Jack Monroe #343 A heavy dose of chickpea and loathing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack has magic teeth, they crumble to dust frequently only to keep growing back.
Veterans of the short lived Vonny LeClerc threads may recall that our Vons once left a job claiming that she'd lost a hand in an accident. Despite this she still appears to have two functioning hands, so presumably the lost one grew back. I have faith that one day our Jack will replicate this extraordinary feat.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 86
If she wants to add another feather to her cap, I believe the position of Jack's lawyer is currently vacant

(as Mark Lewis tragically doesn't get any phone reception at 1 Israel street, Israel)

Cue Legally Publisher/Therapist Carole
541F8614-44CA-4FA7-9C81-F989A58977CC.gif

In ~fairness~ ( 😂) to Carole, perhaps in a professional capacity she is solely Jack’s publisher, who happens to be a therapist. Hence Jack’s publisher/“therapist/friend”

I feel, however, that I am doing a great disservice to common sense and to mine own eyes and brain when I use the words “in fairness” as relates to Carole. She didn’t birth this monster, but going by the evidence that’s out there, like the Guardian she’s enabling it to run amok with impunity. No two ways about that.

And Therapist Carole/the BACP. Irregardless of Carole’s professional role in Jack Monroe’s life, Carole’s public Twitter presence re: Jack is hardly a ringing endorsement for either of you.

Send giant shudder gifos

• Haha
Reactions: 39
You are not being dense...
I would really like to hear Jack explain it. But of course she won’t. She’s hoping it will just quietly sink and be forgotten about.

I mentioned in the previous thread that it's possible she was both the director of the company that was struck off and a sole trader. The company may have been set up but never actually used to report income. That might explain why she never bothered to keep the information up to date.
But it was the company that claimed (and was paid) furlough payments. That’s the bit I don’t understand. If there was no income going through the company, why would it be claiming furlough?

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
Must stop judging people by their avatar!🤓
I’m pondering on this from my palatial ‘80s Beverly Hills pad, and quite frankly I’m not sure how I feel about it 😉

Perhaps there’s something in that gold spray that makes your teeth crumble to dust.
In that case, I’m pretty sure “Gummy” Big Dave is finding gold-sprayed trifle far less of a hilllarrrrrious family jape these days. Hopefully he too has found a kindly face-cupping Dentist for the ouchies

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Veterans of the short lived Vonny LeClerc threads may recall that our Vons once left a job claiming that she'd lost a hand in an accident. Despite this she still appears to have two functioning hands, so presumably the lost one grew back. I have faith that one day our Jack will replicate this extraordinary feat.
Is she a fan of that maniac JillyJuice? She claims you can re grow limbs and such by drinking her weird cabbage juice.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I mentioned in the previous thread that it's possible she was both the director of the company that was struck off and a sole trader. The company may have been set up but never actually used to report income. That might explain why she never bothered to keep the information up to date.
I've said this all along as a reason not to put too much hope in HMRC bringing her down via On A Bootstrap Ltd - it's entirely possible she was raking in all the money from TV etc as a sole trader.

Reactions: 22
Late to the party of OT (original trolls) but needed to add: Peter, Borb and Jenny have literally formed a band...
And everybody clapped!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Regarding Carole T and her "Must stay" comment about the acknowledgements/fuckyous.

If she is indeed her therapist as well as her publisher, this is completely out of order. A therapist isn't supposed to give advice or tell you what to do, and they sure as hell should not be doing it on a public forum like twitter.

*Still hoping she's also the sloppy accountant.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Given Jack's general griftiness and astonishing rate of tooth loss, I'm now imagining her as some kind of reverse tooth fairy, where she sneaks into your house and takes a wad of cash/swipes your credit card details before leaving one of her rotten teeth under your pillow in exchange.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Given Jack's general griftiness and astonishing rate of tooth loss, I'm now imagining her as some kind of reverse tooth fairy, where she sneaks into your house and takes a wad of cash/swipes your credit card details before leaving one of her rotten teeth under your pillow in exchange.

Where is the ''terrified'' reaction emoji?

A therapist isn't supposed to give advice or tell you what to do, and they sure as hell should not be doing it on a public forum like twitter.
Agree. Even if she's not Jack's therapist, I still don't think it's very professional behaviour. Unfortunately, and no offense to any therapy fraus, I've encountered quite a few unprofessional therapists and mental health staff in general. One Crisis Team lady spent most of her visit complaining about her colleague! And there was a lot of oversharing about their personal mental health before it was really appropriate. I used to see an amazing and hilarious Scottish psychologist and I valued his opinion, so would often try to coax advice out of him. Most of the time he'd offer suggestions, but remain frustratingly neutral. Despite his calm neutrality, I don't think he'd have much time for Jack's nonsense. I bet he'd give her loads of challenging CBT homework. When you really want to change, therapy can be hard and confronting work - it's not just a chance to get sympathy and have your opinions validated by a third party.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Not another tooth drama surely nottttt. Her teeth storylines fascinate me endlessly. I refer back to her saying not so long ago that her teeth were absolutely fine, just a little overcrowded and therefore somehow agony sometimes (huh? Make it make sense).
SO, she wants people to believe that her teeth cause her frequent, excruciating pain and often break - crumbling to "sand" because of years of poverty/alcoholism. She also wants people to believe that her teeth are perfect and there's nothing that her wonderful dentist who is amazing, comforting and cups her face just shy of kissing her softly on the cheeks can do for her. Meanwhile she's been facetuning herself a set of Turkey teeth in every selfie for years.

What's the truth?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Not another tooth drama surely nottttt. Her teeth storylines fascinate me endlessly. I refer back to her saying not so long ago that her teeth were absolutely fine, just a little overcrowded and therefore somehow agony sometimes (huh? Make it make sense).
SO, she wants people to believe that her teeth cause her frequent, excruciating pain and often break - crumbling to "sand" because of years of poverty/alcoholism. She also wants people to believe that her teeth are perfect and there's nothing that her wonderful dentist who is amazing, comforting and cups her face just shy of kissing her softly on the cheeks can do for her. Meanwhile she's been facetuning herself a set of Turkey teeth in every selfie for years.

What's the truth?!
I think her story changes to fit whatever a squig has said in response eg
Scenario 1
Jack 'I've got terrible toothache and a tooth has crumbled - send cash doggos'
Squig - 'Sounds like your teeth are rotten through poor hygiene. See a dentist'.
Jack 'How dare you pal. My teeth are Greek and therefore extremely strong. Obviously I was joking when I said crumbled. Can't I have a joke on this hellscape without some whitewing gammon wishing I would stop breathing'.
Scenario 2
Jack 'I've got terrible toothache and a tooth has crumbled - send cash doggos'
Squig 'Oh Jack I'm crying 😢 After all you have done for people this is so unfair. Those bloody Tories. Please can I send a little something from my meagre pension to help you at this terrible time'.
Jack 'Yes Tories. Years of wailing and gnashing my teeth for you in the face of grinding poverty has reduced them to painful pegs. I would love to be able to afford dental work but alas due to working 100 hours a week unpaid I cannot. If you insist I can only bashfully awkwardly Britishly point to my PayPal link'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
This might have been said at the time.... But also how is she going to account for changing packet sizes? Receipts don't say how many are in there or what the weight is. Unless she's written all this down too?!
Listen, she knows that CHEESE =£1. I don't know what else you want from her.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
She’s claiming she was a big whiskey drinker again. Of course, back in 2016 she claimed it was a bottle of gin a night. (Receipts from an old Tattle thread).

View attachment 1433180
And of course, once I went looking for that, I found Jack talking about how she never ever drank gin ever. Not even on those insta photos of the gin tasting. This was in the nasty trifle thread.

View attachment 1433189
Fucks sake, the way she trivialises alcoholism there. "From alcoholic to don't bleeping need it in 2 weeks". "Now we've kicked alcoholism's arse". Jack and recovery - completed it mate. That's not how it works. She wasn't, isn't an alcoholic. She's full of tit.

Overproof whiskey by the way, where on earth was she buying that? It isn't a commonly available drink. But of course, Jack couldn't just be addicted to whiskey, it had to be the strongest of whiskies ever 🙄.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 73
Surely eating cheese and pickle before bed would leave a really horrid aftertaste?

Why does she do this stuff?

Cheesy, pickly breadcrumbs in the duvet?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Surely eating cheese and pickle before bed would leave a really horrid aftertaste?

Why does she do this stuff?

Cheesy, pickly breadcrumbs in the duvet?

I bet she doesn't brush her teef after she eats in bed. She's clearly not a regular hand washer either so I can't imagine her bedclothes are changed regularly. That honk must go right to the bone.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.