Jack Monroe #343 A heavy dose of chickpea and loathing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carole is well dodgy! I wonder if the BACP know that she is also her clients publisher!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Her gums actually look quite red and sore, I wonder if she has periodontis. ( gum disease) perhaps that's all the ouchy mouth and dentist appointments are about her teef are falling out and also the reason for softy soft food.
They've always got that black line of calculus on them too. She's definitely not a fan of the tooth brush for sure.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Can you imagine the amount of spite houses Jack would build if she could stop spending her money on crap?
View attachment 1433018
Ooo a spite tower. FANCY! I think Jack would put them everywhere. She'd be responsible for new urban planning laws, introduced just to stop Jack's spite houses from springing up everywhere. Watch out Jamie Oliver, your house is about to be enrircled by a spite fortress.

You've just earned yourself an extra paragraph in the Book of Grievances!
No it's okay because Jack gave us all permission to shoplift, remember? I'm just going to take my copy from the shelf and walk out without paying.

Can't wait to see how long The Book of Grievances will be. It'll make War and Peace look like a novella.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I seriously keep wondering if Harold and Maureen are friends with Bobora - if they have bridge nights, and do Maureen and Bobs do a book club.

Also, that ‘Living Rough for Two Years’ article - where is SB supposed to have been?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
🦉😭 What an image

🥺

If you build the spite house, I'll build a spite house next door with shark jaws that protrude into your spite house's space. Or a spite skyscraper topped with spite shark jaws. This is not a feud I want to start.
Ha! This reminds me of a neighbour feud we had. After much awful behaviour on their part. Illegal extension, trespass, filling our bin, telling us where we could park on the public highway 😳. Cos we were 'council' and they were entitled. It ended when they said their girls were frightened by our skip outside 🙄. A Spite Skip, apparently. The skip we filled and had arranged collection for and kept them informed about. It ended that day, finally, with me telling them not to be so bloody wet, to duck off and never speak to me again 😂.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
I seriously keep wondering if Harold and Maureen are friends with Bobora - if they have bridge nights, and do Maureen and Bobs do a book club.

Also, that ‘Living Rough for Two Years’ article - where is SB supposed to have been?
Oh you know, with Jack in a cardboard box. It's quite straightforward, she couldn't tell people she was short of money because SB would have been taken into care but homelessness street teams and services, the police and general public were all totally cool with a toddler living on the streets.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
This might have been said at the time.... But also how is she going to account for changing packet sizes? Receipts don't say how many are in there or what the weight is. Unless she's written all this down too?!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
🦉😭 What an image

🥺

If you build the spite house, I'll build a spite house next door with shark jaws that protrude into your spite house's space. Or a spite skyscraper topped with spite shark jaws. This is not a feud I want to start.
Imagine having shark teefs AND shark eyes lurking in the spite attic.
6066.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Ha! This reminds me of a neighbour feud we had. After much awful behaviour on their part. Illegal extension, trespass, filling our bin, telling us where we could park on the public highway 😳. Cos we were 'council' and they were entitled. It ended when they said their girls were frightened by our skip outside 🙄. A Spite Skip, apparently. The skip we filled and had arranged collection for and kept them informed about. It ended that day, finally, with me telling them not to be so bloody wet, to duck off and never speak to me again 😂.
Oh wow. 👏

I'm laughing at the thought of their kids being frightened by a skip. Maybe I shouldn't admit this, but when my childhood best friend found a skip we both got really excited and went to see if we could salvage any good stuff from it (don't try this at home, kids). Did your skip contain any big shark jaws? Creepy mannequins?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Jack's spending on crap also contradicts her 'the pov scarred me for life' narrative because if someone had plumbed the depths of depravity and despair as she claims they wouldn't be splurging left right and centre and leaving themselves open to being back in that situation (£34 in the bank send cashos).

My Dad had a lot of problems with drugs over the years and ended up living on the streets for a few years. He is sorted now thankfully, but even decades later the frugality hasn't left him. He came to stay recently and I ordered a chinese through their website. Somehow the order glitched and it sent two portions of special fried rice, large main meal sized. Too much for us to eat with the other food ordered. When I went to clear up afterwards my Dad was visibly on edge about the prospect of the food being thrown away, because he had experienced life where food wasn't a given.

A milder version of Art Speigleman's father on holiday in Maus trying to return a half eaten packet of cornflakes to the shop on their way home, because his experiences in the Holocaust mean he is unable to let any food go to waste.

Jack had the most traumatic time in history, the hungriest a human has ever been, yet she gets a few quid and it's 4 McPlants and two pairs of Tiffany earrings :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Let me help by providing you with an absolute banger of design inspiration, courtesy of Mississippi, which like supper-inspiration Georgia is possibly not in Central/Eastern Europe 🇬🇪 🇺🇸 🇰🇿
114EEACA-3D45-4A5B-B9C8-4C596A92051B.jpeg
🔺This place is not too far (in US of A distances) from my Outlaws’* place, hence my literally forensic Mississippi Gulf Coast architectural knowledge

PS ROARING 🦉 🍾 at “member”. The only way to elevenrife that would have been his “male member”

*I do not call them that. Ever. Even though I’m literally married to their son

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Jack's spending on crap also contradicts her 'the pov scarred me for life' narrative because if someone had plumbed the depths of depravity and despair as she claims they wouldn't be splurging left right and centre and leaving themselves open to being back in that situation (£34 in the bank send cashos).

My Dad had a lot of problems with drugs over the years and ended up living on the streets for a few years. He is sorted now thankfully, but even decades later the frugality hasn't left him. He came to stay recently and I ordered a chinese through their website. Somehow the order glitched and it sent two portions of special fried rice, large main meal sized. Too much for us to eat with the other food ordered. When I went to clear up afterwards my Dad was visibly on edge about the prospect of the food being thrown away, because he had experienced life where food wasn't a given.

A milder version of Art Speigleman's father on holiday in Maus trying to return a half eaten packet of cornflakes to the shop on their way home, because his experiences in the Holocaust mean he is unable to let any food go to waste.

Jack had the most traumatic time in history, the hungriest a human has ever been, yet she gets a few quid and it's 4 McPlants and two pairs of Tiffany earrings :rolleyes:
It doesn't add up at all. Can't answer the door, can't open her post as The Poverty has left her with PTSD, gets some money and just fritters it away 🤷.

Reactions: 35
Oh wow. 👏

I'm laughing at the thought of their kids being frightened by a skip. Maybe I shouldn't admit this, but when my childhood best friend found a skip we both got really excited and went to see if we could salvage any good stuff from it (don't try this at home, kids). Did your skip contain any big shark jaws? Creepy mannequins?
I know someone who lives in a small village and the town was rocked by some woman demanding a local rooster minding it's own business on a farm be destroyed because her daughter was terrified of it.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Her teeth sound absolutely bleeping foul the tit she’s constantly writing about them 🤢🤢🤢🤢

TW / suicide

C3EB8E51-5115-4FCF-9214-75543F11A9C6.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 78

Ha! It's a DKL midweek throwback sesh! Toot Toot!

ETA-
View attachment 1432878

I’ve thought long and hard about it and this was definitely my 2020 highlight. Before we went live on DKL every day in the first week I would be in my kitchen from 6am doing sound checks and rehearsals and tech checks and script run throughs and also parenting and feeding the family and setting up home schooling and moving the lighting depending on the weather and cleaning smudges off cabinets and a zillion other things - it was absolutely MAD here every single morning trying to segue from a home kitchen to a studio space and back again....so I didn’t notice one morning that as I raced back in to the kitchen after my final-nervous-wee-two-minutes-before-the-theme-tune (shouting to the fam to disconnect everything from the WiFi and not come in for the next hour) that my big gorgeous cat had run in the door behind me... until I saw him looming in the background of the iPad i’d duct taped up in a corner to keep an eye on the gallery (that’s a row of screens that shows the live transmission, the studio, the director/team and multiple camera angles so you can keep an eye on what’s going on and going out). And anyway, 1.6 million people got to hear the special soppy voice I talk to my cat with live on the BBC. And he biffed me in the face for it, because he’s so much cooler than I am. To this day I remain grateful that he chose to make his television debut on the day I’d finally got my tit together enough to do my hair and makeup. What a wild time this was. And how thankful I am for all of it
As usual trying to extract truth from her hyperbole and lies is a fool's errand - but why on Daily Kitchen Live (a potentially decent programme she single handedly torpedoed) was she was 'working' from 3.30am to midnight?
Well truth probably is she wasn't working at all. But absolutely buzzing from the attention, drinking and monitoring both Tattle and Twitter at all hours. Really showing she was never suitable or professional enough to handle this quite minor bit of celebrity and responsibility.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.