Jack Monroe #343 A heavy dose of chickpea and loathing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On a Bootstrap Limited has been dissolved via compulsory strike off. I just noticed on Companies House. Has this already been mentioned and I missed it?

• Wow
Reactions: 38
Ninnies, I’ve become a VIP! I’d like to thank Jack Monroe, without whom this would never have been possible, and an honorable mention to Patron Saint of Tattle Sali Hughes for sending me here in the first place.

I’d most of all like to thank all you mitherers for being the funniest, cleverest, most interesting, creative, empathetic and glorious bunch of people in the best corner of the internet ever. Even when Jack is being insufferable (ie almost daily), being here is such a joy.

BC932AF1-EF18-43D6-89A7-C1241F47FC2A.gif

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 80
Was listening to Kiri Pritchard McLena interviewed on the Off Menu podcast earlier and Jackie gets a mention! Fair enough, it's to say that, while tasty, her vegan belly pork is nothing like belly pork, but, hey, there's no such thing as bad publicity!
Nothing like belly pork? Surely not?!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Only achieving 4.5 would have been a blow to the ego, but now she uses the fact as a badge to wear, proof of what a 'struggle' her childhood was. Poor disadvantaged Jack Monroe... 🙄
It doesn’t stop her from claiming to have a degree though, on her dating profile and on old blogs I think? something about bar work not being the best use of her degree 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 34
On a Bootstrap Limited has been dissolved via compulsory strike off. I just noticed on Companies House. Has this already been mentioned and I missed it?
Well well well. Say dissolved on 26/7/22.
Bet she doesn’t mention it. Now she can grift to her hearts content I assume ?
The Trussell Fund t shirt money came in handy then ?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
I’ve always taken it to be that the reason Jack had a not very close relationship with her parents (which I also genuinely believe has been the case) is entirely because of her and her attitude. Her parents sound like they could have tried, and pushed for a relationship but Jack was the type to create a rift of her own making and push them away, all the while feeling sorry for herself. To me this explains the seeming inconsistencies around that relationship. All the people that ask why didn’t she ask her parents for help, to me it adds up. She would stubbornly not tell them a thing and rather be the main character in her poverty drama. But of course, as per the Pulp song, it was never really that bad for her as she could call her dad and get bailed out anytime 🙃 With everything we know about Jack it makes a lot of sense to me.

I’m from a very working class not well off family but had a friend from a middle class family very similar to how I imagine Jack being for most of her teenage/young adult life. At least subconsciously wanting to create friction in her frictionless life. I think the GCSEs are a bit of this too. She had everything going for her, but a deep down desire to be a duck up. She still does it now in fairness.

I think there’s some people born into comfortable lives that just can’t appreciate it.
I agree with this, I literally came from a poor family, yet despite it all I hold no ill will to my family or expect everything to be handed to me on a plate. I am also content ( for the most part) with the life I have. I wouldn't trade lives with her for all the money in the world. She has a bad attitude to life and in her relationships.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Keep an eye on the disqualified/restricted director list over the upcoming weeks to find if there was any rule breaking going on.

Reactions: 27
Yes, covered during the last thread (Or maybe the start of this one?)

Reactions: 28
Jack leaving home after failing her GCSEs is something that she has repeated said for her entire career, from that very first Xanthe Clay interview to her appearance on BBC radio this year, where apparently she lived in a multicultural flatshare: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/ar...rom-writer-and-poverty-campaigner-jack-monroe

View attachment 1437467

The article also contains the truest sentence ever written about Jack by a journalist:

View attachment 1437469

so, she was poking around her flatmates' food then? can't say that surprises me

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Does anyone own Tin Can Cook? Because I can only see the ingredients list for this recipe online, not the method, and I am dying to read it all.

Remember the soup made from a tin of soup? We have something even better:

Screenshot_20220722-175457_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
Does anyone own Tin Can Cook? Because I can only see the ingredients list for this recipe online, not the method, and I am dying to read it all.

Remember the soup made from a tin of soup? We have something even better:

View attachment 1437571
And it’s not like she’s really adding any different flavours, spices or depth to it?!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Jack leaving home after failing her GCSEs is something that she has repeated said for her entire career, from that very first Xanthe Clay interview to her appearance on BBC radio this year, where apparently she lived in a multicultural flatshare: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/ar...rom-writer-and-poverty-campaigner-jack-monroe

View attachment 1437467

The article also contains the truest sentence ever written about Jack by a journalist:

View attachment 1437469
I'm intrigued to know the circumstances of Jack leaving home at 16. It does sound at odds with her upbringing and family unit. You can't hold a tenancy under the age of 18 either, someone has to hold it on your behalf, so who were these flatmates I wonder?

There was an allegation of abuse perpetrated by a foster child towards Jack wasn't there? I wonder if the moving out was around that time. It would suggest there was some unrest going on at home for her to move out at that age.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.