe is a liar and you need to stop giving them money thread.

I wonder if she's read it and whether it will change her opinion of Jack.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
On that note, I've been thinking about what the most heartbreaking thing about Jack is. I think it's that the lies were needless. After Hunger Hurts she easily could have made her money by doing a consistent blog, actually doing some training to go on TV, etc. She could have admitted she was no longer "a poor" and continued to campaign as a champion of change, someone to look up to. She would have earned enough money to be comfortable. I do honestly believe that she INITIALLY had good intentions, I think she was just a vulnerable and narcissistic person who got caught up in being famous and political and friends with people like Mom, and the lies just kept coming.
The problem with that is her whole backstory is a lie. She didn’t grow up in poverty and she didn’t live in poverty after her son was born. Bit hard up maybe but her wealthy family were round the corner. She has no experience of poverty and would take the place of someone with genuine knowledge & experience. See what Marcus Rashford achieved as someone who genuinely did grow up in poverty.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Will she sing? Perhaps a little number from Oliver? "As long as they need me" "Who will buy my lies"?
Maybe "Money Money Money"

I grift all night I grift all day
But ignore the tax I have to paaaay

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
What's the conservative think tank thing?

Intentional or unintentional?!
I know what people are saying, that LJC will be too professional and probably stay clear of this but Jack made the blog personal when she spoke about her more or less leaving her in the tit with the bungalow. Could possibly be classed as libellous? (Not sure because she wasn't named, but still.) LJC would have to be a better man* than me not to at least say something to put the record straight.

*FYI I'm not a man ;)

Reactions: 28
I know I'm missing the point entirely, but surely if you sign a brand ambassador-type deal with Superdrug the first thing they do is send you a big box of their products in the hope you'll talk about them online? Lots of shampoo, shower gel etc etc?
Perhaps the mail drop got sent to the wrong house? 😁 morning all 👋

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The Worst Pies in London from Sweeney Todd would be an excellent choice.
Sorry but surely it's got to be this old classic!

Underground, overground, pumbling free
The pumbles of Southend are coming for me
(someone more talented can finish it :p)

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Finally caught up mainly in thanks to a very restless night courtesy of my antidepressants 😂

I would hope a serious journalist would pick up on that twitter thread and do their own research to reach the same conclusion. I am becoming increasingly frustrated with echo chambers and blind eyes. Just because you are politically aligned with someone doesn't mean they are always right and vice versa.

I'm not feeling well today so my patience for idiots is shorter than usual. However it does mean I have time to keep up with the chaos in real time so swings and roundabouts!
Firstly, I hope you get some rest soon.
re: the BiB - Jack knows this herself; look at how she repeatedly coos over Tory MP Anna Soubry who voted for stronger immigration laws, stricter asylum systems, merging of police & fire services, mass surveillance of peoples communications, voted to restrict legal aid, voted to cap civil service redundancy payments (bastard), voted against stronger gambling regulations and voted for the bedroom tax. She claimed not much less than 200k in expenses too.

• Wow
Reactions: 38
Will she sing? Perhaps a little number from Oliver? "As long as they need me" "Who will buy my lies"?
Consider yourself a thief
Consider yourself totally fraudulent
You've taken from us so long,
It's clear you're going to make a song
Consider yourself well off
Consider yourself: buy lots of furniture
I haven't a lot to spare
Who cares? Whatever you've got, you'll share!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.