Jack Monroe #343 A heavy dose of chickpea and loathing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she was drinking whiskey heavily for a decade, which would be... 2011 to 2021? So where does that leave the not drinking during the Poverty (or, depending on which article you read, the drinking Sainsbury's pisswater lager over Christmas one year?)
Exactly - the Jack conundrum. She never knows whether to go with so poor for a decade she had to unscrew lightbulbs and trail a crying toddler around in the rain, or drunk for a decade on expensive spirits Jack.
Now I know the two aren't mutually exclusive but she said they were.
If she was spending a lot on drink and letting her son go cold and hungry - well. I don't really know what to say about that.

Reactions: 58
bleeping gravel teeth, again. BORING.

Didn't think I'd be longing for deliriously painful two kinds of arthritic shoulder tweets, and yet here we are.

At least make up some new ailments Jack, this is all getting rather repetitive :sleep:

Reactions: 34
Not to get back to teeth counting (although we have a lot more members who might want to do it privately) she did claim to have too many teeth at one point. We got excited - hence the counting teeth - only to find she actually has an entirely normal amount.
Are we sure she means her own teeth? Given the clutter and nonsense in that house I wouldn't be surprised to learn she has other sets of teeth knocking around.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Her teeth sound absolutely bleeping foul the tit she’s constantly writing about them 🤢🤢🤢🤢

TW / suicide

I didn't see the part about alcohol.
She's a lying bleep. A decade? duck off. We have service users who drink those kinds of volume of spirits and have done for far longer than that. Sometimes drinking a 70cl bottle of whiskey a day to keep themselves ticking over when money is tight or before a detox. They are completely unable to function. Not claim their benefits correctly, not eat properly, maintain personal hygiene.

How the duck has she managed to publish books, let alone do (terrible TV and SM) in this decade of suicidal amounts of over proof whiskey. You are a disgrace and no wonder you are the NPR for you child.

/SPOILER]

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 52
Exactly - the Jack conundrum. She never knows whether to go with so poor for a decade she had to unscrew lightbulbs and trail a crying toddler around in the rain, or drunk for a decade on expensive spirits Jack.
Now I know the two aren't mutually exclusive but she said they were.
If she was spending a lot on drink and letting her son go cold and hungry - well. I don't really know what to say about that.
There's one telling of poverty christmas where she has no money for food nor presents for SB so sends him away to his dad's, but did have the money for Tesco value beers. This would be SB's little sister's first Christmas, he probably would have spent it there anyways.

• Sad
Reactions: 39
She’s claiming she was a big whiskey drinker again. Of course, back in 2016 she claimed it was a bottle of gin a night. (Receipts from an old Tattle thread).

View attachment 1433180
And of course, once I went looking for that, I found Jack talking about how she never ever drank gin ever. Not even on those insta photos of the gin tasting. This was in the nasty trifle thread.

View attachment 1433189
I'm not an AA frau so sorry if this is wrong, but are you not an alcoholic always, just in recovery/ recovering?
Not sure what period the gin comments are from but if you're working the steps, would you say you used to be an alcoholic in past tense?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I assumed you were the same age as Lynne. And looked like her. Must stop judging people by their avatar!🤓
Oh I do that too. I'm still picturing Geetbo as the profile pic woman even after learning he's a he/him. Sorry to let you down, but I'm a woman of millennial age range and not a stone-hoarding children's TV character. I know, I'm disappointed too.

Last time it was on a glass of water.
View attachment 1433183

Oh, no, wait - it happened while she was asleep.
View attachment 1433185
So relieved I'm not Jack's friend. If she said this rubbish IRL I'd want to laugh at the silliness of it all. Do you think she really has crumbly teeth? I guess we can add it to the long list of mysterious, SEVERE, Jack ailments. Her GP needs a pay rise.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Apologies for being a.... Scottish dick... but her spelling of whiskey makes it American, like Jack Daniels. So she's not bingeing on sainsbos own brand Scotch Whisky. Nob
Irish whiskey is also with the e, so no doubt she'll have been making Mammy proud with Bushmills.

I had bulimia for over half my life, which is about the worst thing you can do to your teeth except, like, gargling crystal meth laced with sugar...and I only lost two of the fuckers. And, like, the one that broke was due to biting a chupa chup, not drinking water or opening a plastic bag (because like Caroline, I have hands). Jack loses a tooth a month! Can we triangulate her dentist please and see if they're single, because they'll be absolutely loaded?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
I'm moving house, am procrastinating madly. Thus I have finished my artistically forensic analysis of Jack's coming out as lesbian. The other day I cited x and y but they weren't her own words, so I deleted and corrected

However, I knew I'd read her own contradictory words, and here they are:

View attachment 1433168

Evening Standard 11 Nov 2013
View attachment 1433170
No one cares when you came out Jack. It's the constant lies that suck
Also, she was in an abusive lesbian relationship whilst she was pregnant which would introduce a third potential coming out date into the mix. Like you, I couldn't care less. Either talk about it or don't but as with every aspect of the backstory it's the constant chopping and changing that gets on my wick.

I guess the moral of the tooth story is that maybe we shouldn't be blending tins of mandarins in syrup to make "instant orange juice" after all...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 82
Finally caught up. The latter end of the last thread was spicy re Companies House. Thanks to all the Fraus who explained the situation. I'm disgusted that Jack is likely going to get away with this. Although I have absolutely no proof, based on her media gigs in 2020, I think she earned and probably spunked tens of thousands of pounds.
I really doubt she is earning the minimum on patreon, her actions like buying a puppy and renewing an expensive rental suggest she earns well above the minimum.
I also think that rather than having a creepy stalker, Jack is the creepy stalker. Sending those books to poor Boobra, Pete and Ginnifer (Guinevere, Ginny?) prove as much. Other stalker/bullying actions include sending legal letters to former friends and calling people by their first names during arguments on Twitter. It's patronising and intimidating.

She is a vile nasty evil bleep. My sympathy dissipated in 2020 but I'm forever reminded by Hack herself, how undeserving she is of sympathy. You can duck off several times over Jack. Be sure to balance a pencil case that is also suspended on elastic above an open door Jack. Then it can bounce off your inflated giant ego head repeatedly.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
Are we sure she means her own teeth? Given the clutter and nonsense in that house I wouldn't be surprised to learn she has other sets of teeth knocking around.
Years ago, I got called to a lady who had lost her bottom set of dentures. She was in bed and very distressed, bless her. So I crawled around her bedroom and found a bottom set of teef! Yay! Except they weren't hers 😂. Her bottom set were never found 😂.

• Haha
  • Wow
I guess the moral of the tooth story is that maybe we shouldn't be blending tins of mandarins in syrup to make "instant orange juice" after all...
Perhaps there’s something in that gold spray that makes your teeth crumble to dust.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Years ago, I got called to a lady who had lost her bottom set of dentures. She was in bed and very distressed, bless her. So I crawled around her bedroom and found a bottom set of teef! Yay! Except they weren't hers 😂. Her bottom set were never found 😂.
That reminds me of my grandad and how he used to put his false teeth into a glass at night. All fine, except he would leave the teeth lying around in odd places. When I stayed with grandparents I'd have to remember this to avoid getting an awful surprise. I still recall going into the bathroom half-asleep and being startled by the disembodied grinning teeth. Still, it could be worse. At least I never got traumatised by seeing a shark in a skip.

This will never stop being funny.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
My fathers uncle used to borrow dentures from neighbours/friends/family when he wanted to look smart for weddings and the like. Top that with your poor fishing, Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Highlighted bit, what does that mean? at first I was thinking it's when daddy gets you a job, else a way to get rid of daddies useless daughter from the job

1658360129684.png

• Haha
Reactions: 31
My dad (who was a dentist) had his car broken into once. They stole a whole bunch of wax impressions and dentures, thinking they were watches or something because of the little boxes they were in!

Anyway, moving on from teef, because hers are gross, I wonder what her next begging strategy will be?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.