Jack Monroe #343 A heavy dose of chickpea and loathing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm fairly certain we've been here before with Jack's teef being broken on an unsuspecting bread roll 🙄.
Given everything Jack has done to food over the years, it was only a matter of time before it started fighting back. Expect more of this.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
I was about to say the same thing.

@MsGilmore she was definitely listed as Director (the one and only).

I suspect @Mrs Peel that as GriftyMcGriftFace (best name :LOL: ) suggested, she took advice from her accountant (although in something I read this afternoon, she listed herself as accountant, in a long list of job titles she held - if that's the case, it would have been bad advice, but I digress) and set up the company to reduce her tax burden.

As mentioned previously, I did a lot of accounts for small businesses, some were limited and some just sole traders who needed a helping hand. One such business (hopefully none of the directors are on here or I could🔺myself :censored:) had 3 directors, each holding a share worth £1 each, of which 3 were issued. They were also all self employed. From the business, they received dividends - which were pretty impressive amounts as it was an extremely profitable company - and only "earned" a couple of quid under the threshold for paying tax. Essentially, at that particular time, they were legally earning around £8,500 and not paying tax. Their dividends were taxable in accordance with the current rates at the time, but this still worked out beneficially for them. They also had director's loans, but I wasn't involved in that so no idea if that would also be beneficial - I'm guessing it would be or why do it (I believe the company pays tax on them, but it wasn't my area of expertise so can't really say without digging).
Rather cleverly, :unsure: they bought a cheap building between them, then rented it to the company as premises, earning themselves a massive payment each month in rental income! This more than covered the refurbishment required as well as giving them a wad of cash! Somehow this was tax free but I never understood why (their official accountant looked after that part when I submitted my part of the accounts to him).

Apologies for rambling, I guess what I'm trying to say is that Jack's accountant will definitely have worked out the most tax-efficient way for her to operate. But if she didn't keep on top of stuff - and she obviously didn't - then it was a complete waste of time.:sneaky:

In my opinion, and this is just a guess, I'd say she definitely wouldn't have been showing any PayPal donations (from whatever source) as income in her self-assessment submissions. Unless they have reason to doubt what you're submitting, in my experience HMRC generally don't chase up thousands of sole traders for proof of income, so she could be getting away with all sorts.:mad:
I know it’s totally legal, but I’ve always found the idea of people who claim to be super left leaning setting up as ltd companies to minimise their tax a bit icky. Especially when they’re so bleeping vocal and feel morally superior (yes I’m looking at you Jack)

• Heart
Reactions: 47
This is not the kind of Twitter content you expect from the work accounts of food industry professionals, is it?

• Haha
Reactions: 65
How many teeth did she start with? I refuse to believe she has any left to break. This is a weekly occurrence.

"I Jack Monroe, have the most teeth, all the teeth, more teeth than anybody ever."

• Haha
Reactions: 60
How many teeth did she start with? I refuse to believe she has any left to break. This is a weekly occurrence.

"I Jack Monroe, have the most teeth, all the teeth, more teeth than anybody ever."
Luckily for her, sharks regenerate teeth

• Haha
Reactions: 49
This is not the kind of Twitter content you expect from the work accounts of food industry professionals, is it?
What? You don’t follow Delia? She’s always tweeting about her bad mentals, descriptive imagery of her vulva, and chucking in references to the depths of human despair. Also, Gordon Ramsey just started a descriptive thread about an ingrowing toenail between recipes. (Just kidding on both counts your honour.)

I had never heard of Carole’s therapy speciality before but it sounds like it would suit Jack to a tee.

B2851827-D0AF-4A8E-AFCA-0819578F189A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
Apologies for being a.... Scottish dick... but her spelling of whiskey makes it American, like Jack Daniels. So she's not bingeing on sainsbos own brand Scotch Whisky. Nob

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46

She’s actually claimed to have very few teeth in the past, so every single crumbling tooth must be a significant loss!

The fact she says it crumbles like dust tho - surely not? An influencer was talking about her crumbly toe nail the other day, pls can we just keep our disintegrating bits to ourselves??? 😭

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
FFS, does she have any teeth left in her head!? I'm sure this is the third or fourth dental emergency this year alone. I'd honestly rather dive headfirst into a septic tank than go anywhere near her rancid gob :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I'm moving house, am procrastinating madly. Thus I have finished my artistically forensic analysis of Jack's coming out as lesbian. The other day I cited x and y but they weren't her own words, so I deleted and corrected

However, I knew I'd read her own contradictory words, and here they are:

Screenshot_20220721-084744_Chrome.jpg

Evening Standard 11 Nov 2013
Screenshot_20220721-084643_Chrome.jpg

No one cares when you came out Jack. It's the constant lies that suck

• Wow
Reactions: 53

You’ve seen those pics. Those teeth go on forever.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I'm roughly the same age as Jack and my teeth are not randomly breaking/crumbling/falling out of my head. I do brush and floss regularly though. How are her teeth in such bad condition? She seems to completely lack basic hygiene. Manky.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
What? You don’t follow Delia? She’s always tweeting about her bad mentals, descriptive imagery of her vulva, and chucking in references to the depths of human despair. Also, Gordon Ramsey just started a descriptive thread about an ingrowing toenail between recipes. (Just kidding on both counts your honour.)

I had never heard of Carole’s therapy speciality before but it sounds like it would suit Jack to a tee.

View attachment 1433167
Jack is certainly unique.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
She’s claiming she was a big whiskey drinker again. Of course, back in 2016 she claimed it was a bottle of gin a night. (Receipts from an old Tattle thread).

1937B5F9-A81D-4B91-B414-633003584DB3.jpeg

And of course, once I went looking for that, I found Jack talking about how she never ever drank gin ever. Not even on those insta photos of the gin tasting. This was in the nasty trifle thread.

35BDE815-22E8-4E3B-B18D-2853C9F6D074.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 86

Not to get back to teeth counting (although we have a lot more members who might want to do it privately) she did claim to have too many teeth at one point. We got excited - hence the counting teeth - only to find she actually has an entirely normal amount.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I'm roughly the same age as Jack and my teeth are not randomly breaking/crumbling/falling out of my head. I do brush and floss regularly though. How are her teeth in such bad condition? She seems to completely lack basic hygiene. Manky.
I assumed you were the same age as Lynne. And looked like her. Must stop judging people by their avatar!🤓

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I'm surprised she has any teeth left, one crumbles out of her mouth at a monthly rate, yet never any evidence, and normally followed by a takeaway the day after.

I dunno, Jack, seems like you're....lying. It's dull, find another stupid story to lie about.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.