Jack Monroe #336 Her writing style makes me wish I’d never learnt to read

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On a side note, why do these dweebs always pick Hugh Grant for Prime Minister? Just because he was in a movie? Do they know nothing else about him? I mean, surely no one is looking at Boris and saying, "The problem with this guy is...not enough sex scandals!"
Fantasy cabinet people are howling idiots. They're often the same people who think the Queen uses hats and brooches to communicate with them about their boring centrist politics with them. I would place them all in my fantasy bin.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
Has she not even mentioned today's political events?

Just twitting on about dogshit and barbecues.

Much activist

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I'm grunking but wanted to bring up Jack's general attitude to victims of substance abuse. She really has no clue and her attitude proves how cushioned her lifestyle is. She is literally wrapped in cotton wool.

Drug abuse is a major issue in Scotland. One of our nearby towns is especially bad for it. You can't walk through the High St without being approached. I have every sympathy for addicted people because it is a disease and also far too easy to fall victim to. But it's also terrifying to be accosted out and about by someone who is desperate and or high and is 9 times out of 10, a man. As a woman, I feel extra vulnerable. Too many women are attacked in public, in broad daylight and even by people we are supposed to be able to trust. We are threatened with sexual violence or threats against our children. It's horrific, there is a real epidemic of gender based violence just now, I'm surprised Jack doesn't address that but I probably shouldn't be. So forgive me Jack if I feel wary and unwilling to cosy up to an addicted person or God forbid report them if they attack me or someone else in front of me.

• Heart
Reactions: 94
I secretly hope that SB's doing at least a few of these things.
I hope he is too. A bit of freedom and knowing it's ok if he messes up a bit (or a lot!). That he's not going to be put on the naughty step or ridiculed.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
She really comes across like she does little hands-on parenting. If we think back to all the times she's spoken about him like he were a much younger child, it's like she doesn't really know what is age appropriate and is guessing? And often getting it wrong.
It's so obvious he doesn't live there. She's like the awkward child free relative at a family gathering, who goes back to work and bigs up their time spent with 'the littles'

My sister's kids are still very little, one almost 4, the other almost 18 months, and as much as I love them, knowing what to do with them is another matter entirely. They're so different from my daughter at that age. I know exactly what she'd say to me if tried any of that naughty step nonsense anyway. Let's just say it's not polite! She never put up with it as a toddler - I was *that* parent removing a red faced screaming until it was sick angry creature by the back of their coat, whilst they flailed in all directions, because it was time to leave playgroup.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Fantasy cabinet people are howling idiots. They're often the same people who think the Queen uses hats and brooches to communicate with them about their boring centrist politics with them. I would place them all in my fantasy bin.
"NI: Sister Michael"

Because all this person knows about NI is Derry Girls and not why that's a... problematic suggestion 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
Slight me rail but I got punched in the face when I worked as a cashier as a teen by a lady who then stole money out of my till.

Is that OK in Jack's book?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
I know we don't discuss squigs but how do these absolute begs find each other. No money, needs things from strangers - check; in hospital, pain a 10/10, live tweeting the whole event - check.

I wish I could unsee all of them. If your toddler's screaming consistently since mid-June, you don't need earplugs from a second-rate celebrity chef, you need a bleeping doctor.

Are they unionised? Is that how they all know each other? Grifters Guild.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
I know we don't discuss squigs but how do these absolute begs find each other. No money, needs things from strangers - check; in hospital, pain a 10/10, live tweeting the whole event - check.

I wish I could unsee all of them. If your toddler's screaming consistently since mid-June, you don't need earplugs from a second-rate celebrity chef, you need a bleeping doctor.

Ahhh yes, just what someone with a baby needs. Noise cancelling earphones to stop hearing the noise of the baby

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
I actually don’t think she’s had any/much in the way of aesthetics. If you look at picture 1 (Downing Street) and the final photo (1/6/2022 - just over a month ago giving Claire Sweeney her award) both candid shots by someone else, no chance to facetune the bejesus out of an iPhone portrait selfie, she just looks the same in the first and the last. For me, her aesthetics are as legit as her tax returns.
View attachment 1397961View attachment 1397963
Is it just me or is Julian Clary willing a time portal to open so he can escape?

Quite possibly unionised given how they descend on local free cycling sites. "Is anyone gifting..." with a photo like a wannabee zeleb... never smalls things either "broke the x box/need a new fridge".... well perhaps a few less fake tans and you could HP one like us normals have to.....grinds my gears....it's the society of the entitled..... oh, I've woken the drama llamas .drat...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
When I think of Nightmeat I think of the song Nightshift.

🎶 Gonna be a long night
It's gonna be all right, on the nightmeat
You found another home
I know you're not alone, on the nightmeat, ooh
You found another home
I know you're not alone, on the nightmeat 🎶

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I’ve the perfect tv show to pitch , that Jack would be perfect for. It is a completely original idea and definitely not based on any 80’s kids tv shows
DC4D8972-7096-4DE1-B05C-341F9EE621F4.png

teams of four face perilous challenges in the fantasy world of Nightmeat Castle. Jack Monroe stars as Grift-tweeter, who invites the contestants into the castle as they begin a series of computer-generated and hand-drawn games. One member of the team is selected as the Pumbleteer to take on the physical aspect of the games, whilst the other three watch from a screen , taking notes, updating lever files and give the player inaccurate advice. The aim is to complete 334 levels and get out of the castle, shoplifting various items of meat and butter along the way.

As I’m 100% sure this will be picked up and run for many series,I am off to peruse some expensive sideboards and forever homes

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Just in case nightmeat the tv series isn’t commissioned, I have decided to use my insomnia to work on a book draft instead . Again, a totally original idea and not at all based on a popular book series and/or previous comments by clever posters on this thread.
LJC, I need some sleep 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Just in case nightmeat the tv series isn’t commissioned, I have decided to use my insomnia to work on a book draft instead . Again, a totally original idea and not at all based on a popular book series and/or previous comments by clever posters on this thread.
LJC, I need some sleep 😂
This is fantastic! Insomnia time well spent!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.