Jack Monroe #349 Shameless

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just dipping back in, there are still blatant lies that Molly didn’t include; the degree for one. Plus many Ian Lee type tall tales- the phone tile, the kicking of shins, the Easter cake from Asda etc

Reactions: 39
I guess things have gone past that point now but this is something I've never been able to get my head around. There's a bloody awful recipe of hers - Pork, pear and stuffing loaf, complete with terrible description. I think the word stench is used. It involves grating spam and tinned pears, mixing in packet stuffing and baking it in the oven.

In all seriousness, if you'd been to a food bank and those items were included, would you really grate everything up and bake it?! Especially if you had children to feed? Who is stuff like that helping really?
As a regular food bank user I can tell you nobody just chucks everything they are given together. It's used to supplement our other meals and to make a mash or fruit salad when we get fresh produce.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
'Three heart attacks' Jack is about to have her fourth

CONTEXT: Jack posted an A&E selfie 'wired up' and stated she'd had a suspected 'heart attack'. When challenged, it was claimed she'd had three and was 'being investigated'. The next week she posted she was to run a marathon.
Oh!! You have to have an ECG to get adhd meds!! I had to have one - what’s the betting that’s what that pic was and she used it to make up a lie?!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Long, very long time lurker and attempting my first squiggly pic!

The dog is going to have been a gift isn’t it?
View attachment 1465159
Probably end up being a birthday gift from big Dave or something - cunning viper that she is! 🐍

Morning ninnies, hope you slept well after all the excitement last night!:)

Couldn't resist sharing this little beauty #IYKYK 😁

IMG_9695.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Just dipping back in, there are still blatant lies that Molly didn’t include; the degree for one. Plus many Ian Lee type tall tales- the phone tile, the kicking of shins, the Easter cake from Asda etc
They were very careful to only include stuff where the direct contradiction is plain to see I think. It's been very carefully put together.

• Heart
Reactions: 83
Going on about that kind of stuff can make you seem quite unhinged on twitter though, and easier to discredit as a 'troll'. I'm glad they kept it reasonably short and sweet, and concentrated on the ~essence of Jack~ 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 59
My feeling is they are one and the same. Jack even says as much in the beg blog "My readers guessed it was Strictly" (in response to the initial breadcrumbing tweets). The difference is she realised putting a woe is me spin on it, linking back to Hunger Hurts and everything, would generate more cash than "I'm getting on the property ladder by downsizing. I'm fortunate to have the flexibility, access to deposit funds and support to do so!" Honestly don't know why the squigs don't notice the drastic change in tone. But it shows that this was all very carefully considered as to what would be the best way to manipulate gullible followers.
Strictly said no!

Hilarious

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Is she not tweeting at all?
She seems to have gone quiet
If so she’s a smart girl. Staying down is exactly the safest thing for her to do rn as it represents the biggest chance of it blowing over

she got her cashos anyway
She is a VERY SMART girl. We’ve witnessed the manipulation for years.

Reactions: 34
They were very careful to only include stuff where the direct contradiction is plain to see I think. It's been very carefully put together.
This. Careful not to include the price of the hammock for example, although it has been offered in a reply.

Reactions: 30
Fraus, I wrote a Thing. Thought long and hard about posting it. Please be gentle with me but above all, don't forget to drop cashos in my paypal- use family and friends option so all the money goes to me. I like to hoover up every last penny. It's grifty thrifty.

It's not OJs cigarello.

Instead it's this *takes deep breath*

*voice trembles*

Here goes...

Jack Monroe is a bleep.
A masterpiece. Thankspaceyou for all you do. I've tipped you £50 and some banana skin porridge. Go well Pal

• Haha
Reactions: 36
The thing that makes me sad is that people who get conned like this are often very vulnerable people. mentally, emotionally and socially. It's not that they're stupid or whatever. It's that oftentimes they are not well and desperate for connection. It really does make me ache inside when they get conned and then also blamed for being naive. (Not saying that you are playing the blame game btw @Lazarus ! Just that people often do.)

Con artists are clever and can sniff out the most vulnerable.

Has anyone seen Puppetmaster or Rogue Agent on Netflix about con artists Robert Freegard? It shows the dynamic in action v well.
To be honest Moldy-W I was kind of blaming her for her naïvety but on reflection, based on what you’ve said here, I can say she probably was vulnerable, mentally unwell and perhaps too trusting. I suppose a good lesson for me is not to judge everyone by my own standards and just because I feel confident I could have sniffed out a con, doesn’t mean it is as obvious to everyone so thank you for making me rethink this.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
She smart, just not in the way one hopes. Sometimes she can be awfully thick. I think somone has removed the phones to stop her getting into more trouble. If she had access she would be howling can clawing by now.

Reactions: 26
🤷🏻‍♀️ ok newbie 😊 Everyone on the thread knows what it means here.
Not so new, check when my account was created. Have a busy life, therefore, don't post very often.

I only drop by here whenever Jack tweets a major clanger. To observe and giggle at you all's reaction.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.