Jack Monroe #343 A heavy dose of chickpea and loathing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't realise she left school at 16, that makes so much sense now regarding her poor writing skills. She just stopped and never progressed. No wonder she uses words she doesn't understand. She is still the toddler that's trying to talk like a grown up.

Where did she live at 16? Was it with Slumdad and did he or another family member own the chippy?
I think she lived with friends, someone else with more knowledge might be able to expand on that. There does seem to be very little information about her post school pre call handler life. Of course it’s always possible she lied and she did live with her parents and do a series of minimum wage jobs. I've known a few situations like that where the parents have hoped the child will go back into education or get a non dead end job and the child has just coasted along. If the truth is she didn’t move out but just had a vey uneventful life subsidised by her parents until she was earning enough in her call handler job to rent her own flat then it’s not surprising she doesn’t talk about it. I mooched off my parents until my dad pulled strings and got me a well paid job doesn’t fit well with her poor victim status.

Reactions: 37
I also titted about at school and performed badly in my GCSEs. Went to 6th Form and agreed to take Human Biology GCSE in addition to 3 A Levels for the first year, problem solved. Then I titted about at college, still got accepted into university and titted about there too (spot the theme). Absolutely no reason Jack couldn't have done the same as she is supposedly the same age as me and that was peak 'school-college-university' New Labour policy time, I know people who went to college and uni having dropped out of school and had no GCSEs. Just another Jackanory.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
She's just so dense. Nothing sinks in. She can only ever see her own viewpoint. I'm about to drive home from Cumbria to Scotland and I can only imagine the chaos that will happen in 3 . hours. Perhaps Jack could re read some of her drivel from last night and take on board some of what she has allegedly learned from AA. The whole acceptance and forgiveness has passed her by. And as for stirring up arguments on Twitter, she hates it if anyone criticises her opinion but it's ok for her to just wade on in uninvited. Dense

Reactions: 51
For anyone (Jack) who needs to hear it:

It is okay to be wrong and to admit it. The sky will not fall in on you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
jack, it's friday afternoon and it's been a long, weird week for a lot of us. we deserve better content than this "blah blah GREEN BENCHES blahblahblah DEMOCRACY yip yip yip INACCURATE" gubbins

isn't there something in a slow cooker you'd like to show us instead? or get in a row with someone interesting? this is boring af

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Jack has always maintained that she moved out at 16. It's one of the few parts of the story that has never changed.

She seems to have worked a variety of low-paid jobs, and apparently she moved a lot during this period as she was being stalked. She claims to have briefly moved home at one point, to escape her stalker.

Incidentally, one of her earliest blog posts is about her experiences being stalked: https://web.archive.org/web/2013020...12/03/08/woolly-anti-stalking-law-not-enough/ which, given that this was literally in the first week of her blog's existence, makes me suspect that some of it is true. The later claims to have had multiple stalkers, abusers etc etc...not so much.

• Wow
Reactions: 43
'kin hell, I've been very brave and had a mammogram 😣 but I'd rather go back and have another one than read any more about Jack's bollocks today. Who hurt her?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
With regards to Jack moving out at 16, would she still show up on the electoral roll at her parents address in 2007, albeit under her deadname ?

or would we assume that covers the period she moved back in to avoid the stalker

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm not quite sure what the Twitter spat is actually about. 😂 Clueless as ever.

Is she upset that there's not an election for the new Tory leader spot? If someone could give me the rough gist of this fight, I'd be so grateful!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
With regards to Jack moving out at 16, would she still show up on the electoral roll at her parents address in 2007, albeit under her deadname ?

or would we assume that covers the period she moved back in to avoid the stalker
TBH if she was moving a lot, she probably wouldn't have updated her address on the electoral roll - what teenager would? I know plenty of people who were still registered at their parents' address well into their mid-20s, because formally changing records every time you move into different (RENTED) accommodation is a pain in the ass.

Reactions: 34
trying to have any type of conversation of debate with her is completely futile. she never sees reason, she never wants to learn. All she wants is to have a final word or the (perceived) upper hand.

Reactions: 39
trying to have any type of conversation of debate with her is completely futile. she never sees reason, she never wants to learn. All she wants is to have a final word or the (perceived) upper hand.
It's all just word vomit. It's meaningless.

Reactions: 38
I wonder if there is the smallest part of Jack that wishes they'd googled UK Youth Parliament before posting on Twitter?

I wonder if SB has voted in the MYP elections? My son certainly hasn't, neither has any other 11-18 year olds that I know now or have done since the YP was set up.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Glaswegian fraus, can we blame Jack's visit and influence for the Chip going full metal chain, in restaurant parlance?
For the non-locals, a well-established fancy West End restaurant in Glasgow which is one of three differently-named/themed hostelries owned by a local family (microchain?) has been bought by a national pub macrochain.
The Chip?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I'm not quite sure what the Twitter spat is actually about. 😂 Clueless as ever.

Is she upset that there's not an election for the new Tory leader spot? If someone could give me the rough gist of this fight, I'd be so grateful!
Jack just wanted to pick a fight with an easy target and get some sweet sweet likes from her fans (disappointingly, no one has been calling the dog tag phone number and trolling Jack, so she needed a Plan B for engagement).

Jack thinks that the phrase "the British people" means any subsection of a group that is both British and people. Conservative Party members do not meet this criteria, dunno if it's because they are not British or not people.

Jack does not understand her own country's voting system, which is really upsetting because it suggests that Jude Law was forced to sit down for no good reason. 😥

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
I asked ten British dogs for their opinion of dog food. All of them said they enjoyed it (I mean, they didn't say it, but they ate it just fine). Therefore, my forensic logic says the British people all enjoy dog food, which should be stacked with essential items in every supermarket and priced down 75% to ensure budget cooks can snaffle all the animal tails they need for their pooches/stews/pumbles. Go well x My IQ is 134 btw

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.