Jack Monroe #343 A heavy dose of chickpea and loathing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the explanation - I had to read it 4 times before it registered lol, think I get it now (sort of haha). This is why I only did accounts to trial balance! :LOL:

I was thinking that, too - bet she comes back with something new at some point. Would love to know what the (alleged) meeting with her (alleged) accountant entailed! I'm nosey like that though.😁

Thankspaceyou Marmalade Atkins for the new avatar😘 - there was far too much choice, I hope you don't mind me
Out of touch middle class middle aged ladies make up 90% of self funded counselling/therapy courses
Oh feck! As a sort of middle class, almost 50 year old woman slap bang in the middle of my post graduate diploma in CBT and groupwork let's hope I'm not out of touch 😬. I may only be a trainee but I'm confident in saying Jack would NOT be a good candidate for CBT as she definitely wouldn't want to engage in homework or exploring the thinking lying behind her behaviour

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Ha! It's a DKL midweek throwback sesh! Toot Toot!

ETA-
View attachment 1432878

I’ve thought long and hard about it and this was definitely my 2020 highlight. Before we went live on DKL every day in the first week I would be in my kitchen from 6am doing sound checks and rehearsals and tech checks and script run throughs and also parenting and feeding the family and setting up home schooling and moving the lighting depending on the weather and cleaning smudges off cabinets and a zillion other things - it was absolutely MAD here every single morning trying to segue from a home kitchen to a studio space and back again....so I didn’t notice one morning that as I raced back in to the kitchen after my final-nervous-wee-two-minutes-before-the-theme-tune (shouting to the fam to disconnect everything from the WiFi and not come in for the next hour) that my big gorgeous cat had run in the door behind me... until I saw him looming in the background of the iPad i’d duct taped up in a corner to keep an eye on the gallery (that’s a row of screens that shows the live transmission, the studio, the director/team and multiple camera angles so you can keep an eye on what’s going on and going out). And anyway, 1.6 million people got to hear the special soppy voice I talk to my cat with live on the BBC. And he biffed me in the face for it, because he’s so much cooler than I am. To this day I remain grateful that he chose to make his television debut on the day I’d finally got my tit together enough to do my hair and makeup. What a wild time this was. And how thankful I am for all of it
No mention of the gross overflowing bin 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 15
Her gums actually look quite red and sore, I wonder if she has periodontis. ( gum disease) perhaps that's all the ouchy mouth and dentist appointments are about her teef are falling out and also the reason for softy soft food.

Reactions: 26
Her gums actually look quite red and sore, I wonder if she has periodontis. ( gum disease) perhaps that's all the ouchy mouth and dentist appointments are about her teef are falling out and also the reason for softy soft food.
Apparently vapes can be as bad/worse than smoking for this

• Sad
Reactions: 22
J1g is very bad for the old teethos and gummos. #RandomFact

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
What with them teeth, poor old Harold's little Harold was most likely spiralized.
🦉😭 What an image

Status Woe is a loyal squig in disguise wanting to destroy us all to protect her master the overlord Monroe.

Sorry, I am afraid that is a promise I can’t make.
🥺

If you build the spite house, I'll build a spite house next door with shark jaws that protrude into your spite house's space. Or a spite skyscraper topped with spite shark jaws. This is not a feud I want to start.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Maybe Carol is Borbs secret lover and exacting her revenge for the awful stalking her love has received.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
they don’t make them PAYE, but they can insist on Ltd.

But they do, self employed people submit invoices for 'services', companies pay these invoices, they have to declare these payments. So they can offset against their own tax.
Yes so they don’t have to operate PAYE. I was agreeing with you.

They don’t itemise those invoices in the same way that an employer reports PAYE payments
though. They give income, expenses and profit figures on the tax return. They’re not required to give a breakdown, but do have to keep a record of those invoices.

Reactions: 10
Out of touch middle class middle aged ladies make up 90% of self funded counselling/therapy courses
Having had the misfortune to work with them in a prior job, in my deeply forensic, granular experience, they also comprise 90% of university counselling Certificate/Diploma course instructors and program leaders too.

It was like being in a constant fuge state of wafting chiffon scarves, Per Una, and a patronizing air of “talk to everyone as if they’re all five year olds who’ve had a bit too much Sunny Delight and it’s almost bedtime”. (Also, some of the most passive aggressive people I’ve ever worked with so I can totally see/am here for Sabotage Carole)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Carole, Carole, pleeeeease make the Book of Grievances happen! I promise it will sell more than Good Food for Bad Days! We'd all buy a copy!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Look at me, I’ve got a cat, aren’t I eccentric and interesting.
so obvious she never actually watches TV to see how presenters actually behave.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.