Jack Monroe #343 A heavy dose of chickpea and loathing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she makes reference to her mad head one more time I'm going to post her one of those cans of peanuts with snakes inside. I can't think straight long enough to explain why this is offensive so I'm just going to call her a ~bleep~ and be done with it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Does anyone own Tin Can Cook? Because I can only see the ingredients list for this recipe online, not the method, and I am dying to read it all.

Remember the soup made from a tin of soup? We have something even better:

View attachment 1437571
HOW ARE THEY 3?!!?!! Of your 5 a day. How? Onion isn’t. Beans - yes. The tinned toms, 0.5 at a push? You’re presumably diluting one with t’other so still 1

Does she know you can just get plain pulses yes?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Oh my god. Imagine printing a recipe that warns you not to eat it if there's a possibility you could tit yourself on the train.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 116
Jack does not understand her own country's voting system, which is really upsetting because it suggests that Jude Law was forced to sit down for no good reason. 😥
If BIB is not the next thread title, there is LITERALLY ~NO JUSTICE~ IN THE WORLD.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I also feel like I need to share this, from the "Breakfast" section:

View attachment 1437640
OMG thanks! I can't stop laughing at this - the recipe that she proudly claims will have an immediate powerful laxative effect, but also the epic tip "Blenders are pretty handy to have in the kitchen." That's why we need literal food experts, I had no idea...

• Haha
Reactions: 49
It does seem strange for a budget recipe to take two tins to make one meal, surely it makes more sense to use two tins for, well, two meals.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I didn't realise she left school at 16, that makes so much sense now regarding her poor writing skills. She just stopped and never progressed. No wonder she uses words she doesn't understand. She is still the toddler that's trying to talk like a grown up.

Where did she live at 16? Was it with Slumdad and did he or another family member own the chippy?
Note to self: bring back Slumdad Millionaire for the next-but-one thread title nomination, please.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
There’s so much wrong with this… whoever commissioned, edited, gave the go ahead to this bilge needs to have a long hard look at themselves. It’s baffling
Agree. Ditto anyone and everyone at The Guardian and elsewhere who had a hand in creating this monster and then continuing to enable her.
E58CEA97-FAAF-4BDD-AEE3-30FA3C0D27F6.gif
Much as it’s grim to watch as a bystander, it’s also done Jack herself no favours whatsoever, other than enabling the grift.

It’s hardly an endearing character trait to be totally insufferable, or a compulsive liar, no matter how much money for nothing you get thrown at you on a monthly basis.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
What evidence is there that Jack actually moved out at 16? Surely this would have been hard to afford for a smol pixie, and she probably wouldn't have been entitled to any help. Unless she's counting staying in one of her grandad's properties as "moving out"?
Perhaps this is part of the missing "2 years living rough" that she mentions?:unsure:

Still grunking. So far today I've concluded she's a boring, immature, spoilt brat. With lots of missing teeth, which must have somehow re-grown because her mouth still looks full.🦷

Off topic, I also left school (Grammar) at 16 with only 4 GCE's (I'm that old!), can't swim, and have a fairly high IQ. Does this mean I'm yet another incarnation of Jack?:oops: (I've also had some great jobs and a fabulous career, because I didn't use leaving school with so few qualifications as an excuse not to work hard and apply myself. That, and I didn't have a huge chip on my shoulder.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I can't decide if this squig is fake/a sock or just deluded and stupid. Concerning the Youth Parliament dispute.

1658509173641.png

1658509244212.png

There was more but it ended with this:

1658509309153.png

🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.