Jack Monroe #343 A heavy dose of chickpea and loathing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
just seen this and I can't stop HOOTING

it's obviously a horrible account, but she's such a 5 year old!

20220722_180838.jpg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
Agree. Ditto anyone and everyone at The Guardian and elsewhere who had a hand in creating this monster and then continuing to enable her.
View attachment 1437718Much as it’s grim to watch as a bystander, it’s also done Jack herself no favours whatsoever, other than enabling the grift.

It’s hardly an endearing character trait to be totally insufferable, or a compulsive liar, no matter how much money for nothing you get thrown at you on a monthly basis.
Oh gawd, BIB has planted an earworm I'm not going to get rid of today! 😆 Good job I like it! 😁
Jack Monroe, money for nothing 'cause the grift's for free.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Agree. Ditto anyone and everyone at The Guardian and elsewhere who had a hand in creating this monster and then continuing to enable her.
View attachment 1437718Much as it’s grim to watch as a bystander, it’s also done Jack herself no favours whatsoever, other than enabling the grift.

It’s hardly an endearing character trait to be totally insufferable, or a compulsive liar, no matter how much money for nothing you get thrown at you on a monthly basis.
I get a vibe that she's burnt bridges at the graun cos I've not seen any articles for a while.

Similarly with the TV stuff, she's only really getting scraps on Lorraine Kelly etc so I doubt she's made many friends in that world either.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I get a vibe that she's burnt bridges at the graun cos I've not seen any articles for a while.

Similarly with the TV stuff, she's only really getting scraps on Lorraine Kelly etc so I doubt she's made many friends in that world either.
Staff changes at the graun

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Ninnies, I have just heard ‘Not my circus, not my monkeys’ IN REAL LIFE, IN POLISH!!!! It took all of my power not to say where I had heard it 🦉🍾 My only release is writing it here. Go well, pals.
Catching up, so might have been said before, but I heard it first from Ukranian friends who said it was a Polish saying originally? I love the expression and will not let Jack Monroe spoil it for me :)

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Might be impossible to read, soz:
View attachment 1437031

View attachment 1437033

View attachment 1437037

I can't be arsed reading it but I'm sure it's really good and that.
Hahahahaha. I love it when Jack makes a mistake but, being constitutionally unable to take the narc injury of admitting she was wrong, tries to defend her original erroneous claim with increasingly ridiculous prevarication.

On a not entirely unrelated subject, I don’t believe Jack has an IQ of 154. You only really see that level in people who are also very good at maths. We’ve seen what Jacks like with maths. It ain’t good.

The only way she would’ve got a result of 154 is if she did one of those internet self tests and looked up all the answers on her phone.

But then, I also don’t believe that Jack is on the Autism Spectrum (although I do think she likes the meds). I also don’t believe she’s an alcoholic.

Basically, whatever Jack says she is, that’s what she’s not.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I'm intrigued to know the circumstances of Jack leaving home at 16. It does sound at odds with her upbringing and family unit. You can't hold a tenancy under the age of 18 either, someone has to hold it on your behalf, so who were these flatmates I wonder?

There was an allegation of abuse perpetrated by a foster child towards Jack wasn't there? I wonder if the moving out was around that time. It would suggest there was some unrest going on at home for her to move out at that age.
Can anyone point me in the direction of info about the allegation of abuse- I’ve only got a vague recollection of it. I defo think she ended up staying at granddad’s doss house if she had Italian and Somalian “housemates”.

Reactions: 25
Can anyone point me in the direction of info about the allegation of abuse- I’ve only got a vague recollection of it. I defo think she ended up staying at granddad’s doss house if she had Italian and Somalian “housemates”.
I don’t have the receipts but as I recall she tweeted about it in very horrible, triggering, unnecessary language. I believe from memory that she did so in the aftermath of poor Sarah Everard’s murder, inserting herself into the online conversation about womens safety in a very unpleasant way. That’s how I remember it anyway. It’ll be on the threads from that time no doubt.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Some people take a dim view of couples having wedding lists. I don't. Look what happens when people are left to their own devices.

Screenshot 2022-07-22 19.24.24.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 98
It does seem strange for a budget recipe to take two tins to make one meal, surely it makes more sense to use two tins for, well, two meals.
I used to make a baked bean 'curry' out of an onion, one tin of tomatoes and one tin of beans, with all the juices and sauce, plus curry powder/spices. I found the recipe on a parenting site (not mumsnet) and it works pretty well with rice or pittas when you're skint. Obviously not high in protein, but still quite filling and nice. There's tons of cheap recipes and ideas around like this, there's nothing special about any of Jack's recipes or anything that warrants a publishing contract.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
*Sigh* I was born in Britain, brought up by my Latvian grandad, ate Latvian food and know some of the language. However I have a British name, I went to British school, and grew up in Britain so I'm British. I love Latvian and Eastern European food, I grew up on it. I don't go posting recipes on my IG though telling people I'm Eastern European, that would be weird. I'm proud of my heritage but I grew up here so I'm British, the same way Jack is British and not Greek. I'm sure I remember her stating somewhere in the past that she was Polish? Am I imagining this or does anyone have the post? I'm sure she wrote something about it on twitter a few years ago. I don't think Jack is talentless, I do however think she lies and contradicts herself a lot. Jack's cooking looks rank in my honest opinion, but I think she would make a good blogger catering for people that are sad enough to follow her dating life and escapades. Jack seems to enjoy writing about herself, typical narcissist. I guess there would be people sad enough to follow it

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.