Jack Monroe #337 The gaslighting desperation of a narcissist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New member, be gentle with me! I'm a refugee from Twatter/Guardian btl comments who feels properly used re JM and her 'worthiness' (oh also a certain Honest Beauty Journalist who writes for them who mentioned here so I had a read...) I feel manipulated by SM and my favourite newspaper into believing her fiction. Social policy it ain't. 😤

Welcome, free pumple for you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Nah my kids bus pass is £498 a school year. I’m lucky enough to be able to afford putting money away for it each month but I can easily see how £1000 is feasible for twins. £40 per compulsory blazer here too.

Eta - not saying I agree with the crowdfund, just saying I understand the amount!
My daughters is £333 per term!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 34
Welcome!

She Here is the best recruiter Tattle ever had. We had a little thread chat a while ago about how we found Tattle and Pretty Dishonest he must be responsible for 95% of us (me included) finding the place.

In other news, went to Yorkshire Sculpture Park 🔺and think Jack was here first...
I feel exactly the same. I trusted the Guardian to check both its facts and the veracity of its contributors.
i won’t make that mistake again.
Muchly thank you everyone. Had the feeling all of a sudden that I had fitted into a Guardian reader stereotype ripe to be exploited, coming here made me feel I was not alone. Also re JM on Twitter- alright love, stop banging on about it now!

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Dear cable, am on an eternal grunk these days but had to show you this new place that showed up on Just Eat. Almost fell out of my chair...as you were, dear hearts
Screenshot_20220708-150808_Just Eat.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 58
I feel exactly the same. I trusted the Guardian to check both its facts and the veracity of its contributors.
i won’t make that mistake again.
In my experience 🔺 the Guardian is stuck inside its own echo chamber just as much as other media platforms are. It also has the biggest contingent of posh and overprivileged journos who rarely journey out of the M25; there are more WC background journos on the Times and Telegraph and definitely a lot more on the mid-markets and tabloids.

I have never really understood why the Guardian has managed to maintain its reputation for probity and integrity as it has not had that for a long time and despite being a national newspaper it is not actually hugely interested in what the country outside southern england actually thinks. It's incredibly snobby in its outlook.

That's just my opinion based on my experience and there may well be fraus where who've had other experiences and will tell me different which is cool, I'm always looking to have my perspectives widened!

The moment I really went off the Guardian was actually over the wikileaks scandal of 2010. Listen fraus I'm not standing up for Julian Assange as a person BUT as far as I could see the Guardian had flattered and emotionally manipulated him into giving them the classified documents, they got loads of scoops out of them, won loads of awards, built assange up to be like this kind of superspy hero and then quickly dumped him and spent a few months writing personal hit pieces about how smelly and mentally ill he was (he is apparently on the autism spectrum btw, which they probably suspected when they were writing this stuff). I appreciate they might've done that because of the Swedish allegations and because they were scared of blowback from the US Government but actually they knew about both these things before they did the scoop, so they blew him up, knowing he was allegedly a sex offender, published his leaks and then not only dropped him like a hot potato but did everything they could to paint him as a clown and a fool whilst they were the 'respectable' journalists.

It said a lot to me about how the establishment media uses 'new journalism' when it suits them but will then tarnish the purveyors of that new journalism to prop themselves up, also shoddy treatment of a source, did not sit right with me.

Oh yeah and back in the 90s they bought into the Met Police's systematic lies about Stephen Lawrence and his family and printed them wholesale, it was only the Daily Mail who insisted on fingering the killers and telling the truth despite their journalists getting death threats from the killers' families, that is all conveniently forgotten now.

I've not got a grudge against the Guardian honest! but I DO think they should stop publishing Jack!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 87
In my experience 🔺 the Guardian is stuck inside its own echo chamber just as much as other media platforms are. It also has the biggest contingent of posh and overprivileged journos who rarely journey out of the M25; there are more WC background journos on the Times and Telegraph and definitely a lot more on the mid-markets and tabloids.

I have never really understood why the Guardian has managed to maintain its reputation for probity and integrity as it has not had that for a long time and despite being a national newspaper it is not actually hugely interested in what the country outside southern england actually thinks. It's incredibly snobby in its outlook.

That's just my opinion based on my experience and there may well be fraus where who've had other experiences and will tell me different which is cool, I'm always looking to have my perspectives widened!

The moment I really went off the Guardian was actually over the wikileaks scandal of 2010. Listen fraus I'm not standing up for Julian Assange as a person BUT as far as I could see the Guardian had flattered and emotionally manipulated him into giving them the classified documents, they got loads of scoops out of them, won loads of awards, built assange up to be like this kind of superspy hero and then quickly dumped him and spent a few months writing personal hit pieces about how smelly and mentally ill he was (he is apparently on the autism spectrum btw, which they probably suspected when they were writing this stuff). I appreciate they might've done that because of the Swedish allegations and because they were scared of blowback from the US Government but actually they knew about both these things before they did the scoop, so they blew him up, knowing he was allegedly a sex offender, published his leaks and then not only dropped him like a hot potato but did everything they could to paint him as a clown and a fool whilst they were the 'respectable' journalists.

It said a lot to me about how the establishment media uses 'new journalism' when it suits them but will then tarnish the purveyors of that new journalism to prop themselves up, also shoddy treatment of a source, did not sit right with me.

Oh yeah and back in the 90s they bought into the Met Police's systematic lies about Stephen Lawrence and his family and printed them wholesale, it was only the Daily Mail who insisted on fingering the killers and telling the truth despite their journalists getting death threats from the killers' families, that is all conveniently forgotten now.

I've not got a grudge against the Guardian honest! but I DO think they should stop publishing Jack!
Can believe this based upon their recruiter outreach alone. The Guardian’s salaries are truly abysmal, like instant conversation killer they’re so bad, the Telegraph pay a lil above market rates ime. Again obvs just one person and this isn’t for a writing job. Have also had terrible things about how poorly BAME staff are paid at the guardian. It’s defs easier to write about identity politics then actually apply those learnings to ur own org.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
How much weed did the Social Policy Association have to smoke before they decided that Jack should win an award for promoting understanding of social policy? She consistently gives out faulty advice on applying for benefits, lies about her contribution to various policies ('working behind the scenes') and paints government ministers as a cross between Josef Mengele and Jack the Ripper without ever really engaging with one of their policies.

If Jack gets an award for contributing to public understanding of social policy then Gemma Collins should get one for contributing to public understanding of quantum physics.
“And we’re honoured to present this next award simultaneously with the Guinness Book of Records. It’s sponsored by Pantene and is for the most washing machines broken in one day. Congratulations…Jack Monroe”

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I’d just like to put Kach on notice that Jack donating to this persons JG might have to go on the to do list.
as it stands it is at £622 - same as it was at 12:30 today.
the woman messaged Jack to say it hasn’t gone through and then 3 hours later has shared the link which Jack hasn’t responded to. 😂😂😂
I’m enjoying this.
147030E9-8462-4EFD-A81E-E37AC177A9A8.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 89

I'm doing the Master Detox and would do it again. Rooms aren't 5 star luxury but comfortable and clean. It is so calm, peaceful and beautiful here and just a wonderful place to reset, relax and feel healthy. As an autoimmune disease frau it has been amazing for my body and getting rid of inflammation.

There's daily free yoga, walks, talks, saunas, a steam room and all that jazz and so much more. I've had the BEST massages of my life here and I'm a hard to please bugger.
@Brian Butterfield is FANCY pass it on. Looks lovely dear heart!

I think Vlad is trying to stage an intervention for Jack, send all the hypnosisos...

Screenshot_20220708-161102.png

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Can believe this based upon their recruiter outreach alone. The Guardian’s salaries are truly abysmal, like instant conversation killer they’re so bad, the Telegraph pay a lil above market rates ime. Again obvs just one person and this isn’t for a writing job. Have also had terrible things about how poorly BAME staff are paid at the guardian. It’s defs easier to write about identity politics then actually apply those learnings to ur own org.
The Guardian don't think you should be worried about anything as grubby and ghastly as money, darling! You have your own private income from the trust your daddy set up after all, no? And we don't need to see your CV either. Did your grandad go to Oxford with Kath or Alan? That'll be enough, thanks.

Haha no I jest but seriously does anyone remember Max Gogarty? That was the first time that BTL commentators rose up as one and bit back against Guardian nepotism. It was the start of Web 3.0 as far as I'm concerned where the Great Unwashed stopped passively accepting what the media told them and started saying what they really thought!

Anyway OT...sorry guys...back to Jack...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
I’d just like to put Kach on notice that Jack donating to this persons JG might have to go on the to do list.
as it stands it is at £622 - same as it was at 12:30 today.
the woman messaged Jack to say it hasn’t gone through and then 3 hours later has shared the link which Jack hasn’t responded to. 😂😂😂
I’m enjoying this.
View attachment 1401837
When an unstoppable grifter meets an immovable conartist. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
I originally searched her name and just giving and there were multiple results of her raising money (edit - mainly for herself)
Aaaaaand, she's just popped up in Roadsidemum's feed. I don't recall ever seeing the profile before, but that's probably selection bias. Though I have been pretty forensic with old mate Roadsidemum. It's double funny because RM was incensed about school uniform prices recently and *didn't* shake her tin

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.