Jack Monroe #343 A heavy dose of chickpea and loathing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh feck! As a sort of middle class, almost 50 year old woman slap bang in the middle of my post graduate diploma in CBT and groupwork let's hope I'm not out of touch 😬. I may only be a trainee but I'm confident in saying Jack would NOT be a good candidate for CBT as she definitely wouldn't want to engage in homework or exploring the thinking lying behind her behaviour
Or, indeed, the lying behind her behaviour :unsure:
Totally agree with what you say (although I don't consider 50 middle aged...now I'm mid 60s ha!😁). Youthful up to 25, young 25-50, middle aged 51-70, mature ;) 70-90. Then we're old.😁)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I would really like to hear Jack explain it. But of course she won’t. She’s hoping it will just quietly sink and be forgotten about.

But it was the company that claimed (and was paid) furlough payments. That’s the bit I don’t understand. If there was no income going through the company, why would it be claiming furlough?
Of course she wants it to sink, she’s got all that money for working on it.

Reactions: 18
Aaargh. Sometimes I think the people who reply to her are worse than she is. 500 ways to break your teeth. It’s just not interesting

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I think she got carried away at the beginning and embellished without deliberate malice. But now, she's become so addicted to attention and validation that she lies and obfuscates out of malice in order to keep it going. And she is increasingly trapped by this.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
She will think she is invincible due to getting away with the tax thing.

the tooth Crumbling and 3 scissor mentions were all just to wind us up as it is clear the squiggs don’t pay attention or are so far up her arse they are coming out of her ouchy mouth.

Reactions: 33
I’m way behind so I’m sure it’ll have been said, but why, and how, would she be using a tooth towards the back of her mouth to open a packet? 🤨

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
What? You don’t follow Delia? She’s always tweeting about her bad mentals, descriptive imagery of her vulva, and chucking in references to the depths of human despair. Also, Gordon Ramsey just started a descriptive thread about an ingrowing toenail between recipes. (Just kidding on both counts your honour.)

I had never heard of Carole’s therapy speciality before but it sounds like it would suit Jack to a tee.

View attachment 1433167

You're so very, very special. Now tell me all about your amazingly special self.

That'll be £350, please. Same time next week?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Breaking a tooth is so traumatic though, how can she just be nonchalantly posting about 'intriguing sharpness' etc like can you please just go to a dentist or say you're making it up 😩

I just hope someone has taken care of SB's dental health over the years
She's like a disgusting child boasting about farting all the time but without the comforting knowledge that they'll eventually grow out of it. All that eating in bed, poor dental hygiene and then incredibly actually boasting about it is revolting. If she was actually serious about being a campaigner, she wouldn't be constantly sharing way too much information like this. No wonder Borbora HATED her.*

* Became vaguely aware of a repellent smelly presence and promptly forgot her when she moved on. Until the stalking started.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
She’s claiming she was a big whiskey drinker again. Of course, back in 2016 she claimed it was a bottle of gin a night. (Receipts from an old Tattle thread).

View attachment 1433180
And of course, once I went looking for that, I found Jack talking about how she never ever drank gin ever. Not even on those insta photos of the gin tasting. This was in the nasty trifle thread.
This blog post is disgusting. So insulting to both struggling and recovering alcoholics and addicts, to suggest that you can go from a bottle of spirits a day drinker to 'don't need it' in 2 weeks. Able to sip red wine and casually toss it away. That's not the way the disease works. And then immediately to ask for money! She is a ghoul and I do not believe she has ever been or is now in real recovery as a true AA member would recognise.

I believe she goes to AA purely because AA is a paradise for narcs....people have no choice but to listen to you talk about yourself and show you love and support back. I also don't believe she's ever been a true alcoholic or addict (although she may have abused substances, prescribed, legally bought or otherwise, either now or in the past).

A real addict in recovery would simply not be this arrogant and wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
I’m way behind so I’m sure it’ll have been said, but why, and how, would she be using a tooth towards the back of her mouth to open a packet? 🤨
A. Because she's wacky! She's zany! She's a maverick l'il pixie who is ripping up the rule book! A born anarchist!

OR

B. She's repulsive and gets a kick out of slobbering over packets of rolls.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
It's becoming so obvious that she's not committed to a career in food. It was only ever a vehicle. Her skills and knowledge have deteriorated. She's astoundingly poorly read, she's uninterested in the work of her peers, and she's unable to develop. It's pitiful.
Her knowledge and skills were highest when she had Allegra doing everything for her (imho)

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Hope big Dave gets older than Methuselah and Jack never gets her mitts on any of his houses .

• Haha
  • Heart
If she cares about fires, why not use her considerable platform to do something about climate change and the scary heat that led to those fires, rather than talking about herself.

Oh it's Jack, who can only talk about herself.
She'd need to find a way to centre herself in it. Something like "during The Poverty I was lapping from a puddle in the street because I couldn't afford water, when I was kicked aside by an evil Tory. Denied moisture, I burst into flames as the Tories danced round me singing "burn, baby burn, povvo inferno" and chanting "shut your legs". It is only thanks to the NHS and my fire fighting skills that I was able to survive this horrible ordeal".

• Haha
Reactions: 49
She’s claiming she was a big whiskey drinker again. Of course, back in 2016 she claimed it was a bottle of gin a night. (Receipts from an old Tattle thread).

View attachment 1433180
And of course, once I went looking for that, I found Jack talking about how she never ever drank gin ever. Not even on those insta photos of the gin tasting. This was in the nasty trifle thread.

View attachment 1433189
So she's asking people to sponsor her going 'sober' for a month in the same post where she's just said that she's actually already slipped and had a few sips of wine?

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.